New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

9 hours ago, gr8ps said:

I wonder if these pedals would fit on Kingsongs or Gotways. It may be dangerous on the 16S with the low pedal clearance but if it fit, I think I'd give it a go. I find some days I can ride for 30 min + without issues but some days my feet go numb after 10 or 15 minutes - all with the same shoe. I'm thinking bigger pedals would help with that. 

I like the pedals on my KS better than the IM.  But that is just from initial impression.  Will have to see how it is when i get it.  I'm not fond of the rubber.

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

1.png

How come INmotion doesn't care about Africans and Australians? 

I can be wrong, bur I think it is more a case of market volume and available service structure as goes for Africa. As for Australia it might be part of Europe for average height comparison. In some case Australia is part of Asian region.

23 hours ago, that0n3guy said:

They are both around 20kg... see here: 

Yet I would not be certain about this at all. The batteries used in the V10 are supposed to be around 360g lighter than those in the V10F. Apparently also the motor is different (according to the latest infos I read). I would be slightly surprised if the weight of the two wheels were exactly the same. 

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Improves Handle: I'm informed that these first orders will be packaged with the original [loose] V5F handles; an improved type will hopefully follow a bit later on, awaiting news on this development time.

So long for the improved handle ?. I don’t get also why it is not an inch shorter to better see the rear light. Handle is so high when deployed anyway that it would not affect even tall users. 

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/16/2018 at 4:20 AM, Bobwheel said:

Unfortunately the first 500 units is silver, and I've forwarded this message to our team, hopefully they can improve it soon. 

I just ordered some black spray paint for my V10F rim. It should arrive at your office in a few days. ;)

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

Well I had a huge write up and did the undo command for a word near the end and it lost the whole things with no redo option for some reason. Now that I'm very annoyed I'm gonna make this short. I let other people who I thought were more likely to buy it than I ride more but I got my time in.

(COMING FROM V5F 2+years)

Looks like a slightly bigger V8 minus the mullet/mohawk handle; slim profile is nice between the legs

Pedals being bigger = more stability/foot maneuvering and couldn't tell any pros/cons from material

higher axle = did not pedal scrape on sharp turns (not applicable to everyone)

walking maneuverability =  i like the firm/rigidity turning because of it's size; lets me know how I need to not be so weak if I want one of these wheels considering the ability to pick it up with it's lovely cutoff switch
(my 2 cents: if I owned a motorcycle and needed to stand it up but couldn't, I'd laugh at myself)

I'm used to a 15 mph limit so it was glorious to go beyond that (which is applicable to many other wheels)
Gradual/smooth just like you'd expect inmotion to be. Braking is just as smooth. Definitely different distances when starting/stopping comparing wheel/motor size.

I want to keep reppin Inmotion (and I will) but with the improvements from each competitor, my needs (speed/range) can be met by anyone of the makers. I want to add another Inmotion to the EUC fam but I like variety and options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Improved Handle: I'm informed that these first orders will be packaged with the original [loose] V5F handles; an improved type will hopefully follow a bit later on, awaiting news on this development time.

Any detail for how improved it will be? Shorter?

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, Inmotion are pretty much right on target: bulk air-freight for the first batch is expected to be sent to the US today or tomorrow, which will then be dispatched out to the preorder Customers who had opted for the Express shipping service; the container with the remaining V10Fs will go out early next week. 

Improved Handle: I'm informed that these first orders will be packaged with the original [loose] V5F handles; an improved type will hopefully follow a bit later on, awaiting news on this development time.

Hey Jason,

Will the improved handle be provided at a later date for first shipment owners? It would suck for those who put down a deposit to be penalized with a worse wheel. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

@Jason McNeil sometimes I wonder if EUC manufacturers do any usability testing on their product. You find this issue in one day of testing but they have been developing this wheel for how long ?

Actually maybe instead of strapping one handle on top of another, they should have designed a single built on handle on the top that swings up the same way ?

Otherwise They have done many good things with the V10f, I would have liked to see another version possibly little wider but with more battery.

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was getting at when I asked Bob that question, but I got no answers.  :cry2:  Like maybe keep the over the top battery arrangement, but add some side packs as well maybe one layer thick so it helps keep the wheel slim.

With the handle, maybe have it lock to the shell at the back and incorporate a narrow spot for the carry handle.  Don't have the lock release at the front but have it at the back where the light is.  They could even make the end of the handle open like how it is on the end of a shovel so the brake light can be seen through it.

Speedyfeet prices (including all taxes):
V10: 1400 GBP = 1620€
V10F: 1700 GBP = 1960€

Funnily enough, even the French are cheaper (1500€/1800€).

U.S. prices (excluding non-existent taxes):
V10: 1300 US$ = 1050€
V10F: 1600 US$ = 1300€

Difference:
V10: +55%
V10F: +50%

:furious::furious::furious:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, King Llama said:

Hey Jason,

Will the improved handle be provided at a later date for first shipment owners? It would suck for those who put down a deposit to be penalized with a worse wheel. 

Thanks!

hopefully that will be the case. i don’t even want a trolley handle. they can keep mine and ship the improved one when they are ready. i’ll never use it probably but if i sold it i’m sure the buyer would use it.

I’m hoping that we get an improved handle from the prototype I rode last night. I was not fond of it at all, it was loose and had lots of play in it. The handle seemed to lock in only one position which I found awkwardly high. This was the main weakness of the wheel for me.

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I’m hoping that we get an improved handle from the prototype I rode last night. I want not fond of it at all, it was loose and had lots of play in it. The handle seemed to lock in only one position which I found awkwardly high. This was the main weakness of the wheel for me.

How did it compare to your GT16 and Tesla?

9 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

How did it compare to your GT16 and Tesla?

I would say very similar, I consider all three wheels very much is the same class. The Tesla and GT seem to go a bit faster the the v10F, and my GT seems to be a bit more agile, possibly due to its lower center of gravity and compactness. The v10F gives a nice sense of security that lacks in the other two. The Rockwheel is louder then the other wheels..  love them all, and admittedly addicted.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Speedyfeet prices (including all taxes):
V10: 1400 GBP = 1620€
V10F: 1700 GBP = 1960€

Funnily enough, even the French are cheaper (1500€/1800€).

U.S. prices (excluding non-existent taxes):
V10: 1300 US$ = 1050€
V10F: 1600 US$ = 1300€

Difference:
V10: +55%
V10F: +50%

:furious::furious::furious:

Yeah I already told Ian I wasn’t particularly happy with such an insane price hike. A year’s extra warranty shouldn’t cost 30% of a wheel. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kael said:

Yeah I already told Ian I wasn’t particularly happy with such an insane price hike. A year’s extra warranty shouldn’t cost 30% of a wheel. 

Those are insane prices. I have to wonder who's going to pay that kind of a premium.

When Ian first started selling Gotway wheels his prices were fantastic (I bought three from him). Wonder what happened?

• Like 1