New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

3 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

and highest torque ever in an EUC

Where do you get this assumption from?

Torque is related to Amperage, and to the battery and not alone to any watt numbers of the Motor.

with a 4p20S - 40Amps max cell System will be hard to generate more torque than a 6p20S -60Amps System on the ACM2

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, US69 said:

Actual KS S series are all able to do such hills ....14-18...no Problem. Actual GW's like Tesla and ACM2 are capable of the same

Here are some 14d/s and 16s hill climb abilities, both directions:

Have you seen some of Marty's "Overheat hill" tests lately?

With actual wheels hill climbing abilities are not that much of a Problem anymore, at least not in any normal and real life Scenarios.

I would allways advise not to do any 25-30degree hill climbing for longer. That is a totally stress for your batterys and most likely takes away a good percentage of the lifespan of the batterys on just one hill.....no matter which wheel you own.

Interesting. As I posted above, Marty's 14S couldn't handle one particular hill.

Where I live I'm surrounded by really steep hills. Maybe I should cut back on climbing them often. Thanks for the tip

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

As I posted above, Marty's 14S couldn't handle one particular hill.

Yip, that was a hill he also tested never before, also with no other wheel....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, US69 said:

Where do you get this assumption from?

Torque is related to Amperage, and to the battery and not alone to any watt numbers of the Motor.

with a 4p20S - 40Amps max cell System will be hard to generate more torque than a 6p20S -60Amps System on the ACM2

Interesting. I was just going by the max incline angle, and the fact that the V10F's top speed is 25 mph with a 2000 watt motor. I didn't calculate battery power. Would be interesting to see some scientific tests, and also drag racing and hill climbing tests between the two wheels

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scouts Honor said:

Interesting. As I posted above, Marty's 14S couldn't handle one particular hill.

Where I live I'm surrounded by really steep hills. Maybe I should cut back on climbing them often. Thanks for the tip

Really that steep? I am also living in a Region with a LOT of hills...but as Long as they are not that "San Francisco" type Thing...i think you are good to go.

You should watch the amperage drawn on an app and compare it to normal amperage use...As Long as you are not all time on the max, it should be fine :-)

Edited by US69

23 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Scout, where are you that it's so hilly you can't ride up the hill? 

The Green Mountain State. I can usually get up most hills, but at an absolute crawl. And there's one street I haven't tried to tackle yet but could probably make it up.

And these are just streets. some of the offroad trails probably get even steeper and harder to climb.

I also weigh 190+ lbs, and I'm riding an 800 watt MCM3

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I don't think this is an app error. I'm guessing you brought a wheel from a foreign dealer on Aliexpress and the wheel is not an international version. As such it is region locked to China. Try doing what you need to do while running a VPN that outputs your internet connection in China. May need to turn of GPS too. 

Yeah that's part of it, but it's pretty silly. I guess I was doing the diagnostics on my broken V8 wrong, but now I can't even connect in a way that lets me redo it correctly. Turning off cell data and GPS used to be a workaround, but that stopped working. A VPN is probably the solution if inmotion plans to keep the geoblock in the new app.

Just now, Scouts Honor said:

The Green Mountain State. I can usually get up most hills, but at an absolute crawl. And there's one street I haven't tried to tackle yet but could probably make it up.

And these are just streets. some of the offroad trails probably get even steeper and harder to climb.

I also weigh 190+ lbs, and I'm riding an 800 watt MCM3

You mean The little tiny Green Hill state? :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

<snip>

Also, for those who took the leap-of-faith with placing a deposit with either myinmotion.com or ewheels.com get a 10% discount on the ESRP, bringing the shipped price of the V10 to just $1169 & $1440 on the V10F.   

As a leaper-of-faith (not a leper-of faith; different thing entirely), my question is for how long are the discounted prices on the table?  As great as these new wheels appear to be, I am still curious as to how they will compare to the upcoming offerings of King Song and Segway.

1 minute ago, RichieV said:

As a leaper-of-faith (not a leper-of faith; different thing entirely), my question is for how long are the discounted prices on the table?  As great as these new wheels appear to be, I am still curious as to how they will compare to the upcoming offerings of King Song and Segway.

I think the 10% discount stopped the second the wheel was officially launched. Full price now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichieV said:

For those who made the deposit, the deal is available for at least a couple months. The first batch is fully sold out & it will likely be another two months before the next batch arrives to fulfill the demand. 

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

Price:

• V10-$1299
  • V10F-1599

More info: www.ridev10.com

i’m a click away from giving u my money. is a protective cover available and if the first ones are shipping directly from the factory to the consumer, which shipping method on the order? what does the customer pay for shipping?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

I'm guessing this wheel was designed to be a KS-16S killer, and it appears to have done so in every regard. And even the pricing is competitive, unbelievable.

Not gonna lie, I would have bought this instead of my 16S if it was out in the market at my time of purchase, even with the premium in price. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WARPed1701D said:

I think the 10% discount stopped the second the wheel was officially launched. Full price now. 

Right.  If you had submitted your deposit prior to the event (as many of us had done), you qualify for the discount.  Now the wheels are only available at full price. Since we couldn't even place an order for a wheel prior to today, I assume that if you had placed a deposit and now order your wheel, that price will be the discounted one.  I wanted to know if that discounted price was available to us deposit-submitters for a short time only, or if we would be able to wait for the specs/prices of the competition and still qualify for the discount.  But it looks like @Jason McNeil answered that question:

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

For those who made the deposit, the deal is available for at least a couple months. The first batch is fully sold out & it will likely be another two months before batch arrive to fulfill the demand. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Not gonna lie, I would have bought this instead of my 16S if it was out in the market at my time of purchase, even with the premium in price. 

Tell me about it.

Me: Marty Backe, what's your favorite wheel?

Marty: My ACM 1

Me: (ACM 1 is my dream wheel now)

One week later

Me: (Buy MCM3  340wh)

Marty: I'm selling my ACM for slightly more than a new MCM3 340wh

Me: :unsure:

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

At the same time, you got a GREAT wheel in the 16S. While the V10 might be slightly better in all regards, they're very much comparable, except the 16S has a proven track record of reliability (and re-sale value). 

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

One thing not discussed yet is the reported 30 degree max incline angle.

I've never seen a wheel with a reported max angle that high. The highest I've seen is 28 degrees from the Gotway MCM4 High Torque version. Most every other wheel has a 25 degree max. Tesla, ACM, Monster, KS16S, all of them seem to be 25 degrees.

I’m also having a hard time envisioning the V10 climbing a 30 degree of slope. Slope degrees and grade % are totally different. I am wondering if they have used the wrong term 

At the auto proving grounds I used last year I rode the ACM 1600 up and down a 30% grade and it struggled. A 30 % grade equals a 16.7  degree slope. Calculating further a 58 % grade is equivalent to a slope angle of 30 degrees. My ACM 1600 would never have been able climbed that degree of slope. Here is a good example.?

On my video ( I was required to wear a green bib for safety at the grounds) at 52 seconds I ascend a 20% grade and at 1:20 a 30% grade. Imagine going up a grade 2Xs that amount or 30 degrees. Seems impossible! I hope I’m wrong. That would be an awesome amount of torque!

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2