New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

I think what might set the V10(F) apart is the pedal height. Pedals on all current wheels are criminally low. You touch the ground in turns, and they can get stuck on low roots or whatever.

Higher pedals allow for entirely new maneuverability and confidence while riding. If the V10 has the ergonomics to back that up (easy grabbing of the wheel with your legs when you need it), that makes a much bigger difference than motor watts or whatever shiny number else, in terms of control.

Next step in ergonomy would be better shaped shells (for grabbing the wheel tight if necessary, not being lifted from the pedals in jumps, etc), and finally pedal suspension. Maybe also some better shape than just flat metal sheets.

Right now ergonomy is the biggest weakness of current EUCs, and can be easily improved and a wheel can stand out with better ergonomy. The V10(F) is finally a step in the right direction.

--

@Scouts Honor The manufacturer numbers, especially the inclines, are purely made up anyways (I count <50kg Chinese test riders as "made up" as well).

And: What percentage a wheel can climb depends on the rider weight. In the end, it's just about how much power the wheel can provide (or at which power it overheats of fries). For a 20kg wheel, 60kg rider (80kg overall) vs a 100kg rider (120kg overall), 10% grade for the heavy rider is the same stress as 15% grade for the light rider. Needs the same power (approximately).

And: What really counts is for how long wheel can do that. My ACM can do 50% inclines and more easily, just not for long. Too long, and something overheats or just fries. Same for other wheels.

So the only reasonable incline stat would look like "a x kg rider can go y% incline forever".

Until then, only trust actual real life tests:efee47c9c8:

43 minutes ago, thefork said:

Actually, they said "Performance up by 230%," which means that it would be 330% as powerful.

If that's true then that's one more indication for 2000W nominal.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

For those who made the deposit, the deal is available for at least a couple months. The first batch is fully sold out & it will likely be another two months before the next batch arrives to fulfill the demand. 

Hey, now-I never got the chance to buy (only put down the deposit)! Is there only about 6 in the first batch?

6 minutes ago, TechShizzle said:

Hey, now-I never got the chance to buy (only put down the deposit)! Is there only about 6 in the first batch?

No, you're safe, the deposit secures your position for the first batch of 30 Wheels. We've had about 80x deposits before the cut-off date/time, will be a sending out a communication later today to determine which of these depositors wants the V10F & shipping preferences.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

No, you're safe, the deposit secures your position for the first batch of 30 Wheels. We've had about 80x deposits before the cut-off date/time, will be a sending out a communication later today to determine which of these depositors wants the V10F & shipping preferences.  

Now I need to decide... wait for the z10... or just say screw it and get the v10f :).

Have anyone heard when they release the new Inmotion App. And if it will work with other wheels like the V8?

I assume it is released for both IOS and Android.

• Upvote 1

The height of the V10 is 623.5 cm, or 24.5 inches.

The KS18L's height is only 590 cm, or 23.23 inches.

I gues that's basically the same, but the edge goes to the 16" wheel, if you're looking to add a seat to your wheel and height is an advantage.

The KS18S is 28 inches tall, or 3.5" higher than the V10. Maybe the V10 is still too short for most people to sit comfortably on, I guess. You'd need an extra tall seat cushion solution but it's doable

Edited by Scouts Honor

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Have anyone heard when they release the new Inmotion App. And if it will work with other wheels like the V8?

I assume it is released for both IOS and Android.

@Unventor I dont know the release date but should look like this 

Darn I forgot to mention phone "windscreen."  But landscape and gimbal :thumbup:  Don't forget selfie-stick too!  :popcorn:

https://gizmodo.com/a-windscreen-for-smartphones-means-youll-never-shout-ov-1688947280

7 hours ago, Adel said:

That great. @Bobwheel how come EUC manufacturers still don't include built in rubber bumpers at impact points especially pedal bottom ?

Maybe a hard plastic skid pad on the outer edge like a skateboard.  I've got vinyl auto trim on my Ninebot, and it helps a lot with the scuff protection.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

12 hours ago, Jerome said:

The specification that jumps out for me is operating temperature range - 104 deg F being the high. Maybe this is typical of wheels but how does that work out when the air temp is in the 90's or higher and one is climbing hills or cruising at speed for long periods of time? 

This is a question on my mind as well. What temperature are competing models claiming to be able to handle? It's hard for me to see how the others are more temperature tolerant when, from what I've seen, they seem to have so little engineering for this. Maybe Inmotion only stands out by listing a responsibly conservative figure? I'm a desert-dweller myself, so the question hits close to home. (I'm not convinced I'll desire spending much time riding during our hotter spells anyway, though.)

Did they make the swapping out of the battery any easier?  I think they had claimed that the V8 had a fast swap battery, but it ended up to be not that easy to replace unless it's on a bench?

Hey I wonder if that honeycomb rubber insert is like fatigue mat padding.  That would help with long distance rides for sure.  Are there any plans to have an optional grip tape insert instead for people who don't like the rubber?   Hmm live feed seems to be stopped?

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Are there any plans to have an optional grip tape insert instead for people who don't like the rubber?

I’m not a big fan of rubber either.    I used to be before I tried trip tape.   Also rubber can add extra weight to the wheel . I remember the first rubber inserts KS used on their 14 incher.   Damn we’re they heavy!

• Like 1

It sounds like this rubber pad has some sort of open honeycomb pattern if that's what Jeff was talking about.  Maybe it's like the rubber anti-fatigue mat that people use to stand on for long periods of time.  Some can be quite grippy even when wet.  Imagine some welcome mats that are made of rubber.  They aren't terribly slippery or else no one would use them!  We need a water splash test to see how slick they get.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this.   The z10 took too long :).   This will probably blow my mind compared to my current euc (a used 14c) anyways.    Looking forward to the large peddle and it moving my mass (88kg) up hills w/o worry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why only black though? It seems like an oversight to have one color for such an otherwise modern and "hip" marketing rollout.

Not even a white/black version? Plain black is sooo 2017, everyone's into polkadots now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1