New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

11 hours ago, houseofjob said:

What's there not to believe?

Going off @US69's estimates:

2.15Ah Samsung 22P: 44.5 g / 3560g (7.85 lbs) for 80 cells

3.2Ah LG MH1: 49g / 3920g (8.64 lbs) for 80 cells

Just a .8 lb difference.

Well as you are suggesting with those estimates the weights in the specs are not to be believed.  Whether the error is significant is another question.  I like specs to be accurate.

31 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

Why only black though? It seems like an oversight to have one color for such an otherwise modern and "hip" marketing rollout.

Not even a white/black version? Plain black is sooo 2017, everyone's into polkadots now.

It kinda looks like it's using the same outer shell from the V8, so that's probably why. I vinyl wrapped my wheel anyway. It's super cheap and protects pretty well.

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Not true actually. That hill in the referenced video above, where the KS14S overheated, the KS18S, Tesla, and ACM climbed successfully. I'm confident that the KS14S won't self-destruct on any hills, but I can easily overheat it.

We were not talking about the hill were the 14S overheated....i know that is your standard overheat test hill :-)

we were talking about the hill that you tried in the video, but which was even much steeper and the 14s even stopped and could not go further....This hill i meant with „never tried before“

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I feel really bad by making such a mistake...

Sorry guys!

Not a big deal.  I bet most people here were eyeing the V10F specifications any way.  We're enthusiasts!  We want the latest and greatest (including battery capacity!).  :innocent1:   I think everyone is glad that InMotion is still able to sell their own brand in the US and not under Solowheel with a large mark up. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, kjon12 said:

There seems to be something wrong with the width dimension of the wheel...I noticed this in the drawings from the presentation that showed the width at 58 mm, or 5.8 cm. Problem is, that translates to about 2.3 inches, less than the width of the tire. Should this rather be a 5.8" width to the wheel??

Yes you're right, the width is 158.5 mm. Sorry for the error!

1 minute ago, Bobwheel said:

To protect the pedal? Sorry I don't quite understand. 

I guess he means when the wheel falls over, the pedals and pedal mounts take the brunt of the impact. Like this 

804EED76-670F-4F1B-B319-288B99AB469C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

A bit of an extreme example, but what I think of is motorcycle frame sliders. They're positioned in a way that in a fall the sliders keep most of the bike off the ground preventing a good amount of damage. For a wheel it'd be hard to strategically place something similar without them being awkward, having a ton of them, or just covering the whole edge of certain areas with rubber or something since the wheel can bounce and roll so randomly (which is basically what the covers for, but my lights!).

Edited by ramma
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

For an example look at the Uniwheel. That has them on the bottom of the pedals and other key points. Easy to replace official protection where it is most needed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

The max speed will be lower down based on the battery level

image.png.d1d4dfeac1a9084de9f2fbb46a054d9b.png

Hey @Bobwheeldoes the V8 also degrade did like this. The manual specifies reducing at 40% but I've always felt it to be progressive from the start. Small decrements to begin but growing larger as the battery goes down. Even at empty the wheel is still pretty fast though. 

19 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Hey @Bobwheeldoes the V8 also degrade did like this. The manual specifies reducing at 40% but I've always felt it to be progressive from the start. Small decrements to begin but growing larger as the battery goes down. Even at empty the wheel is still pretty fast though. 

From what i know it is the same on the V8.....

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

I believe that is the case. I could never really figure it out on my own, but now it makes sense. I of course noticed my V8 is a bit slower on low battery, yet I was not able to pin point the exact battery level when it slowed. It definitely slows gradually.

V10F looks like winner to me. After 1500 km on V5F and 2500 km on V8 I feel ready to upgrade. For me 30 km/h seems fast enough for city driving, so this extra 10 is more like safety measure. V5 type handle is great I liked it way more than V8 handle. Apart from the usual Inmotion quality build, the biggest advantage will be double battery capacity compared to V8. I will be able to visit my grandma 42km away. The road is nice, empty, mostly through forest, few hills. Tried to make it on V8 once and I had to walk last few kilometers.

I already contacted Inmotion Czech for info on price (usually ~30% more expensive than US prices, bloody taxes) and availability. I hope they will get some wheels very soon and I will buy it immediately.

Edited by Juick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Juick said:

I already contacted Inmotion Czech for info on price (usually ~30% more expensive than US prices, bloody taxes) and availability. I hope they will get some wheels very soon and I will buy it immediately.

I actually wrote them already yesterday and this is what I got back:

Dobry den. Planujeme jak V10, tak i V10F. Ceny 34.990 (V10) ; 42.990 (V10F). Dostupnost pocitame od cervna 2018. Hezky den!

So over 2000 USD for V10F :(

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, andress said:

I actually wrote them already yesterday and this is what I got back:

Dobry den. Planujeme jak V10, tak i V10F. Ceny 34.990 (V10) ; 42.990 (V10F). Dostupnost pocitame od cervna 2018. Hezky den!

So over 2000 USD for V10F :(

The price is actually in range I expected but June seems so far away... 
Díky za info 

I’m seeing some huge price variance for the V10F, too. From the reasonable $1599 on ewheels.com, to $2013 on electricunicycles.eu to $2399 (!!!!) on speedyfeet.co.uk. I understand the dollar is down, so that makes these prices even crazier. 

Edited by Kael

13 minutes ago, Kael said:

I’m seeing some huge price variance for the V10F, too. From the reasonable $1599 on ewheels.com, to $2013 on electricunicycles.eu to $2399 (!!!!) on speedyfeet.co.uk. I understand the dollar is down, so that makes these prices even crazier. 

If you exclude VAT form the Speedfeet price it is more in line with electricunicycles.eu (not sure if they include taxes in their price) but you are right that even with taxes excluded the $400 extra over Jason's price is hard to swallow. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

If you exclude VAT form the Speedfeet price it is more in line with electricunicycles.eu (not sure if they include taxes in their price) but you are right that even with taxes excluded the $400 extra over Jason's price is hard to swallow. 

I went through to checkout on electricunicycles.eu, total including tax and shipping was £1446.71. £250 difference. I'm all for supporting UK business, but they are silly sometimes. I don't mind ponying up a bit more cash for the potential convenience, I suppose, but that's a bit much. Especially when he said £1595 in an email yesterday.

WARPed1701D, you're right that it's unfair to directly compare the ewheels price, because that doesn't include tax. So it'd be $1918 with 20% VAT.

Edited by Kael
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1