What have you been called?

Tyred

2 hours ago, Marco Stahlmann said:

The best one I got so far was:

"The Jetsons are coming" while riding with my daughter around the neighborhood

The video of the guy who set up his EUC to play the Jetsons car flying sound as he's rolling is awesome.  Might have to figure that out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dan NYC said:

I was waiting at a red light and a girl asked "Are you from the future?"  

What? This in NYC, where people have seen it all.

I came by a family guy with his toddler; he started parroting to the little one with the apparent intention to teach him a new word: "HOVERBOARD", "HOVERBOARD..." I didn't wanna set him straight because for the toddler who was of the age just learning to talk it probably wouldn't have made much difference anyway. Or the father for that matter.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 5:43 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The correct response to “That’s not fair!” and “That’s cheating!” is “You know it!” said with a grin and roll away...  :thumbup:  Embrace technology.  Just own it.  B)

It's also good to say - "Ok, let's exchange - try my wheel, I'll try your bike" :D 

• Like 3

I got yelled at by a cyclist: "That is not healthy!" while we were driving on a bike path next to the road. I keep wondering what he would scream at the drivers of the cars that were passing by. I don't ride my euc as a workout, neither did I with my bicycle. I just want to get from point A to point B. What's wrong with that?

• Like 1

Not on my EUC (I'm too new for that), but I've encountered a couple rabid bicyclists in public. They'd get angry and yell at car drivers with bikes on their roof. I think their rationale was drivers suck but if you have a bike and drive then you're a class traitor and are even worse.

27 minutes ago, Elder Meat said:

Not on my EUC (I'm too new for that), but I've encountered a couple rabid bicyclists in public. They'd get angry and yell at car drivers with bikes on their roof. I think their rationale was drivers suck but if you have a bike and drive then you're a class traitor and are even worse.

I pack my Z10 into my i3; fortunately it is not visible to the public, but I am guessing I would get double hating compared to carrying a bicycle.

3 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

I'm doing the Jetsons thing. Downloaded the .wav , editing it for looping. Awesome.

Send it over if you can once completed if you don't mind sharing.  Thinking of doing it as well.  The ultimate would be if we can connect the audio to wheel log and have the pitch change depending on speed and also stop when the wheel stops (red light etc.)

Some already mentioned here:
How much is it? (Many times)
Do a wheelie!  (Many times) Sometimes I just put my hands to the front and lift them as if I had an imaginary front wheel :P 
Are you from the future? (Once or twice)
Wow, that's so cool!
Lazy bastard!

There is a bit of everything haha.

EDIT: My 100th post! Nice! :) It took me a long time!

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I like to pretend I'm rowing a boat while i pass cyclists up some of the hills on my commute.  Usually gets a laugh.

Had one guy tell me that it "wasn't fair", i told him to try rowing this thing up a hill and see how easy it is!  Then he laughed as i left him in my dust.. :D 

• Like 1

I was riding behind a woman on bicycle and she turns her head and asks how fast does that thing go. I say 45 km/h. Pretty fast, she replies. After a while she turns her head again and says "That's a good mid body workout". I guess she referred to the balancing effort and the use of core muscles.

• Like 1