What have you been called?

Tyred

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hear "that's sick" a lot from the 'kids'. Funny.

I hear "That's dope!" :blink1:

I understand it too be a compliment although in my youth being a "dope" was a polite form of idiot. I guess it was globally considered to mean this given you had Dopey in the 7 Dwarfs and it wasn't just a British thing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I hear "That's dope!" :blink1:

I understand it too be a compliment although in my youth being a "dope" was a polite form of idiot. I guess it was globally considered to mean this given you had Dopey in the 7 Dwarfs and it wasn't just a British thing. 

today "dope" is just a slang for saying its "really cool"

so its also very common on the internet using "dope" in place of cool

so  no theyre not being mean theyre saying its cool :D so dont worry

32 minutes ago, Smoother said:

"Segue" not "segway"  Just saying. ;)  I see it spelled wrong a lot.  Which is funny because I have pretty bad spelling, myself.  Thank god for spell check. :clap3:

:facepalm: I had no idea...

I'm going to say it was an intended play on words given the forum subject matter...in which case it was quite clever. :clap3: Hooray for me!

• Like 3

I am the only EUC rider in my relatively small town. At first I got all sorts of weird looks , cars honking , people yelling ect..people are kinda used to me now and the over all census is “wow that’s so cool, how much is it?” I came across such a question while riding one night and stopped to talk to the guys , I told them they have em on amazon for $299 and let that be that. I didn’t want to make it sound too appealing to mug me. Lol . But Im trying to get my friends and colleagues to get into it but they all think I’m crazy for spending $1000 on a “toy” . 

Edited by Scott Henley
Grammar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I guess "dope" also was related to drugs and that is probably the segway it needed to become cool. :wacko:

:blink1: youre way over thinking this 

this word in its modern form has two meanings "drugs" and "cool" and are usually not connected

they just said it was cool

23 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I told them they have em on amazon for $299 and let that be that. I didn’t want to make it sound too appealing to mug me.

This is my response too. It truthfully answers the question without making yourself too much of a target. I do the same for my folding bike which cost over $3k.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

This is my response too. It truthfully answers the question without making yourself too much of a target. I do the same for my folding bike which cost over $3k.

I hate to have such a bad outlook but I’ve just seen too many thefts occur to not worry about it. Lol. I also have a very expensive bike (road bike though) , the wheels alone were $1500. I never stop to talk to strangers when riding it . ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I am the only EUC rider in my relatively small town. At first I got all sorts of weird looks , cars honking , people yelling ect..people are kinda used to me now and the over all census is “wow that’s so cool, how much is it?” I came across such a question while riding one night and stopped to talk to the guys , I told them they have em on amazon for $299 and let that be that. I didn’t want to make it sound too appealing to mug me. Lol . But Im trying to get my friends and colleagues to get into it but they all think I’m crazy for spending $1000 on a “toy” . 

And that's probably a reason that our demographic leans 'old'. Old people have much more disposable income for expensive 'toys' :thumbup:   Although I won't let strangers attempt to ride my wheels I will let them pick it up. When you lift one of our wheels I think you are immediately impressed with the weight and solidity of them. They feel like real machines that mean business.

I've actually been wondering about that because, like I told the guys I rode with over the weekend, I'm sort of the interface between the EUC'ers in Portland and the OneWheelers because I'm not either or. I'm both. What I've noticed on forums and groups on both sides is that EUC'ers (in America) tend to be around mid 40's to 60's. Polls on the big OneWheel forums and groups (because they wonder too) show that they are early to mid 30's to late 40's. There are a few anomalies but what I don't see too much on either side is someone in their early 20's with either.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I hate to have such a bad outlook but I’ve just seen too many thefts occur to not worry about it. Lol. I also have a very expensive bike (road bike though) , the wheels alone were $1500. I never stop to talk to strangers when riding it . ?

agree one time i remember day 1 i got my tesla i went out one last ride about midnight and that was my ride where i learned to ride it without feeling like falling all the time

and then i encountered a group of street kids a drove past them they said: can i try? and i remembered i said just like a flat "NO" while i drove by 

it was like this instant reacting like when something gets so expensive... 

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

it was like this instant reacting like when something gets so expensive... 

Exactly , it’s like an automatic response. I plan on taking my 14D to the park with me after I get my next wheel to allow people to try it out . I would really like to have more EUC riders around town ..as of now I’m the only one . So I think maybe being friendly and teaching a few people how to ride might provoke some of my neighbors and friends to buy one . I figure there’s little risk in that (I’ll pad the crap out of it before hand ) You can never be too careful though . Lots of bad people in the world . 

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

agree one time i remember day 1 i got my tesla i went out one last ride about midnight and that was my ride where i learned to ride it without feeling like falling all the time

and then i encountered a group of street kids a drove past them they said: can i try? and i remembered i said just like a flat "NO" while i drove by  

Kids/people will say that they know how to ride a hoverboard, and so of course they can ride the EUC. While I personally believe riding a hoverboard helps immensely for learning to ride an EUC, it still won't prevent the learner from bashing the hell out of your EUC.

To see the best reactions, follow some distance behind another EUC rider. People's reactions are hilarious.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Kids/people will say that they know how to ride a hoverboard, and so of course they can ride the EUC. While I personally believe riding a hoverboard helps immensely for learning to ride an EUC, it still won't prevent the learner from bashing the hell out of your EUC.

To see the best reactions, follow some distance behind another EUC rider. People's reactions are hilarious.

yeah one guy on my scool called it a "motor bike" and said he rode a "motor bike" before so he would know this one easily same goes with hoverboards people think they can ride it because they ride something else

problem is they take it to a thing they can hold on to and think this is not so hard and most people firstly realise that it is way too hard for them until they push off and.. fall and euc jumps up and down

i tried this once and it was my freind and i let him tell the tale to the others and then i dont have to let other try. perfect :D'

but there are still a lot of people i daily have to give a no

27 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

yeah one guy on my scool called it a "motor bike" and said he rode a "motor bike" before so he would know this one easily same goes with hoverboards people think they can ride it because they ride something else

problem is they take it to a thing they can hold on to and think this is not so hard and most people firstly realise that it is way too hard for them until they push off and.. fall and euc jumps up and down

i tried this once and it was my freind and i let him tell the tale to the others and then i dont have to let other try. perfect :D'

but there are still a lot of people i daily have to give a no

I was kind of the same way . I moved to EUC from Segway mini pro . The minipro just wasn’t fun anymore and since I was using it to commute it quickly just became annoying . When I got my 14d I thought “ well riding the Segway should help me learn a bit faster “ man was I wrong . First night I had it was very discouraging. I felt like I’d never get it . After I could stay on and keep my balance I still had a ways to go because I needed something to hold on to while mounting and dismounting. . It took a solid week before I learned to “kick start “ without having to brace myself against something . It really does look easy watching someone ride ...learning is a whole different ball game ! 

Edited by Scott Henley
Grammar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I was kind of the same way . I moved to EUC from Segway mini pro . The minipro just wasn’t fun anymore and since I was using it to commute it quickly just became annoying . When I got my 14d I thought “ well riding the Segway should help me learn a bit faster “ man was I wrong . First night I had it was very discouraging. I felt like I’d never get it . After I could stay on and keep my balance I still had a ways to go because I needed something to hold on to while mounting and dismounting. . It took a solid week before I learned to “kick start “ without having to brace myself against something . It really does look easy watching someone ride ...learning is a whole different ball game ! 

i learned it in one day

i used an hour when i just got it found a wall and then i pushed myself away from that wall and fell off countless times..

but it worked. later that.. night

and damn me also coming from a mini pro it feels like a blessing how about you? did you feel like you were "blessed"? :D

1 minute ago, Shad0z said:

i learned it in one day

i used an hour when i just got it found a wall and then i pushed myself away from that wall and fell off countless times..

but it worked. later that.. night

and damn me also coming from a mini pro it feels like a blessing how about you? did you feel like you were "blessed"? :D

Oh man. The difference was unreal ! That fist night was rainy so I was trying in my hallway. It was really frustrating. Next day I carried it to work (on the Segway ?) and after work I stayed in our parkinglot til after dark ...going from building to building (30-40ft) until I could stay on. Left the MP there and rode the EUC Home . But I still needed to hold something to start and stop . That skill came a few days later but after day 2 I was commuting on it . Figured it was the only way to learn ...ride daily . But yeah the minipro is a kids toy in comparison! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Oh man. The difference was unreal ! That fist night was rainy so I was trying in my hallway. It was really frustrating. Next day I carried it to work (on the Segway ?) and after work I stayed in our parkinglot til after dark ...going from building to building (30-40ft) until I could stay on. Left the MP there and rode the EUC Home . But I still needed to hold something to start and stop . That skill came a few days later but after day 2 I was commuting on it . Figured it was the only way to learn ...ride daily . But yeah the minipro is a kids toy in comparison! 

kids toy is pretty much how i would describe it in comparison... the mini pro actually felt fast. juust until.. old ladies on bikes pedal past you... :wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

kids toy is pretty much how i would describe it in comparison... the mini pro actually felt fast. juust until.. old ladies on bikes pedal past you... :wacko:

Lol. Yeah pretty much , and until you hit 10mph and it jolted you back beeping hysterically until you slowed down to 9mph. I liked it ...for about a week . The I discovered the world of EUC ! It was life changing! ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Lol. Yeah pretty much , and until you hit 10mph and it jolted you back beeping hysterically until you slowed down to 9mph. I liked it ...for about a week . The I discovered the world of EUC ! It was life changing! ?

i liked it for about a week too

the rest was 2 months of me lying to myself that it was fast while trying to look away when seeing old ladies on bikes pass me and nobody really thought it looked cool...

and then i learned about eucs like you.. but i had around 100 dollars in my budget for stuff i want so.. i waited 3 months and now finally i was relieved like you ;)

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i liked it for about a week too

the rest was 2 months of me lying to myself that it was fast while trying to look away when seeing old ladies on bikes pass me and nobody really thought it looked cool...

and then i learned about eucs like you.. but i had around 100 dollars in my budget for stuff i want so.. i waited 3 months and now finally i was relieved like you ;)

That was my number one complaint . With 800w of motor power it should be capable of say...15.5mph. That extra 5mph would make all the difference and I’d probably still use it if the firmware was tweaked to allow this . Not being able to keep up with cycle traffic and barely out pacing a jogger just makes the minopro a bit of a lame duck . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

That was my number one complaint . With 800w of motor power it should be capable of say...15.5mph. That extra 5mph would make all the difference and I’d probably still use it if the firmware was tweaked to allow this . Not being able to keep up with cycle traffic and barely out pacing a jogger just makes the minopro a bit of a lame duck . 

exactly! if it just was faster... and its even worse at under 50% power with its lame "automatic lowered speed"

ughh there you cant even hit consistent 8-9 mph... and it gets worse and worse...

i mean its 800w  just  wasted...