What have you been called?

Tyred

I haven't had my balance tested by a kicking yet (touch wood).

But I do get told a lot that I must have "really really good balance." Which seems quite odd, now that wheeling comes naturally...

Glad to hear you took the high road.  Good on you.  Those people were jerks, and there's no shortage of them in this world unfortunately.  Someone recently punched me, and I was very angry - enough to get into a fist fight with them.  Luckily the person backed down and retreated as I'm not sure how it would have ended as I was pretty furious. I'm a pretty laid back guy and not violent, but if someone takes a swipe at me I'm full on ready to fight back and defend myself.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Glad to hear you took the high road.  Good on you.  Those people were jerks, and there's no shortage of them in this world unfortunately.  Someone recently punched me, and I was very angry - enough to get into a fist fight with them.  Luckily the person backed down and retreated as I'm not sure how it would have ended as I was pretty furious. I'm a pretty laid back guy and not violent, but if someone takes a swipe at me I'm full on ready to fight back and defend myself.

Thanks. Yes i am like that too, very nice and peacefull but when someone is coming at me for no reason i can get pretty feisty. But it was a girl, she was drunk, her judgement was impaited and it was not personal, so i let it go.  Think we can all set a good example which will be carried over from person to person and it the end, the world will be a better place

• Upvote 3

"My dog doesn't like those"

After being attacked from a dog without a  leash so I had to stop or crash with the dog.

No apology, no nothing.

Got to love dog owners with their heads in the clouds.

The thing I hate most though is the constant looks, stares, photos, hidden videos which they don't think I see and questions that everybody think they have the right to ask, like I have all the time in the world or want to answer.

It was fun at first (20 times) but at least people can say "Excuse me?" before going on a question spree?

Is it really that strange to ride a EU?

Edited by Xima Lhotz

Yeah same here, it is irritating that people shout a question out to you as you pass without saying excuse me or something, and think you are supposed to stop and give them a full report of whatever they want to know, and once they are done satisfying their momentary burst of curiosity you are supposed to be dismissed as they have no interest in cntinuing to talk. Hate those

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Is it really that strange to ride a EU?

Yes. Yes, it is (still) strange to see someone riding an EU! 

I have just got back from a trip that included Tel Aviv, where almost everyone is zipping about on electric bicycles. But for the (literally) hundreds of these everywhere you look, I only saw one EU. Which I find odd, as the weather and flatness there would make wheeling most enjoyable.

But then it also makes sense... So many people think "inside" the box. Or rather they don't think, they only understand what they already know - so while a bicycle makes sense to the masses, an unicycle doesn't (quite).

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes. Yes, it is (still) strange to see someone riding an EU! 

I have just got back from a trip that included Tel Aviv, where almost everyone is zipping about on electric bicycles. But for the (literally) hundreds of these everywhere you look, I only saw one EU. Which I find odd, as the weather and flatness there would make wheeling most enjoyable.

But then it also makes sense... So many people think "inside" the box. Or rather they don't think, they only understand what they already know - so while a bicycle makes sense to the masses, an unicycle doesn't (quite).

If I remember right, electric unicycles are not allowed in Israel and it's a big problem to even get one there.

13 minutes ago, alon av said:

Hi

We can't Import EUC to Israel, as from April there is a ninebot dealer but it cost here about twice then electric bicycle so euc's are very rare.

If you order by mail you will never receive it. It will be demolished by customs

I brought mine in my wife suitcase hoping that she is less pron to being stopped then me, luckily we passed customs :)      

The customs bit sucks, but I understand about the pricing - things can get quite expensive by the time they get to NZ too.

And if they're that rare in Israel, does that mean it was you I saw on 30 March, wheeling up Ha-Yarkon Street (just below the Hilton Tel Aviv)?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The customs bit sucks, but I understand about the pricing - things can get quite expensive by the time they get to NZ too.

And if they're that rare in Israel, does that mean it was you I saw on 30 March, wheeling up Ha-Yarkon Street (just below the Hilton Tel Aviv)?

No :) it wasn't me, I live in haifa and you should have come to say hi . 

I have gave mine  a total new design and look, about to start a new thread with pictures in mods forum soon.

8 minutes ago, alon av said:

No :) it wasn't me, I live in haifa and you should have come to say hi . 

I have gave mine  a total new design and look, about to start a new thread with pictures in mods forum soon.

I should have - and I don't know why I didn't join the EUC forum sooner, but now I am reading posts from Israel, New York, Oregon and Texas wishing I had been more uni-lectric with my free time on that trip. 

Looking forward to see your mod details and photos too.  

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

Here in San Francisco, many people are so darn cool they hardly bat an eye. Others are so perplexed they can barely keep walking/driving/jogging, often unsafely.

And some, of course, can hardly contain their "praise": 

"Idiot!"

"Fool!"

"That thing is worse than a hoverboard!"

Lately, many people's favorite has been : " how much exercise do you think you are getting??!! " some say " cheater"! Or "get a bike"!

Isnt it amazing how perception is reality? The reality depends on what you compare too, right? In comparison with a bicycle, a euc rider doesnt get much exercise. But im not gonna stop and explain to these people that i ride the wheel instead of taking the train. So, freaking yes, i am getting more exercise. I mean, do you come up to every car driver and blame them for not getting exercise? Driving a car is ok in terms of exercise and riding a wheel is not? Besides, sometimes people just do things for fun

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

I think @Jurgen refers to alpine skiing since there is not much exercise and mechanical assistance is needed to get on top. But they still call it a "sport"?

Yep, not a native speaker of this fine language, when typing too fast some typo errors slip in......

20 hours ago, Jurgen said:

Yep, not a native speaker of this fine language, when typing too fast some typo errors slip in......

Chess is considered a sport too and the only thing exercised there is the brain

52 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Chess is considered a sport too and the only thing exercised there is the brain

Darts is a sport too...

But then that does exercise both the throwing arm and the drinking arm.