What have you been called?

Tyred

8 hours ago, Ziiten said:

I was riding behind a woman on bicycle and she turns her head and asks how fast does that thing go. I say 45 km/h. Pretty fast, she replies. After a while she turns her head again and says "That's a good mid body workout". I guess she referred to the balancing effort and the use of core muscles.

I've been told the same, "core body workout", I always say, not really, it is like standing, but look, i'm not sure to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

I've been told the same, "core body workout", I always say, not really, it is like standing, but look, i'm not sure to be honest.

if you go off road it really is a work out tbh I've done many off road and felt it in the morning on legs, calves,core etc??

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Worst: a group of guys watched me riding towards them, but from across the street, for what was easily a block. Clearly curious. Necks craned, all eyes on, the works. But waited until I was half a block passed them to scream "GET THE F**K BACK HERE! I WANNA SEE THAT F***ING THING!!" And some various other expletives after I only gave the barest of glances over my shoulder and speed off at 20 mph. 
Just COMPLETELY uncalled for. I'd have been happy to stop and talk/show it off if there had been some civility and courtesy in the request....

Best: loads of that's awesome/cool/crazy or any others to the that extent.
Just this evening I was called over by about the most polite kid on the last leg of my ride going through the college campus. "Sorry, but what is that thing, sir? (I'm only 35 and get constantly carded at liquor stores, come on! Lol)." "If I could ask what is that? Would you mind if I try it, sorry for asking." I let him try and held him up so he could get a feel for it. Gave him name of the wheel, prices, all that good stuff. Even pointed him towards ewheels.com. Hopefully have another wheeler out there soon!

• Like 2

There were three drunk men sitting on a park bench when I rode by (in the city of Kotka, Finland). They looked at each other, then looked at the whiskey bottle and started laughing loudly :w00t2:. Next the bottle went a round again and they seemed to be happy with the liquid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flyboy10 said:

The dumbest one I got was, "that's pretty cool but it still looks silly, I'm sorry."

Some people are just priceless

Most often: "How much is that thing?"

Pretty often: "Is it hard to ride?"

Most silly: "Chariot"

Best: Couple of kids on bikes noticed me approaching on a EUC. One of them said to the others, pointing at me "Look, that's silly" Then, 5 sec later, same guy: "...Maybe not that silly..."

• 2 years later...

OK, I've heard of Robo Duck, Gizmo Duck, Power Ranger, Robo Cop, Storm Trooper and Iron Man but yesterday was a new one for me.

I was at a park where there happened to be an Indian family having a party/get together of some sort, when all of a sudden I hear some kids saying " Whoa!! He looks like a Bollywood Super Hero!!" :efee6b18f3:

tumblr_msgyy0q4Zq1sgeqxco1_400.gif

12 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Cop, everyone thinks I’m a cop. The yellow vest and flip up helmet?
robocop is something else I’ve been called. 

use the blinking lights on the front of the sherm and start issuing tickets! If i were mistaken for a cop on a regular basis, I would be changing outfits pretty fast. Can I offer you a darling little pink tutu thats gently used? B)

• Like 1

My mom calls me "the wheel", partly as a joke. A well known loser at my school once called me a dirty word that starts with f and ends with t and rhymes with not. That was when I was on my slower wheel and he was in a car with a bunch of friends. Interestingly enough he didn't say anything later when I bumped into him on the sidewalk with none of his friends around, probably jealous and insecure...

A lot of people just say "cool", "wow", "that's sick", or they just gape. Once a little kid (probably like 5 or 6) in a parking lot told his mom "mom, I want an electric suitcase too", that made my day. He clearly wasn't making fun of it, that was just what he described it as. On a slightly different note, a kid my age once thought I could just recharge the RS with a powerbank (like the ones you use for phones) :facepalm:, I don't blame him but it was kind of funny.

Edited by Menace
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2016 at 6:19 PM, davek said:

'U2 pilot' is a good name. Although it's a tail dragger, he has to land on it's single main gear.

U2 needs to get main gear about 2 feet above the runway, then stall and land tail gear first. A person in a chase car calls out how high the main gear is, since the late 1950's, a crude sort of radar altimeter: If the U2 is stalled with the main gear more than 3 feet above runway, damage will occur.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

use the blinking lights on the front of the sherm and start issuing tickets! If i were mistaken for a cop on a regular basis, I would be changing outfits pretty fast. Can I offer you a darling little pink tutu thats gently used? B)

The Yellow vest is likely key. I saw an SUV hit a pedestrian the other day, so the vest stays. I wear LEDs on my wrists (red to the back, white to the front)

I'm a bit color coordinated with  black BMX pads, black shin guards, black tactical boots,  and a black helmet.  

• Like 1

"BC's Quest For Tires - wheel guy" - I felt a bit like the game, went on a bike trail where I had to duck under a couple of low hanging tree leaves over the trail. At least they weren't branches waiting to clothesline some unsuspecting rider.

bcq1.jpg

bcq2.jpg

Edited by rcgldr