What have you been called?

Tyred

Since I got my faster wheel, the intensity of pedestrian cheers has grown exponentially! People used to go crazy with my other wheels, but now they absolutely loose their minds when I blow past them at 20 mph! People lose their shit! I feel like a celebrity in public.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Since I got my faster wheel, the intensity of pedestrian cheers has grown exponentially! People used to go crazy with my other wheels, but now they absolutely loose their minds when I blow past them at 20 mph! People lose their shit! I feel like a celebrity in public.

Join the club pal. I find it very theraputical to get a celebrity treatment for an hour after a stressfull date in the office. It is vanity of course, but sure is a nice feeling - helps your self esteem a lot. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

Join the club pal. I find it very theraputical to get a celebrity treatment for an hour after a stressfull date in the office. It is vanity of course, but sure is a nice feeling - helps your self esteem a lot. 

I don't know if I could say I achieve celebrity-level status (but then that is how things are in New Zealand ). It does however help me stand out from the crowd, and my EUC starts conversations on a daily basis. 

Now I just need to find a women's beach volleyball team to glide past...

• Upvote 1

Last year comments in Brussels were like

"Heeey what is thaaat" ?

But now people know what it is, so questions are more specific

"Is it easy to learn" ?
"How much does it cost" ?

Also there are more rules like

"Sorry sir, it's not allowed to ride this inside the shopping gallery" :D

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I don't know if I could say I achieve celebrity-level status (but then that is how things are in New Zealand ). It does however help me stand out from the crowd, and my EUC starts conversations on a daily basis. 

Now I just need to find a women's beach volleyball team to glide past...

And when you find that team, dont forget to bring business card that say : unicycle riding lessons. Women only. Call me.

• Upvote 1

ha ha so we have had all the usual comments,

back to future,  robocop, are you from the future, wow whats that! etc etc

last nights comment was.................  Are you Jesus??  hahaha  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, WeeJ said:

ha ha so we have had all the usual comments,

back to future,  robocop, are you from the future, wow whats that! etc etc

last nights comment was.................  Are you Jesus??  hahaha  

I wish people would ask me the right questions, like they asked you last night . I actually consider myself a minor god when i am on a wheel :) i may not be actually levitating like some gods but i sure do work in mysterious ways.

• Upvote 1

Oh also some wee boys asked where you buy them, because Lewis Hamilton has one!

I said oh we bought it from Lewis Hamilton! :P

:o  "Did yi actual" was the reply (did you actually/really)

he he he oh I am cruel to wind the kids up!  :D

• Upvote 2

My weirdest encounter this far was probably a muslim woman with her kids (I'd say they are part of the recent refugee crisis). She shielded her kids in a hurry when I wheeled closer and past them. Maybe to shield her kids from evil western influences, dunno. 

Some said; "That must be impossible hard to drive". Some just look with gaping mouth and manage to say only "what..."

Kids are the best: "MOM, MOM! DAD DAD! Look at that! that's so coooooooool!!" :D

Most encounters with are just wide smiles. I'm still wodering if the smiles are like "you're crazy" or something more positive, but it's nice to see smiling passerbys anyway :)

• Upvote 2

I ordered two pairs of "Steampunk" goggles that are modified to have real sunglass lenses (so I'll actually be able to see thru them). I'll start wearing those and blasting some Dubstep music while I ride my King Song godcycle. B)

Edited by edwin_rm
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, edwin_rm said:

I ordered two pairs of "Steampunk" goggles...

I tried wearing some that I had - unfortunately, they cut my peripheral vision of totally. Could not see side to side at all. I don't them, but of course, your mileage may vary! ?

Just now, dbfrese said:

I tried wearing some that I had - unfortunately, they cut my peripheral vision of totally. Could not see side to side at all. I don't them, but of course, your mileage may vary! ?

They are for show. You know, to impress the ladies ;) During isolated riding I'll just wear them over the head.

• Upvote 1

On May 15, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Cloud said:

Yeah, i know, this had never happened before. She was with a guy and i think she was a bit drunk. She probably wanted to see if i fall of the wheel or not. Its like a knee jerk reaction from some people, you pass them buy and before they have time to think it thru, they yell real loud at you or otherwise try ti scare you to see if you fall. She had no better idea than to kick my leg as i was passing them by. I was able to stay on the wheel, went ahead another 20 ft, stopped, and looked back - they were standing there looking at me. I wasnt sure if it was the guy or the girl who kicked me, i looked at them and figured it was the girl. She looked a bit drunk, i had been in a oretty good mood that day, in my zone listening to music coming from the wheel, so i didnt feel very confrontational, just shook my had and continued riding. If i had thought this was the guy, or if the girl wasnt drunk, i would have rolled back and had a fight with them. But since there was no harm done, i decided to turn the other cheek and left.

Oh I would have been pissed. I am still looking for the ATV on my lake that ran me off the road last week. Hopefully I have your restraint.

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Oh I would have been pissed. I am still looking for the ATV on my lake that ran me off the road last week. Hopefully I have your restraint.

If i had figured it was a guy who did it, id be super pissed. But it was a girl so what am I going to do? Sometimes moving object invoke involuntary reactions on the instinct level - like some dogs feel compelled to chase another small animal running by. People are animals and they have these impulses too. Sometimes you just have to kick something flying by you. Lol. Being brought up in a society with an established culture helps us supress these impulses and work out a behavioral code. But alcohol lifts these supressions and allows us to be more in touch with our animal instincts.

also it all depends on the current mood. I was in a very peaceful benign state of mind and deep in the music . Maybe if it was on a different day i would have reacted differently.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually try to avoid people. Some are cool and give you the thumbs up or say something positive. But so many people annoy me with the things they say. Rudely telling you to come here. Or demanding that you stop so that they can look at it. Its the tone more than anything. Its honestly kind of dangerous where I live so I just keep flying by. Imma get a shirt made made saying" I stop for Hot Chicks Only!!!" I live in America. These are probably the people voting for Trump. LOL

Edited by tadrossi
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, tadrossi said:

I actually try to avoid people. Some are cool and give you the thumbs up or say something positive. But so many people annoy me with the things they say. Rudely telling you to come here. Or demanding that you stop so that they can look at it. Its the tone more than anything. Its honestly kind of dangerous where I live so I just keep flying by. Imma get a shirt made made saying" I stop for Hot Chicks Only!!!" I live in America. These are probably the people voting for Trump. LOL

I dont stop for people with rude remarks or those who say stuff like  "yo, how much". The worst is if you do stop and talk to them, they ask a coupke of questions, then lose interest and drop you flat.

If i get to interact with them i dont fail to mention that my name is not yo, my name is "excuse me, sir". 

I do stop for the few polite ones who address me with respect

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I do stop for the few polite ones who address me with respect

Same here, I don't bother to stop at all for rude requests.

If asked directly "How much", I usually mock them with: "Whatever you want...5 bucks, just got to find it ;)"

But I pay more attention on the small kids...they are natural, eyes wide opened :)...yesterday a Russian small girl said to her mother: "Мама, ето космическое" (Mom, this one is from the space) :D

Edited by DS
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DS said:

Same here, I don't bother to stop at all for rude requests.

If asked directly "How much", I usually mock them with: "Whatever you want...5 bucks, just got to find it ;)"

But I pay more attention on the small kids...they are natural, eyes wide opened :)...yesterday a Russian small girl said to her mother: "Мама, ето космическое" (Mom, this one is from the space) :D

Lol, i am usually too fast to be able to respond back to rude ones as i pass them.

The kids natural reaction is priceless. You should learn some russian so you can communicate with them. Next time tell them " да, я пришелец из космоса" ( yes, i am an alien)

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

You should learn some russian so you can communicate with them.

I understand Russian...но не вьиходит (can not speak)

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

да, я пришелец из космоса"

Remembered that :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

You should learn some russian so you can communicate with them. Next time tell them " да, я пришелец из космоса" ( yes, i am an alien)

If you're going to claim to be an alien, shouldn't you learn to say that in Klingon (or something similar)?

• Upvote 1

@DS @Cloud Totally agree that young kids are priceless. The expression on their faces just lights up my day! I see a lot of children in powered wheelchairs and sometimes will meet them outside my office in the parking lot and do a quick little run. They just love it!

• Upvote 2