What have you been called?

Tyred

2 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I even pulled up next to a harley last night at a stop sign and yelled over "Too many wheels bro!" and he like got all mad and burned out and mighta said "Fuck you" to me. 

Could have been worse!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

Lol..today at the park a bunch of younger kids staring at me going by..

Some cute kids live in some of the areas where I ride. If they happen to be outside, they always call loudly, "hi!" I always wave and call back, "hi!" These are mostly pre-school age, a few as old as middle school. About 3 kids with bikes like to ride over to me and ask questions.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Some cute kids live in some of the areas where I ride. If they happen to be outside, they always call loudly, "hi!" I always wave and call back, "hi!" These are mostly pre-school age, a few as old as middle school. About 3 kids with bikes like to ride over to me and ask questions.

Commuting home early one afternoon I padded a primary (elementary) school just after the kids had been let out for the day... There was a chorus of a amazed gasps and then I realised I had a flock of excited 6-10 year olds running along behind me!

Such a shame thier little legs couldn't keep up with my 25km/h (15mph) pace...

Unlike @Rehab1, I won my race convincingly!!!

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

i saw a car stopping. then they rolled down the window and said: wow its so awesome!  :o

and then they asked me how much it cost i told 1400 dollar.

and they looked amazed and thought oh that it didnt cost as much as a house :D

post your fun reactions people had to your euc :clap3:

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

If you tell enough people how much it is worthy, eventually one of them will take it from you.  Just say" they start around $300" and leave it at that.  Out on the street alone is not the place to be letting strangers know you would make a good mugging target.  And Yes, You may be able to wheel away this time, but when they see you again, they won't warn you.

It depends on the situation the drive by here was near a train station far from where i live and there was a lot of other people so they couldn't take it and i will very likely never see them again but usually if it's pedestrians i tell them its about 300 as you said

i usually look at the situation and decide if i tell the full price or the lie 

Edited by Shad0z

If i get talking to people about it i always make sure to tell them not to get a cheap shit £200 one from ebay. Cheap = potentially dangerous

Once i was crossing an intersection and a woman stopped and wound down her window asking "what is that" ... holding up all the traffic behind her, she just didn't care...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Yesterday I was called "Jesus Christ".

OK. Maybe not. But that was the exclamation from a grumpy old woman as I passed her. She was walking her dog in the street (no sidewalk so I forgive her that) but rather than hug the curb she walked in the middle of the right hand lane (direction of travel). Her dog was another 3 feet out in the street practically on the yellow line. Parked on the other side of the street was a honking great F150 truck (the bastard always parks there despite being on the inside of a bend and the fact he has not one but TWO huge driveways) and this is all on a stretch of road that is bending to the left with reduced visibility. I gave her so much room (>5 feet between me and the dog, about > 8 between me and her) I almost hit the mirror on the parked truck and slowed from 17mph to about 12mph but it wasn't enough for her. When I stopped to ask her if there was a problem, if she was ok and to tell her that despite my gliding appearance I was not the messiah she ripped into me something chronic (clearly she knew I was not Jesus).

Apparently I scared her and I was an overgrown boy riding around on "that thing". I tried to ask if I would have been more manly and therefore agreeable to her had I been driving one of the many 6 foot high raised pickup trucks that frequent the area (which would have incidentally run over the dog) rather than an ecologically conscious electric unicycle but she didn't give me a proper answer. She also failed to acknowledge that she habitually walks her dog in the middle of the road (she has pissed me off many days before this but I have never given her any grief about it) and that she did not follow the common sense rule of walking in the road, being that one should walk on the side of the street that put her facing the traffic so she knew what was coming and may hit her. After a short too and fro I advised her she was grumpy and had a bad attitude. With a Jedi wave of my hand I told her to go home and rethink her life before riding off round the bend.

Silly old cow.

there was once i was behind an old lady on a bike she was probably driving at about 5mph (outragerously slow)

the bike path could have Around 3 bikes besides each other there was a ton of room

but she decided to drive from side to side and take up all the room then i kindly asked: Can you please move to the side.

no reaction

well i tried again...

and again..

then i shouted to hear 

and she moved to the side finally

then when i passed her.

i hear something like this: "you could have asked me nicely!"

and then when i was little distance away from her

"idiot" i heard...

there are to types of old women:

Old grumpy hates everything new and doesn't care

and peaceful old ladies

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was stopped at a light and this girl in a car started yelling at me, "I love you! That's awesome! Hey, I love you!" It continued for about 2 minutes before she got to "what is that?". I've also been yelled at for "doing something illegal". "That's awesome!" Is a common one. Or, "drive that thing over here." I never listen to those. I figure they might try to fight me for it, which wouldn't go well for the first three or so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, outcast00096 said:

I was stopped at a light and this girl in a car started yelling at me, "I love you! That's awesome! Hey, I love you!" It continued for about 2 minutes before she got to "what is that?". I've also been yelled at for "doing something illegal". "That's awesome!" Is a common one. Or, "drive that thing over here." I never listen to those. I figure they might try to fight me for it, which wouldn't go well for the first three or so.

i have definely heard people say its illegal

then i say no its fully legal

and they say "yeah right. Whatever"

11 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i have definely heard people say its illegal

then i say no its fully legal

and they say "yeah right. Whatever"

I've stopped a few times when people shout that to me, and show them the statute of my city. No effect. You cannot convince college educated white people that something is legal by showing them the law when they think it is illegal, one might as well as try to convince rural people climate change is man made.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I ride with headphones and music, so I either don't hear what people say or choose to ignore it as if I didn't hear it.  But Saturday I wheeled passed a group of teenagers and even over the music I heard a very large cheer.  I passed them again on Sunday (they hang out at a certain spot).  This time I was wheeling slowly as I had been talking to my "walking" partner.  Later she told me she heard one of them say "there he is again. That's sick"

If I see someone with genuine interest/curiosity I stop and have a chat (I'm in no hurry).  At Eastbourne seafront, a well dressed old man sitting on a bench saw me do a 360 near by.  He was a proper old-school gentleman, suite, tie, hat, the whole nine yards. Over the music, I heard him behind me say "hello".  I wheeled around and sat down on the bench with him.  We had a good chat about how the wheel worked.  He was down from London for the day.  He was alone so I assumed his wife had died.  Anyway another oldish couple came over and joined the conversation.  After a while I said my goodbyes leaving them deep in a conversation about theology.  I'd like to think that my EUC conversation starter, helped make his day by the sea more enjoyable.

i definetly get my social skills trained when i ride it  :D

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

I ride with headphones and music, so I either don't hear what people say or choose to ignore it as if I didn't hear it.  But Saturday I wheeled passed a group of teenagers and even over the music I heard a very large cheer.  I passed them again on Sunday (they hang out at a certain spot).  This time I was wheeling slowly as I had been talking to my "walking" partner.  Later she told me she heard one of them say "there he is again. That's sick"

If I see someone with genuine interest/curiosity I stop and have a chat (I'm in no hurry).  At Eastbourne seafront, a well dressed old man sitting on a bench saw me do a 360 near by.  He was a proper old-school gentleman, suite, tie, hat, the whole nine yards. Over the music, I heard him behind me say "hello".  I wheeled around and sat down on the bench with him.  We had a good chat about how the wheel worked.  He was down from London for the day.  He was alone so I assumed his wife had died.  Anyway another oldish couple came over and joined the conversation.  After a while I said my goodbyes leaving them deep in a conversation about theology.  I'd like to think that my EUC conversation starter, helped make his day by the sea more enjoyable.

I hear "that's sick" a lot from the 'kids'. Funny.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1