What have you been called?

Tyred

On 1/31/2018 at 11:53 AM, outcast00096 said:

I've actually been wondering about that because, like I told the guys I rode with over the weekend, I'm sort of the interface between the EUC'ers in Portland and the OneWheelers because I'm not either or. I'm both. What I've noticed on forums and groups on both sides is that EUC'ers (in America) tend to be around mid 40's to 60's. Polls on the big OneWheel forums and groups (because they wonder too) show that they are early to mid 30's to late 40's. There are a few anomalies but what I don't see too much on either side is someone in their early 20's with either.  

Just saw this . Very late to discussion here . But as you know I’m 29.so I guess I’m a bit of an oddity. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am no longer human when I am riding my EUC becasue I call everyone else earthlings. They react :00.

Another time, a kid running after me because he thought I was someone like superman. Finally, he caught up to me standing in front me with his mouth wild open in awe....speechless! What's next, now he's face-to-face with his god/idol, superman...?

Edited by scubadragosan
  • Like 2

Two days ago I was riding up a hill on my Mten3. I heard what sounded like a balloon exploded very loudly. It freaked me out then I heard, "I love your bike." I started laughing because the first part was some lady having some kind of weird excitement screech followed by, "I love your bike." It would be funnier if it didn't make me want to pee my pants. LOL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, outcast00096 said:

Two days ago I was riding up a hill on my Mten3. I heard what sounded like a balloon exploded very loudly. It freaked me out then I heard, "I love your bike." I started laughing because the first part was some lady having some kind of weird excitement screech followed by, "I love your bike." It would be funnier if it didn't make me want to pee my pants. LOL

I tired something like that.. People screaming 

a drove past a guy at low speed and i almost shit my pants he tapped me on the shoulder. I looked back 

and he screamed

"aww man thats sick"

he scared me real good when i got tapped on my shoulder. Not something you see everyday :D

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Had this last ride. Going 30 along a road within the city limits, a car was overtaking me, and a kid suddenly SCREAMED his lungs out from out of the window right when going by, like 1m distance. Didn't understand it, but he was clearly exited. Luckily, I was too flabbergasted to be even shocked and twitch and possibly fall.

Though an unexpected tap on the shoulder WHILE RIDING is a level above that, wow:D

• Like 1

On ‎31‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:18 PM, Shad0z said:

...and damn me also coming from a mini pro it feels like a blessing how about you? did you feel like you were "blessed"? :D

On ‎31‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Scott Henley said:

...I was kind of the same way . I moved to EUC from Segway mini pro . The minipro just wasn’t fun anymore and since I was using it to commute it quickly just became annoying ...

Oh, come on guys!

MiniPro's and EUC's are just different kind of joys. I've got my EUC and learned to ride it even before I pre-ordered my first Minipro. Later on I bought two more of them and I still ride them and find them perfectly alright for leisure driving.

Edited by Vik's
quotes

2 hours ago, Vik's said:

Oh, come on guys!

MiniPro's and EUC's are just different kind of joys. I've got my EUC and learned to ride it even before I pre-ordered my first Minipro. Later on I bought two more of them and I still ride them and find them perfectly alright for leisure driving.

i cant stand the mini pro it was fun for a week then it got sooo boring

i could see it fitting uses for some poeple

but not mine

15 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i cant stand the mini pro it was fun for a week then it got sooo boring

i could see it fitting uses for some poeple

but not mine

Well, to each his own.

I guess getting the minipro after the EUC doesn't trigger false expectations.

But anyway, the minipro is the vehicle that got many into this balancing/EUC-hobby ;)

• Like 2

Today some people pointed at me and said, "Look, there's Robocop". Of course I was wearing my Covert helmet at the time :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Today some people pointed at me and said, "Look, there's Robocop". Of course I was wearing my Covert helmet at the time :)

Surely meant "Roboduck" (Gizmoduck) ;)

ben-mordue-gizmoduck.jpg?1441086353

There I fixed it!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

"he's not THE STIG, he's THE STIG's west coast cousin, COOL DUDE STIG"

• Like 3

Sometimes people in vehicles want to get my attention to let me know they like the wheel, so they honk their horn as they drive by, then give me a big thumbs up when I look up.  Makes me jump out of my skin. My response is not at all  EUC-ambassador like.  Hey, I'm only human.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Sometimes people in vehicles want to get my attention to let me know they like the wheel, so they honk their horn as they drive by, then give me a big thumbs up when I look up.  Makes me jump out of my skin. My response is not at all  EUC-ambassador like.  Hey, I'm only human.

There was once this car that drove about same speed as me honking the horn opening window: 

"uhhh yeah!!! wooo. Get it on camera!"

and then a phone with flash filming me :D

from the back of the car with a guy in the front with his upper body on the outside of the window

man that cheered up my belong evening ride :roflmao:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Someone blaring their horn at me as I begin riding again would really piss me off. Thank God is was my left arm that was injured so I can still take advantage of a one fingered gesture.  :furious:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Someone blaring their horn at me as I begin riding again would really piss me off. Thank God is was my left arm that was injured so I can still take advantage of a one fingered gesture.  :furious:

carry a gopro. then they pay the bills if you fall off by them honking. but it happens rarely just stay away from traffic

12 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

carry a gopro. then they pay the bills if you fall off by them honking. but it happens rarely just stay away from traffic

Pay what bills? A  $30k surgery and lost wages or just the $400 camera? 

( Sorry..derailment has stopped)

Edited by Rehab1

Just now, Rehab1 said:

Pay what bills? A  $30k surgery and lost wages or just the $400 camera?

but if they honk and you fall and your shoulder need more surgery. then it better to buy 30 dollar camera than another surgery :mellow:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

hey,  please add to this thread if you like.  im curious as to reactions to riders of the ewheel.

dumbest remark so far:  oct 8, 2018,  rode by a cyclist in a non-agressive manner,  to which the rider yelled at me ....

"Thats not fair".  I did not reply to the rider cause i was simply dumbfounded,  i kept riding and shaking my head...

nicest remarks (2)

one time in august 2018,  i rode by a car that was just starting up.  the driver caught up with me at the next stop sign and beeped the heck out of me and was giving me the thumbs up.  he looked like a retired man with his adult grand daughter.  his grand daughter also complimented me on the use of the ewheel.  i told the retired man my age and he looked surprised.  i suggested and encouraged the man to try one out himself.  earlier on in july,  a policeman on a bicycle remarked to me that he should be riding an ewheel instead of the bicycle.  of course,  he had a big smile on his face too,  priceless...

Edited by bpong
  • Like 3

I rode passed a woman and her young daughter a week or so ago.

The girl pointed at my wheel and said 'What's that mummy?' 

The mum said 'It's a roller skate darling...'

Not. Even. Close. 

Crikey, the misinformation that is passed to kids these days...

• Like 2