Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

16 minutes ago, Beachboy said:

If it is a preproduction wheel then mostlikely there will be imperfection on the product, so why would a factory release it just to get feed back? didn’t KS have QC guys to do the job?

This is standard practice by now, if I understand correctly: there is a small batch of wheels, usually called "preproduction" (you can also call it "0th batch") which is sent to influencers, reviewers and shops. These people test the wheel, give reviews and feedback. Something like a beta test. QC is more about checking that the wheels are assembled correctly and work.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Flying W said:

A lot of people on Facebook are talking about side strikes damaging the battery. This cases look more protective to me than the side overs on all my wheels that just have some double sided tape on them. 

Exactly. Plastic and double sided tape is a lot better than what KS just did. 😂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

This King Song video, just posted on Facebook, gives a brief look at just how well engineered and solidly constructed IMO the S20 is during the 2 battery pack installs:

https://www.facebook.com/849599603/videos/1738425069681460/

Would you/anyone be willing to upload here or to another hosting site like vimeo or youtube?

Some people are not part of the zuckerBorg. B)

Edited by litewave
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

yeah, too much hate/conspiracies and what if's on the facebook forums :) loved pretty much all the testing video and details that got out. won't be as sturdy as with bar design or carbon-fibre reinfored gotways but i'll take that everytime for a nice naked-bike look. and it probably will still be better than the normal old plastic shell design we are used to. will be great for modding too, like carbon-fibre shells for extra durability or just some accessories like cameramount or led stripes that can easily be screwed on in different places. can't wait ...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, litewave said:

Would you/anyone be willing to upload here or to another hosting site like vimeo or youtube?

Some people are not part of the zuckerBorg. B)

I’m not on Faceplant, and I watched it.

• Like 1

Great eye, I hadn’t noticed that. Very curious. Might be the design isn’t quite baked yet and they’re still checking options?

EDIT: looking at the battery install video, it’s clear the angle of rear handle is adjustable

Edited by Tawpie

1 hour ago, nosamplesplease said:

A translation might help.

57 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Yeah, the link ten posts up has subtitles.

https://www.facebook.com/849599603/videos/1738425069681460/

• Like 1

Someone is bound to put those packs in on the piss and crack the BMS or a component on it...even the guy in the vid let the weight of the pack hang on the end of the board at 4.07..

Is this something end users will be expected to do?

Edited by Planemo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Is this something end users will be expected to do?

I don't think so.  I believe this is an instructional video for distributors to perform before sending units off to customers.  I think it has to do with safety, shipping the batteries separately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fair enough. Deffo wouldn't want random punters faffing around with packs like that. It's not even like a gotway where you just drop them in with double sided tape.

Aside from that, there looks to be some pretty beefy chips (FET's?) on the BMS at 2.27. Look huge!

My guess is that the preview demo wheels that was shipped come with batteries separated as those wheels are shipped by air so different regulations apply, at the same time it's a pretty good instructional maintenance video.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Aside from that, there looks to be some pretty beefy chips (FET's?) on the BMS at 2.27. Look huge!

it's not just a BMS, it's a Smart BMS :)  it should let us check 'every cell'? or how much you stressed the packs during winterseason

Edited by Blunzn

I love everything of this wheel but one thing: pedals are way too high.

Motor is powerful and ht, it's not a stupid extreme speedster, battery is more then enough, design is sick. 

Those pedals though, really too high... I know that suspension wheels are higher but this seems way higher then s18 and v11. 

1 hour ago, Blunzn said:

it's not just a BMS, it's a Smart BMS :)  it should let us check every cell or how much you stressed the packs during winterseason

45 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Well I guess it will let you check every string, not every cell ;)

If one knows every string voltage one knows each cell voltage ;)

6 minutes ago, enaon said:

there is still no mention of per cell string monitoring, lets hope for the best :)

Afair KS started to use "smart bms" from sometimes around the KS16S...

The only change around this time was imho that no "daisy chaining" was used anymore but the bms were "synced by a wire"

... i would not interpret too much in a word from the marketing department...

Wan't cell monitoring mentioned in some early stage announcement of the S18 and then removed again?

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)