Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

34 minutes ago, Codespanker said:

On the e-riders podcast this week it was  stated that the “s20 eagle has left the nest and is in the way to e-riders” - not much more was said but it was clear they were going to get one very soon

I watched that same podcast and personally would have to take their statement with a pinch of salt, as All distributors were originally expecting the S20 around December/January (I may prove to be wrong however!)

But, in All honesty, I took it to mean that they were more canvassing for feedback to arrange a future date for a demo day for interested riders, with a view to then taking/bumping up pre orders!

The last word on progress/delays was posted in this thread back in November alluding to March/April 2022, with a copy of text from an email sent out by eWheels, click on the link below:

Edited by fbhb

On 10/19/2021 at 3:51 AM, enaon said:

I think they are using the accelerometer for the temp, I did not saw one on the heatsink, so you cannot really rely on reported temperature, dry paste will crack and create air gaps, a single mosfet failure is likely before you notice big temperature rise overall. 

It is a strong recommendation, and I would recommend this type of paste, not because it is Greek, but because I do not know another that has long life and can replace pads. 

if one has knowledge of good quality paste/pads suitable for our usage, please let us all know. 

https://www.amazon.com/viscous-thermal-replacement-60g-Aspire/dp/B00K04D3UK

linus tech made a review of the k5 pro, they liked it. Just a reminder that it is very well suited for our use case. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Plan on June. Figure production starts late February finishes by March. 40ish days by sea, time in customs, then time shipping to you so figure 65 days or so after production ends. And that's assuming no more delays and that shipping issues dont get worse

As much as I hate to admit it ... that is probably the most realistic assessment at this stage. 

• Like 3

Trade portals show they can be freighted by air by suppliers in China.

If passenger planes allowed EUC's as checked luggage, might be cheaper, quicker and easier to fly to Shenzen and purchase at the Chinese market price.

20 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Trade portals show they can be freighted by air by suppliers in China.

If passenger planes allowed EUC's as checked luggage, might be cheaper, quicker and easier to fly to Shenzen and purchase at the Chinese market price.

Especially with KingSong, there would be a high risk to have the wheel locked when home.

The delay is not surprising but I really hoped I could get one for the riding season from later batches. Now I have to pre-order and hope to get a good unit. And it might not even make it here until late summer. I already sold my V11 also. All because of chasing bigger numbers in spec sheets when all we wanted was better quality and comfort. Nothing wrong with 100V system. 

Right now the winning feature is availability. The market will be hot in just 3-4 months. V13 will not be available for another 6 months either. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I wonder if the S20 will use a similar configuration to the S18 which uses 2 slide tubes? or if they will use something different (maybe only one?). Looking forward to seeing  the teardown and any positive or negative implications this might have (if any).

Somebody mentioned that the sliding tubes are no longer used, and that they were replaced with joints on solid bars. I didn’t quite understand how it would come together, so I’m definitely waiting for more info on this as well.

• Like 1

Seeing the v12 cutout issue and how Inmotion knew about the MOSFET problem before it was discovered concerns me.

Has Kingsong kept safety secrets like this? Rethinking my s20 preorder. Does ewheels allow delaying a preorder for later batches?

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:21 AM, mrelwood said:

Somebody mentioned that the sliding tubes are no longer used, and that they were replaced with joints on solid bars. I didn’t quite understand how it would come together, so I’m definitely waiting for more info on this as well.

I don't know exactly how the S20 is built, but really, should it not just be the crank and rear swing arm of a mountain bike? With the battery packed in the middle... These geometries and tech are long standing. I really don't get the 'reinvent the bike' strangeness.

If not the rear swing arm (what I think is probably best for a real off road EUC) then it's the front shock set vertically. But not some made from scratch nonsense... just swap in mountain or motorcycle forks... how hard can it be? For the street, include a lock out like I have on my mountain bike so I can lower the wheel for fast maneuvers that don't require as much travel. Done and done!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, UniMe said:

I don't know exactly how the S20 is built, but really, should it not just be the crank and rear swing arm of a mountain bike? With the battery packed in the middle... These geometries and tech are long standing. I really don't get the 'reinvent the bike' strangeness.

If not the rear swing arm (what I think is probably best for a real off road EUC) then it's the front shock set vertically. But not some made from scratch nonsense... just swap in mountain or motorcycle forks... how hard can it be? For the street, include a lock out like I have on my mountain bike so I can lower the wheel for fast maneuvers that don't require as much travel. Done and done!

"levers is hard, dat be de dern geometrees u be talkin' bout. I mostest smarter, me do much better than stoopid motocycle and industrial compny of past. me genus!".... reinventing the mousetrap is fun.... How you gonna market something properly, if it simply works but isnt flashy with lotsa gizmos and new unreliable specs? Solving problems to the end is for weenies. If it kinda works, add something else, or move on to the next mousetrap. Geez man, wisen up!

*obviously I'm not helping. What can I say, Im multi-talented...:P

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

On the other hand this is the very first time we see its really in some testing stage (public videos). And KS was able to admit delay (twice: first Jack hold KS early hype when V12 was introduced and second now when they are testing and found some BMS issues).
My reason for pre-order was discount for early order, Jack and trust in Czech seller support, Ekolka.

Of course I already bought much better personal armor, I will not ride 70km/h and well, Ill be simple nice to it with hope in same device response :D
Im trying to stay positive.

• Like 3

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)