Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

14 minutes ago, Grimm10 said:

Ok so not a trusted source. :)

It's probably around 35-36kg but will be interesting to see real number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolzi said:

Sweet, thanks! With those handles should be decent enough to carry up stairs (Same method of carrying my Sherman as a reference point).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

With those handles should be decent enough to carry up stairs

Having holes in the pedals gives another solid grab point, lower down as well. V11 style, for hefting into the car. Hopefully you can also grab the red shock mount/suspension member as well, a la S18.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

I loved the unboxed first look by Jack. Getting my excitement back about this wheel. :-)

Interesting solution for the lift kill switch. Jack said it’s magnet base? I wonder how easily it can malfunction. But I guess there will be an option to disable it in the app…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

Having holes in the pedals gives another solid grab point, lower down as well

An extra benefit of lifting by the pedal (that just came to my mind) is perhaps less stress on the shell/body/handle of the EUC since you are directly carrying the motorwheel+hangers+pedals this way. This might be moot for the hopefully sturdy S20 but important for 16X, 18XL, S18 with their somewhat fragile trolley handles.

Edited by yoos

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

What surprised me the most is that the sidepads don’t seem to be adjustable after all, they seem to be attached with just a regular double sided adhesive. That is quite a large missed opportunity in my books.

Unless I completely misunderstood their attachment mechanism of course.

Yep, you can see the adhesive on the pad at 3:19, so i guess Velcro is the way (I don't mind makes it easier to swap to other pads).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

What surprised me the most is that the sidepads don’t seem to be adjustable after all, they seem to be attached with just a regular double sided adhesive. That is quite a large missed opportunity in my books.

Unless I completely misunderstood their attachment mechanism of course.

This was stated on the S20 website under the FAQ's heading back in August 2021, that the "Power pads will not be stuck on" and left for owners to fit to their desired position.

S20 Eagle FAQ's page

With regard to being adjustable, King Song claim (and Jack also made mention of it in the video) the "V" shaped attachment helps as a guide to position both pads higher or lower to your preference by keeping them relative to one another.

Having said that, as the pads do not come attached and there are actually 2 mounting positions to screw the "V" shaped guides on, these can obviously All be left off and the totally flat surface used to attach any other brand of pads you so desire!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

Yeah, I remember in the original presentation back in the distant August '21, the idea was to have the pads sliding up and down. I guess this is why there look to be some sort of grooves in the battery compartment. But probably because you wouldn't be able to fold the pedals with the lower pads attached, they left the grooves as a decoration. Well, except, by the look of it, the battery compartment cover bolts are now screwed into them from the top with some half-exposure of the bolts.

• Like 3

Trying not to be a fanboy.

The grooves give structural strenght and increase cooling area if such are needed.. But most likely they are a leftover of originally planned groove adjusted power pads?

If they have velcro on the pads.. They can be adjusted as promised? :roflmao:

Actually the white "adhessive" behind the pad looks kinda similar as on the velcro white backpaper on the seat?

Edited by Kutvelo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kutvelo said:

Trying not to be a fanboy.

The grooves give structural strenght and increase cooling area if such are needed.. But most likely they are a leftover of originally planned groove adjusted power pads?

If they have velcro on the pads.. They can be adjusted as promised? :roflmao:

Actually the white "adhessive" behind the pad looks kinda similar as on the velcro white backpaper on the seat?

Nothing wrong in being a fan boy if you are open about it and have your argument for your opinion.

Others might not agree but having a preference is not necessarily a bad thing. 

I am a little preserved about the build og S18 and S20. But then again I prefer the Inmotion approach. 

On the other hand I can't see myself considering and GW-spinoff brands. 

The S20 is a maybe for me but not until "3rd" or later batches. So we have seen what people the own one think of it. So far the looks do not appeal to me, but it might grow on me irl. It does matter much more how durable and practical the design is. So true riders review will show that more I hope. 

I am not counting clickbait influence/youtubers much on reviews. I prefer community reviews much more. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Nothing wrong in being a fan boy if you are open about it and have your argument for your opinion.

Others might not agree but having a preference is not necessarily a bad thing. 

I am a little preserved about the build og S18 and S20. But then again I prefer the Inmotion approach. 

On the other hand I can't see myself considering and GW-spinoff brands. 

The S20 is a maybe for me but not until "3rd" or later batches. So we have seen what people the own one think of it. So far the looks do not appeal to me, but it might grow on me irl. It does matter much more how durable and practical the design is. So true riders review will show that more I hope. 

I am not counting clickbait influence/youtubers much on reviews. I prefer community reviews much more. 

Ok, sitting on the stairs. First time I see this :)

Ohh I'm on MSP-HT atm, never ridden KS but got this preordered.

Edited by Kutvelo

I am so glad they didn't go down the sliders to adjust the power pad route. The headache of fixing this if it broke and the durability of it would be questionable. Keeping it simple is great and much more flexible.  Wheel looks good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more about it as we all are. 

• Like 1

Is it only me or there is an inch or more of space to widen the battery compartment to the rear end? Jack even showed an extra piece of support for the lean pad included in the package - but there should be wider battery in the first place.

22 minutes ago, That Guy said:

Is it only me or there is an inch or more of space to widen the battery compartment to the rear end? Jack even showed an extra piece of support for the lean pad included in the package - but there should be wider battery in the first place.

I think it is "Only You" seeing an extra inch to widen the battery compartment in the existing configuration, as there is definitely No unused space available!

Please don't forget that the main, structural aluminium housing Also has to accommodate the cavities for the sliding rails on both the Front and the Rear section (i.e. either side of the battery pack) of what is an intricately formed extrusion.

2.jpg

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)