2 hours ago, Bongaloid said:

Thanks for your help. Just confirming, opening the wheel up won't void the warranty or anything right? I live really close to Ewheels and have only had the wheel a couple months. Just making sure opening the wheel is the right move.

Opening the wheel is reason to make warranty void. You should contact the company who sold you the device. They usually have instructions how to open the wheel and what to do if you want to repair it yourself. In your case they would/should give you checklist to go through in order to find the problem.

If the wheel is opened the water sealing will/might get broken. This could result water related damage afterwards. Making warranty void.

Fixing the wheel is not too difficult but it is important that you have someone doing it who is familiar with electronics (to avoid shortcircuit and fire damage) and instructions are to be followed to the letter. 

On 1/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, Bongaloid said:

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this slight creaky click I get sometimes when I'm turning left? What is that?

It sounds like in your case something might be loose, might be even one of the screws keeping the cover intact and possibly it barely stays in place. Maybe the plastic is worn.

4 hours ago, Tasku said:

Opening the wheel is reason to make warranty void. You should contact the company who sold you the device. They usually have instructions how to open the wheel and what to do if you want to repair it yourself. In your case they would/should give you checklist to go through in order to find the problem.

If the wheel is opened the water sealing will/might get broken. This could result water related damage afterwards. Making warranty void.

Fixing the wheel is not too difficult but it is important that you have someone doing it who is familiar with electronics (to avoid shortcircuit and fire damage) and instructions are to be followed to the letter. 

It sounds like in your case something might be loose, might be even one of the screws keeping the cover intact and possibly it barely stays in place. Maybe the plastic is worn.

Thank you sir

@Bongaloid, email eWheels and ask, but keep in mind there is no water proof seal that will get destroyed by taking the side panel off and every tire change will require a much more involved disassembly. 

eWheels is awesome! They will get you all the help you need. You may want to try to capture the issue on video (I know you said it's more of a feeling than a sound though) and send it to them too. 

Of it's a knocking that increases frequency as speed increases you may have the issue I did on my original one and eWheels took care it under warranty. 

Just don't be too apprehensive about taking off the pedals and side covers. Pedals should come off ever few months to keep the pedal pins lightly lubed so they don't get stuck.

On my rs I've taken the covers off just to inspect things, tape over the hollow bore holes to keep dust down a little and I changed out the Phillips head screws for stainless allen heads. I do a lot of off roading so I take the panels off frequently to clean out any dust.

I know it can seem like a lot due to the amount of screws (26 combined) but it's not that bad. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Flying W said:

Would love one for the RS....but also need pads to fit too and there are way too many pad configs for this to possible...but I can dream :D

@Flying W it is actually possible to put your pads straight on top of the Bodyguard, using industrial strength Velcro.  @FlyboyEUC made a YouTube video describing his process, earlier this year and has had good results attaching pads this way!

• Like 1

@Simply_Striking Just looks like a 3D printed box over the control board and sealed around with chalk/mastic. Not sure i would be keen to do this. The main board has a confromal coating already so you only protecting the daughter board from water (i pressume this is made to keep water out?)
I'd be concerned about heat but, seeing the fans blowing air over the heatsink fans, it probably a non issue. Not sure. 

Hi All,

Given that the RS has a fixed handle, is it a reasonable idea to use the handle to lock the wheel to a bike rack? Given how sturdy it is, I'm wondering if there is some metal running through the middle of the handle so at least a thief would need to spend some time sawing to get through it.

Also, with the extra bit of space on the one side, has anyone installed a motion sensitive alarm? Even better, one that somehow connects to my cell phone? Between this and a lock I'm thinking it might be possible to leave it for an hour or so while I grab lunch or something....?

The handle is all plastic. For short term it might work. To a quick thief it feels like it's more than plastic. The rim has space enough for a thick cable style lock. As far as a motion sensor, the left side has enough space for a nice diy project. You could even use the beeper or speakers for a wailer alarm.

1 hour ago, UniMe said:

Hi All,

Given that the RS has a fixed handle, is it a reasonable idea to use the handle to lock the wheel to a bike rack? Given how sturdy it is, I'm wondering if there is some metal running through the middle of the handle so at least a thief would need to spend some time sawing to get through it.

Also, with the extra bit of space on the one side, has anyone installed a motion sensitive alarm? Even better, one that somehow connects to my cell phone? Between this and a lock I'm thinking it might be possible to leave it for an hour or so while I grab lunch or something....?

i think they sell reasonably priced GPS trackers that you can stick in there, and monitor via phone. the handlebar you refer to is completely hollow inside. the entire shell can be split in half at its seams. dont make that mistake of locking your euc using the handle*...thieves would be happy with you if u did lol

if youre in a good neighborhood, yeah i guess you could run a chain through the rim to lock it up. but a good portable grinder tool from some hardware store will only take like 10 seconds to cut through any chain or lock that fits into the rim.

otherwise, curious thieving types may just mess your shell up, crack it, while trying to take it. so even if you protect it briefly, it might still become deadweight. maybe the fiberglass armor sold by EUCYOU on instagram (thats not too colorful) could be a discreet addition to your euc gear also. 

but maintaining line of sight to your euc, and the gps trackers to your phone, and shell protection would serve you well.

if youre really in need, you could try to put it in some kind of plastic bag covering and hide it behind some bush or garbage or something lol. but it depends where you are trying to do this....and im not really advising that

Edited by StealthPhoenix

any newish Begode wheel should absolutely not be ridden in so much as a puddle of water IMHO, unless you’re looking to destroy your bearings or cause a house fire. 

@evX_Mick was surprised when his EX-N stopped working after going through a little bit of snow. one of the recent wheel fires in a @Hsiangvideo was caused possibly by water getting in and causing a short. 

water is like kryptonite for a Begode wheel.

yeah maybe you are lucky and your wheel isn’t like that but in general, avoid the smallest puddle of water. 

Edited by shellac
  • Like 1

i ride mine in rain (during rain/after rain) and snow, and super cold...but i have waterproofed it (not fully...maybe one day ill do it fully)

but i dont lay the euc on its side afterwards. i also try not to go through puddles more than 25 mph..ideally less than 15 mph

i also dont let my battery go below 15%. ideally, i would not let it go below 20%

i never fast charge it.

and i charge within 24 hours or sooner, regardless of how much ive drained the battery. if i do leave it on overnight, i unplug as soon as i can, and turn it on and let the wheel freespin for a few seconds

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Back to topic i was sad i received old MSP week before they anounce RS with "holow motor WOOOOW" and reality show i was lucker who make good mistake.

Same with me, my MSP HT was on its way to me when the RS came out. I wanted to cancel it and have the RS, but it was too late.

I had considered selling the MSP right away without unpacking it, but then I couldn't wait for the RS (despite having ordered it immediately) and used the MSP anyway.

Fortunately, I had canceled the RS 2 days before shipping, because I considered the deeper pedals and the too far protruding housing in the lower area as a huge downgrade. That was my luck, because otherwise I would have had to hassle with the crappy bearings and various other things. :efefc8626c:

• Like 1

These posts make me sad, really hard to read them.

I ordered RS in September. I have MSX (second hand, 500 km on it when I bought it) for like 6 months, love it, wanted more, but MSP doesn't looked like a worthy upgrade. When RS came out, I was immediately hooked up. Got it after like 2 months of waiting (customs took really long) and after a first bigger ride, knocking sound issue.

It took another month and few weeks to get a completely new unit just last Friday. I took it for a spin (3 km) and all is great of course, but we have snow and really bad weather right now, so I don't wanna ride anyway.

I do not have a problem not to ride in rain, I don't wanna do that with any EUC (PEV respectively) if rain won't catch me in a middle of a ride out of nowhere. But I just wanna know that I am safe after all. That my EUC won't break after little harsh conditions.

What else you can buy? Veteran Sherman? All I can read lately about this EUC is, that tire might want to come off the rim. It's like there is no safe bet if you just wanna enjoy and not deal with problems (for a lot of money).

I really hope that first time (and first batch) was just a bad luck and I will be just fine. MSX is a great machine, RS seems to be too (after all). There are also happy users with no problems, just hope I will now be one of them, as soon as the weather will go better.

• Like 1

@MultiTricker my 1st RS also had the knocking issue, replacement had been perfect for 400 miles. About 150 of those were off road. 

I do avoid water, got caught in rain once but it was right at the end of a ride and I also had already covered the trolly handle, plugged the hollow bore holes where the motor wires come through into the shell and had taped over the power button prior to the ride since it did look like rain. Water did not get inside, but it was not a heavy rain, just enough get everything wet including the street.

I love the climbing ability of this wheel, but will always be careful with puddles. There are more things to seal up better, but for my area that doesn't get much rain I feel safe. 

• Like 2