I was unaware that the bms is a circuit breaker for a shorted charge port. Figured if it gets shorted faceplant and destruction garunteed. Iwould like to replace the basic bms with one that balances while charging and has Bluetooth or WiFi support to monitor individual cell group voltages. For now my ghetto inner tube trick works fine. Tonight another .5 inch of rain forecasted. As far as the wire management, I had to tidy them up. Gotway ran the motor phase wires on top of the capacitors and had a few shitty solder joints on the battery connectors. Gotway used an XT90 on the control board. I replaced theirs with an ani-spark one. 

• 4 weeks later...

Btw - before the question of @Jim_x01 

On 12/14/2021 at 2:30 AM, Jim_x01 said:

But I don't know what maximum diameter cap could fit under the cover, where the speaker was sitting. Maybe somebody knows how much space is there under the cover

gets lost in this general RS topic.

Maybe it's better to open a seperate topic instead posting here in this general RS topic? And not mentioning caps ... ;(

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, EMA said:

you'll love k66 ;)

Any opinion by now about K66 Heidenau tire?  I have it sitting and waiting for installation on my custom S18XL, 

it is rather hard and heavy, I have mixed feelings for now...  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Any opinion by now about K66 Heidenau tire?  I have it sitting and waiting for installation on my custom S18XL, 

It greatly increases battery consumption. I have a colleague who removed it for that reason.

14 hours ago, Lukasz said:

I have about 200 miles on the non snowtex 80/80 size. I love the tire. 

When you have it in your hand like you said it's heavy, and feels stiff, but the center is pliable. It's a very comfortable ride while having strong sidewall to protect the rim.

Grip on road is great for fast turns, but the tire really shines on dry dirt, gravel, and pretty deep sand. I have no idea about muddy wet conditions, the RS isn't good for anything wet so I avoid it. 

It's not a bouncy tire at all so it lands well. Going from sidewalk to street at an angle with decent speed is super stable. Landing after speed bumps is also very stable. 

It tracks well and doesn't follow the angle of the road. The tire doesn't fight you. 

I've been using 28psi and my riding weight is around 200lbs. The tire is heavy enough to notice a 1 to 2 mph lower 80% alarm. I'm sure it is using more battery, but the difference is small and the benefits far out weigh for my riding habits which are pretty 50/50. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lukasz said:

it's an amazing tire, i've not done a good range test but seems normal to me.

weight 2.3kg
as reference the knobby is 2.1kg, kenda k340 is 2.2kg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Flying W said:

I have about 200 miles on the non snowtex 80/80 size. I love the tire. 

When you have it in your hand like you said it's heavy, and feels stiff, but the center is pliable. It's a very comfortable ride while having strong sidewall to protect the rim.

Grip on road is great for fast turns, but the tire really shines on dry dirt, gravel, and pretty deep sand. I have no idea about muddy wet conditions, the RS isn't good for anything wet so I avoid it. 

It's not a bouncy tire at all so it lands well. Going from sidewalk to street at an angle with decent speed is super stable. Landing after speed bumps is also very stable. 

It tracks well and doesn't follow the angle of the road. The tire doesn't fight you. 

I've been using 28psi and my riding weight is around 200lbs. The tire is heavy enough to notice a 1 to 2 mph lower 80% alarm. I'm sure it is using more battery, but the difference is small and the benefits far out weigh for my riding habits which are pretty 50/50. 

Where did you order yours from? How does the 80/80 fit? I've heard the size to get is 80/90 but it seems like 10 (mm?) shouldn't be that big a difference.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, sffish said:

Where did you order yours from? How does the 80/80 fit? I've heard the size to get is 80/90 but it seems like 10 (mm?) shouldn't be that big a difference.

I got mine from racingplanet.com. They are a scooter aftermarket parts site (like moped vespa scooters) and the only 14in size they had in stock was the 80/80. I would have bought the 80/90 of there was a choice.

I'm a way I'm happy though. Bump absorption is great, amd there is a little more room for rocks and debris to exit. 

Top speed is a little lower but a bunch. Instead of beeping at 37to 38mph I'm beeping at 35 to 36.

I did use an 18xl tube, the K66 is a thick DOT rated tire and the inside volume, at least on the 80/80 didn't want a 3in tube. The 2.5in tube made it easy.

If you have the choice in size I'd go 80/80 of you ride trails with a lot of lose rocks. The tread on this tire will hold into stones, especially crawling up a steep lose hill. If you ride mostly on the street is try to get the 80/90 just for a little more speed and sidewall height. That's just a guess though as I haven't ridden the 80/90. They may feel very similar for all I know.

I can say with certainty though that this is the best tire I've ever ridden on and I've almost all the non knobby tires on something.

I also think this one will last a long time on the EUC. I will change a tire when the dirt traction is going away for most of the ebike style tires EUCs come with that gets me 1200 to 1800 miles. I really think based on how this tire looks after 260 miles that it will last me at least 3k miles. 

I just hope when I need another that they are easier to get. Even with racing planet listing it as in stock it still ce stateside over the Atlantic and took almost 2 months to arrive. Shipping was over half the cost of the tire as well, but worth it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flying W said:

I got mine from racingplanet.com. They are a scooter aftermarket parts site (like moped vespa scooters) and the only 14in size they had in stock was the 80/80. I would have bought the 80/90 of there was a choice.

did use an 18xl tube, the K66 is a thick DOT rated tire and the inside volume, at least on the 80/80 didn't want a 3in tube. The 2.5in tube made it easy.

Thanks for the information on the tube. I ordered the 80/90 off ebay and the shipping pushes the cost to north of $100. I did find https://www.racingplanetusa.com/ which as $9 shipping but they didn't have the 80/90 in stock. I'm looking forward to trying the tire, not looking forward to installing it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Snow checking my RS. Rode about 8 miles(12.8 kilometers). The snow accumulation was about 1.5 inches(4cm). It was deeper in spots. Got pitched a few times. The cst c6004 tire had decent grip. The temperature started at 28f (-2.2c) and at the end of the ride the temperature was 25f(-3.8c). Tomorrow will bring a lot of ice. The temperature will be down to 17f (-8.3c). Everyone will start using ice melt and salt. That usually will ruin bearings. So far my RS has been running smooth since I repacked the bearings. 1200 miles (1931 kilometers) and counting.PXL_20211226_210949298.thumb.jpg.c25a84abf8e14f8455d2e2dab08449d7.jpgpark1.thumb.jpg.95fba4846ed614de930259bc2ee2a4ce.jpg

park2.MP.jpg

park3.jpg

park4.jpg

• Like 3