Seeing reports of the Gotway RS, an MSX form factor with the new hollow motor rated at 2600w. A since-deleted post with a spec sheet listed two editions, torgue and speed, with lift speed specs at 97 kph for the speed edition and 79 for the torque version. 

Can anyone confirm this as an actual release? I'm liking the specs but not liking the holdover MSX form factor, which has proven to be very fragile especially in crashes at any sort of speed.

I also find it interesting that Gotway included "100V" in the model name (RS 19" 100V)...Does that mean there will be an 84V version of this wheel? Or, maybe something higher than 100V? :shock2:

• Like 3

Yes, the RS (speed/torque) is a future production model that will replace the MSP.  Very excited about the new motor, but I do not see myself replacing my first generation MSP for this model. I also assume that there will be a price increase as compared to the current MSPs.

• Like 1

Probably I will sell my MSP and I would prefer the MSP RS with the Hollow Motor.

Why Gotway make a secret of it and doesn't say when it will be released? Same last year with the Nikola. It's not nice for customers.

For me it's a important change. No thin axle with thin motor wires and a loosening axle nut that is a problem for years. 

I didn't thought that EWheels (ZenLee posted this datasheet and deleted it short after) would play this game in favor of Gotway. I thought they would be just as surprised when Gotway releases a new wheel in quick succession.

I don't think such things should be kept secret on purpose. A new model will always be more expensive and there will still be enough buyers who will buy the current old version because it is cheaper. Others will not want to buy and wait for the new model. In my eyes no reason to hide this. 

This makes current buyers unhappy who would have preferred to wait and pay more. 

• Like 2

hopefully it will have a narrower form factor like the MSX - and they really should go with 2200wh.  the best all around 100v MSX variant might be the modded 2200wh - be nice if this upgrade at least matched that

17 hours ago, Meserias said:

I think your cat has access to this forum... :D

It wasn't my screenshot, it was from a guy on facebook :thumbup:

Also...

There was a photo of the RS, maybe an MSP mod with the Rs logo with red lights on the speakers.. searching for it, can't find it.. :wacko:

EDIT: Found it

No photo description available.

And it's from Gotway China facebook account

Edited by Lefteris
photo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, h3X said:

Hopefully they use the indestructible Nikola shell for this model

I doubt it. It most likely GW will stick with the MSP format with all changes being internal. I disliked the MSP styling wise at first but it's since grown on me so personally I don't care. All's I care is the performance.

4 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

All's I care is the performance.

That's just it though. Compare the crash performance of a Nikola versus the MSX; one will crack at the seams while the other will just roll along and be virtually unscathed...

• Like 1

Reality is we basically know nothing expect whats seen on some screenshot. 

What exactly is a hollow motor, what benifit is that? The stated motor is only slightly better then the current MSP Torque at 2500wh 

Plus noone can say when it will be released, everyone mentioning that it is terrible of Gotway to already focus on a new replacement of the MSP but this wheel may not even be planned for production for another 18months maybe even longer. Its just rumours and it should just be taken as so unless someone has a reliable source directly from Gotway then for me its as if the RS is just some nicely dreamed up specs. 

10 hours ago, h3X said:

That's just it though. Compare the crash performance of a Nikola versus the MSX; one will crack at the seams while the other will just roll along and be virtually unscathed...

If & when I get the MSP HS, I'm a gonna wrap the frikin thing with 1/2" neoprene. It's fugly to start with so I can't make it any worse. Sides who's gonna see whats btwn ma legs at 40mph😆!

However, its very true that as of now, the RS is just vaporware. That said, I do hope there's an RS with a 2600w motor next year. We Norte Americanos are educated from birth that bigger is always better & biggest is best! Even if the results say otherwise😝. If the pricing is similar to the current MSP, I'm pretty sure I'm down for 1 so GW git ya ass into gear.

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Can be used, but are not used:facepalm: (see V11 - 12AWG or 14AWG or whatever is NOT a thick cable).

I think that's one of the biggest disappointments - the manufacturers finally switch to thicker axles (in the end, that's what a "hollow bore motor" is) and then it turns out they don't understand what the point of it was and don't use the opportunity.

I expect nothing better from Gotway. I would love to be proven wrong here, but I don't expect I will:rolleyes:

Thanks for the education. While I haven't been racking my brains on it, I did have a blank stare for a fraction of sec in deciphering WTH is a hollow motor. I just ascribed it as Chinglish for whatever it is 😝.

Its not unusual for mfgr's even in the West to mfgr to the lowest common denominator. That said, in the West, there are such pesky things as legal liability & suits that sometimes causes mfgrs to do the right thing for different reasons. In China, they have no such problems.

Edited by Scottie888
  • Like 1

Someone posted on a Facebook page that production starts in 3 weeks. I have no idea how true that is. The speakers on both sides and the lift button are both huge improvements. I might try retrofitting the new speakers on my MSP.

Don't know how real this is but I found the "new" MSuper Pro RS HS & HT version on Alibaba

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Begode-GotWay-Msuper-Pro-RS-1800wh_62335858200.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.b1d27f7anoYlGZ

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Begode-GotWay-Msuper-Pro-RS-1800wh_50042286978.html?spm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.4.7b1f7ae20u33Mc

That said, Alibaba is well known for its misleading specs so take it for what it is. Good news is that the wholesale pricing seems to be very similar if not identical to the old MSP.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:34 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I expect nothing better from Gotway. I would love to be proven wrong here, but I don't expect I will:rolleyes:

I at least did my best and told them yesterday when placing my order for the MSP RS that they now have enough room for thick cables in the axle and should not do the same bullshit as Inmotion. :D

14 hours ago, agronick said:

Someone posted on a Facebook page that production starts in 3 weeks.

I've now heard they're starting in a week and are suspending production of the EX and Monster pro for this. 

14 hours ago, agronick said:

The speakers on both sides

To me it looks like a buzzer and not like a second set of speakers on the other side. 

9 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

Don't know how real this is but I found the "new" MSuper Pro RS HS & HT version on Alibaba

A blind man can see that this is the old model and not that RS. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, buell47 said:

A blind man can see that this is the old model and not that RS. 

Hmmm its very possible that I'm blind but its also possible that not reading & not checking out the links I posted & instead making assumptions can also cause blindness 😉.

If you can find the time & make the effort to check out the links, you'd find that the title has the "RS". Also the specs says its a 2600w hollow motor for both the C38 & C30 versions. Its possible the they misprinted the info but it's also possible I wasn't completely blind either.

FWIW I've seen the 'baba's info page on 'older' MSP & it isn't the same as the links I posted. Check it out....you might learn something👍

• Like 1

Seriously has anyone got a direct source, surprised Gotway would just keep this secret, for what reason? Just doesn't make sense which makes me feel this is just nonsense. 

Following this closely because im having issues with my MSP only had it a couple of days and so I may be better off just returning this and waiting. But if this aint dropping for a couple of months or next year I'll be happy to just get a new replacement. 

• Like 1