15 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

How many miles you guys have on this wheel.... Just interested in knowing if i ride too much? I have 2,150 miles. Got it 6 months ago.

I got mine back in December and I have around 460 miles so far. I'm not a commuter though and I ride off-road so my rides aren't as far. 

Also looks like a new updated RS is coming out soon 

I'm loving the new display. It seems bright enough to be read at high noon. The interior packaging is noticeably improved as they learning to hide the fugly wire mess although I still don't like the mobo's locale at the bottom instead of top. 

That said, with the ascent of the EX.N's increased wh & range, I'll likely choose the EX.N over this refreshed RS but it does seem GW/BG is finally starting to wake up & listen.

I'm not fully satisfied as yet but still, this can't be anything but good news.

3 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

..not sure as to how to clean it.... :( 

You can use compress air & a home vac to finish up.

I got myself a datavac donkey years ago & it still works as new to this day. Its made to clean computers & other such. Sucks on one side & blows on the other. 

Or you can cheap out a bit & get the cordless air dusters that's widely available. Easy pheasy 

14 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

You can use compress air & a home vac to finish up.

I got myself a datavac donkey years ago & it still works as new to this day. Its made to clean computers & other such. Sucks on one side & blows on the other. 

Or you can cheap out a bit & get the cordless air dusters that's widely available. Easy pheasy 

Compressed air didn't do anything. It's almost as if i have to bring a brush to it, but I am afraid of breaking anything if i do that.

I'm at 770 miles in 3 mos or so. So far so good but I avoid water like it's the plague.

I'd like the new bearing and motor covers. If mine gets an issue could be a warranty thing, if it last longer than the warranty period I'll just buy it. 

I still love the wheel!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

Compressed air didn't do anything. It's almost as if i have to bring a brush to it, but I am afraid of breaking anything if i do that.

I'm guessing the dirt are caked in there. In them case, use paint brushes of vary bristle stiffness. Normally the big brushes are soft(er) while the small narrow brushes have stiffer bristles. If it were me, I go the big softies 1st & then 2nd it with the stiffer brush. 

Don't worry too much about the mobo. While I wouldn't throw it on the floor, its also not as dainty as a cupcake nor as easily offended as snowflakes. Side EUC mobos are tiny incomparo so it won't take long. After the brushes, use compressed air or blower. Finish up with a long brush attached vac.

Make sure you de-static any & everything before touching the mobo just to be safe.

The sealant/install of the display looks like it was done by a 10 year old and I don't care much for the Blue Peter sticky-backed foam covering the wiring which tbh isn't even really necessary if the wires were secured properly. Encasing the board is a nice step forward, lets hope that in doing so they have thought about heat management though.

Granted it all looks neater though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

The sealant/install of the display looks like it was done by a 10 year old

Yeah, on the bright side it makes me not feel as bad about having bought the early model and missing out it.

• Like 1

@Simply_Striking I taped off the hollow hole on mine but left the vents open on the case. Also taped up the trolley handle area too (other wheels are better for a trip to the store) this cut the dust down a lot. 

If ya did that already then your dirt roads are even dustier than mine haha.

Like @Scottie888 said, don't worry too much about a brush vac on the board. These things take some hard hit just riding off road not to mention when they tumble. Getting the dirt off is more important to prevent static discharge and help it stay cool.

I'm thinking of putting some foam from a gas rc car air filter in the vent holes to keep the rest of the dust out too. I don't know how much heat really escapes through this holes anyway.

Just had a chance to watch wrong way's unboxing. Not as sad as I thought I'd be having the first gen. 

A voltage read out would have been better than what's on the screen. Better plastics are a nice touch but I already re routed the wiring on mine. 

I thought new wheel itis would be strong but I'm ok with it.....new wheel itis is still in effect for the EXN though. I'd like the EXN to be my street light off road wheel 

8 hours ago, Simply_Striking said:

How many miles you guys have on this wheel.... Just interested in knowing if i ride too much? I have 2,150 miles. Got it 6 months ago.

Batch 1 RS-S, ~1200 miles now after 6 months.

10 hours ago, French KaMiKaZe needs helm said:

The case for the motherboard, the radiator, cables passages, new bearings and new ring around them, those new batch seems really well made !
I'm so excited to get mine

New bearings and new ring..? Where did you get that info?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

New bearings and new ring..? Where did you get that info?

Hello !
From the seller (Sandra, myewheels), and from people who bought it too, on youtube and in a french forum (Espritroue).
Apparently, it seems that GW improved a lot their bearing quality when they received all that complaints about them, especially from their influencers.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, Simply_Striking said:

not sure as to how to clean it.... :( 

Use isopropyl alcohol with an acid brush, then use compressed air or blower. This is the approve method for cleaning aircraft wiring and connectors.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Simply_Striking said:

How long should i be leaving my wheel on the charger after charging to balance the cells?

balance is done at the end of the charge, no need to keep the charger connected after the green light