On 12/22/2020 at 1:02 AM, shellac said:

@Shape How do you set tiltback in darknessbot? I haven’t found that option. Or are you referring to the Gotway app?

Some days ago, I’ve just done a test in my courtyard: from the option tab of DarknessBot app, I can see the “device” section (I hope the name is right, because mine is in another language, eheh), and I could set some wheel stuff, including the tilt back speed, so I set it to 15 kph, and I could see it really worked....even at that low speed the wheel gently inclined back until I speeded down, and then returned horizontal as normal.

I keep tilt back set to 63 kph now (last month it was at 55 kph, and it worked great), so I can have a secure “physical advice”, in addition to the acoustic beeps! 💪🏻
So tell me if you can find this option from the DarknessBot settings! 👍🏻

On 12/24/2020 at 12:15 AM, StealthPhoenix said:

What did you do as a solution?

This just happened to me about 5 minutes ago. I went for a 7 mile ride and came home from work, laid the wheel on its side as i do most days (i should mention this was my first time riding through some minor puddles, but dry overall - remnants of snow fall here in NYC), and then a few hours later i turned it on again, and did a lift wheel speed test just for fun, turned it off and turned it on again, and the 3 flashing red lights in the back come on, with the RS logo. no other lights come on and i cant turn them on either, via euc world or the power button. 

its my 4th day riding and possibly my last for the season...i was finally able to comfortably do my work commute at a reasonable 20-25 mph through bumpy street roads and traffic, bike lanes, slushy snow, wet surfaces etc. but id hate to be decommissioned from something that happened this randomly, especially when the wheel does seem to work still....i just cant ride it at night or early morning anymore if i cant figure this out..

thanks and merry christmas/happy holidays

As solution, I did nothing! 😅

I could only turn it off, and then on again, and all seemed to be ok....

From that moment, luckily it never happened again!

I thought it was the “transportation mode” that was accidentally enabled in some weird way, or maybe it simply was a bug enabling it.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Shape

@Shape, @StealthPhoenixI believe the transportation mode is turned on (and off) by powering on the wheel, holding the lift button, then pressing the power button 5 times quickly. The wheel should beep to say it's changed mode. The reason why they have a transportation mode is so the wheels don't accidentally power on during transport and then kill the battery by trying to wheelspin their way out the box.

5 hours ago, Mac said:

Borego Springs, spent many days/years riding my RM250 there. Never imagined riding an EUC there. Next stop for you is Dunes! You suppose you can mount a paddle tire?

Borego is one of my favorite spots for a dual sport. They will get ya if not plated and outside ocotillo wells now days. 

The terrain there for wheeling isn't ideal but the challenge has its own fun. 

I've also been up in a sail plane twice out at Warner Springs. The first time was in a 3 seater, scenic but a little boring. The second time was in a stunt model and much more fun. 

I will say that trail riding the EUC showed a lot more of the beauty out there over flying on the dirt bike. 

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

@Shape, @StealthPhoenixI believe the transportation mode is turned on (and off) by powering on the wheel, holding the lift button, then pressing the power button 5 times quickly. The wheel should beep to say it's changed mode. The reason why they have a transportation mode is so the wheels don't accidentally power on during transport and then kill the battery by trying to wheelspin their way out the box.

Sure! 👍🏻
And you know what? Now I remember myself trying to change the led lights animation by (obviously) pressing many times the power button.....maybe in that moment I didn’t realize I was holding the wheel and pressing the button under the handle.... 😅
So I should have activated the Transportation Mode by mistake!

Edited by Shape
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying W said:

Borego is one of my favorite spots for a dual sport. They will get ya if not plated and outside ocotillo wells now days. 

The terrain there for wheeling isn't ideal but the challenge has its own fun. 

I've also been up in a sail plane twice out at Warner Springs. The first time was in a 3 seater, scenic but a little boring. The second time was in a stunt model and much more fun. 

I will say that trail riding the EUC showed a lot more of the beauty out there over flying on the dirt bike. 

Warner Springs is where I took my first glider ride. We lived in Rancho Bernardo where we raised our kids. It was a Christmas present from my wife. Took one ride and I was hooked. Back then I had a Mooney that I basically flew by myself. Flying gliders sure cut down the costs of getting high!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shape said:

Some days ago, I’ve just done a test in my courtyard: from the option tab of DarknessBot app, I can see the “device” section (I hope the name is right, because mine is in another language, eheh), and I could set some wheel stuff, including the tilt back speed, so I set it to 15 kph, and I could see it really worked....even at that low speed the wheel gently inclined back until I speeded down, and then returned horizontal as normal.

I keep tilt back set to 63 kph now (last month it was at 55 kph, and it worked great), so I can have a secure “physical advice”, in addition to the acoustic beeps! 💪🏻
So tell me if you can find this option from the DarknessBot settings! 👍🏻

Yeah mine does not have a tilt back option though we have the same wheel. Weird. Maybe @Alla Shkolnik can give some insight. 

BCD5B8F8-B54D-486C-A1EC-B9F439F9DFDC.png

On EUC world (Android version) I can set tilt-back at any speed up to 80kph, but I'm too new (this is my first EUC and I've only got ~11 hours of ride time so far) to be using any more than 40kph currently, can anyone confirm that the tilt-back setting works for higher speeds?  It seems to work fine for when I go more than a couple of kph above 40 and the wheel gently rocks me back, I think "whoa, that feels weird" and look at my phone to see I'm going 43kph so I go "ah, that must be tilt-back".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

can anyone confirm that the tilt-back setting works for higher speeds?

It *should* work, although I have to be honest I have never actually tried it. Maybe try setting it in 'baby steps' say every 5kmh and see?

Bear in mind that if its set to some point around the wheels top speed with a full batt when loaded, it may not activate at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

As I would expect. Sorry, are you saying it should? Not sure I have understood your post correctly.

Yes it works, now I can ride 80 kmh with my MSP HT. :thumbup:

Seriously now...
I thought he asks if he can set 80 kmh and if it works.
I mean it works, since the wheel does not go so fast anyway, so there is no tiltback to worry about. :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Yes it works, now I can ride 80 kmh with my MSP HT. :thumbup:

Seriously now...
I thought he asks if he can set 80 kmh and if it works.
I mean it works, since the wheel does not go so fast anyway, so there is no tiltback to worry about. :efee612b4b:

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.  A while back I read that the Gotway software could set tilt-back up to 48kph, so I wondered if the wheel did indeed accept higher settings and work for any speed I set.  Obviously I wouldn't set it at 80 if I expect it to work and prevent an over-speed crash, but if I eventually want to set it at 60 or 65 or even 70 then it is nice that I can.

I don't 100% trust beeps, especially with the wind noise at 60 or 70kph, especially after watching Wrong Way! with his Nicola crash where he was saying "no beeps" while the camera was actually picking up beeps that we could hear.  Maybe on the RS I would hear the beeps, but I just don't want to trust that.

But I'm not sure if you can set higher speeds (50 kmh or 60...) and this will work. Never tested, because it's useless. This tiltback is static and not related to max. motor power or battery capacity. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shellac said:

Yeah mine does not have a tilt back option though we have the same wheel. Weird. Maybe @Alla Shkolnik can give some insight. 

BCD5B8F8-B54D-486C-A1EC-B9F439F9DFDC.png

Ok listen: try to set the MAX Speed option to, for example, 10 mph....

Then, when you can, just try the wheel....

In the moment you’ll reach that speed, or around that value, pay attention to your pedal trim: I’m quite sure the wheel will start to tilt back! 😃

Tell me if it’ll work.... 😉👍🏻

14 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

On EUC world (Android version) I can set tilt-back at any speed up to 80kph, but I'm too new (this is my first EUC and I've only got ~11 hours of ride time so far) to be using any more than 40kph currently, can anyone confirm that the tilt-back setting works for higher speeds?  It seems to work fine for when I go more than a couple of kph above 40 and the wheel gently rocks me back, I think "whoa, that feels weird" and look at my phone to see I'm going 43kph so I go "ah, that must be tilt-back".

Sure, I confirm it! I have my maximum speed set at ~63 kph and it works perfectly! 💪🏻😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

But I'm not sure if you can set higher speeds (50 kmh or 60...) and this will work. Never tested, because it's useless. This tiltback is static and not related to max. motor power or battery capacity. 

Ok, here is my experience in some lines:

When I purchased my RS (about 2 month ago), I was so happy and curious to test each wheel’s feature.

I've to say that I had an InMotion V10F for long time, so I’ve a little bit of experience.... 😉

Well, I started so soon to play and test all the option in the app, and I set the Max Speed option to 45 kph in the beginning (that’s because my V10F MAX limit was 40)

I've always wanted to do things step by step, so after 45 kph I set Max Speed to 50....then to 55, then 60....etc! 😆

Now I’m stuck at 63 kph limit, I’m a lil bit afraid to go over that speed, and I even have no need of it.

So, all the max speed limits I’ve tested, make the tilt back works perfectly! 💪🏻

Finally, keep in mind that:

RS HS (like mine) has about a final max speed of 75 and more kph!

RS HT has about a final max speed of 65 kph!

So it’s normal that if we set a bigger value of max speed, the tilt back is useless and doesn’t work! 😆

I hope my little experience will help....

Soon! ✌🏻

Edited by Shape
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shape said:

So it’s normal that if we set a bigger value of max speed, the tilt back is useless and doesn’t work! 😆

Not forgetting that if you don't hear the beeps and your tiltback is set at 63kph (39mph) and you have a low battery but enough to give you 37mph max under load then it's faceplant time.

This is the problem with relying on Gotways tiltback. It can give a false sense of security.

Always remember that it is simply speed dependant. It doesn't take into account battery % like the 80% beeps do. Buell made this point 4 posts up.

• Like 3

Question ANYONE who knows the answer:

Can someone tell me why my RS is beeping at 23 mph, even though my lowest speed alarm is set for 35 mph? 2nd and 3rd alarms are both set for 40 mph. How can I get rid of the premature beeps? Thanks in advance.

Bumping so my question doesn't get drowned out.

2 hours ago, Shape said:

But.... if your battery level drops or max. motor power is reached even 63 kmh tiltback is useless and you can faceplant below 63kmh.

Just to make it clear. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Shape said:

as already said be carefull:

HS beeps around 70
HT beeps around 60

and that's full battery...;)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bongaloid said:

Can someone tell me why my RS is beeping at 23 mph, even though my lowest speed alarm is set for 35 mph? 2nd and 3rd alarms are both set for 40 mph. How can I get rid of the premature beeps? Thanks in advance.

What is the beep sequence?

What app are you using to set the speed limits?