KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

13 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

This is incorrect. I clocked it at 24 mph with a GPS at 40% battery before I got the verbal warning.

People seem to taking numbers and deflating them.

Did you see my chart from euc world ,,, wheel log 

How much do you weigh?

Edited by stephen

2 hours ago, stephen said:

There's more to this, what are they hiding? if it doesn't change they have found something wrong maybe in the firmware or hardware 🤔

Right. The new motor is incompatible with the current battery. When battery is below 70%, a fast acceleration provokes a huge drop in battery voltage. Dangerous! The lower battery capacity, the most severe voltage drop. Just monitor your wheel variables when driving. It is not safe. This is the only explanation I figure out to introduce the "safety tiltback" when battery is not full. Otherwise, if you drive fast, accelerate, and voltage decrease, the motor can not properly control/stabilise undesirable situations. They realised a few days ago with the photo of "hand in blood" using firmware v1.05? And proposed the conservative v1.06???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

No, I've tested 1.06 and don't find the warnings I get at 24 mph @ 40% annoying because I don't tend to push it above 25 mph generally at full power.

I mean ultimately you are arguing about a few miles per hour, the difference between say 28 and 24, - giving up 4 mph for a safety margin is a no brainer.   Hell even if it it was 20 mph, I would not find it an issue as a trade off for safety.    20 mph is still more than enough to get seriously hurt, and frankly I rather have the power reserve for hitting an unseen pot hole and staying upright than risking a break or worse... That seems a fair trade off for me. 

It depend on your weight. buffer=battery output power - load consumption(more heavier, more load consumption)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Micheal Shen said:

Do you notice the speed on APP?

The app seems off.  I tend you use GPS tracking.

I take it from your response, this is not a speed I should be achieving?

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

220 pounds.

Thx mike im 200lbs I'll do more testing

5 hours ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:

Right. The new motor is incompatible with the current battery. When battery is below 70%, a fast acceleration provokes a huge drop in battery voltage. Dangerous! The lower battery capacity, the most severe voltage drop. Just monitor your wheel variables when driving. It is not safe. This is the only explanation I figure out to introduce the "safety tiltback" when battery is not full. Otherwise, if you drive fast, accelerate, and voltage decrease, the motor can not properly control/stabilise undesirable situations. They realised a few days ago with the photo of "hand in blood" using firmware v1.05? And proposed the conservative v1.06???

It would be nice for an explanation for the harsh limitations other than just say saftey and then we wouldn't presume .

1.05 has been good firmware for you?

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Yeah and this is when you charge it to 100%, i charge my wheels mostly on 80% just for long rides on 100%; so i would have even less fun before throttling starts. :furious:

Good point👍

25 minutes ago, Tadas said:

Took me whole day to make this graph, each point is a tiltback event. I don't think anyone else has done such extensive test

I think eveyone appreciates the time it took it's a well detailed graph ,and to everyone elses input though all these forums we have a good community and try to resolve many issues 

Thanks 👍 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I also like that @Micheal Shen were very clear about if you want speed then KS is not supposed to be your first choice, maybe not even second choice. 

That's true that's why I've got my MSX for speed ,some of us bought the ks16x knowing the limits was less than the msx ,and at 31mph down to 25% battery was perfect for me for a second not so fast wheel until they changed it , at least I'm glad they are looking into it and willing to let others test it for them , they have also requested my weight (200lbs) not your lightest or heaviest rider either , 

27 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I just upgraded to FW1.06 As My max speed so far is 35 kmh so I am not getting hit by this as much

But you are hitting them and you will do even more and more  it would be nice to have the choice ,

29 minutes ago, Unventor said:

right now we are getting police crank down on escooter riders that are speeding, running red lights, going 2 on one escooter....so going fast is a bad idea imho as EUC speed limit is 20kmh

you can still set alarms and tiltback where you want 👍

30 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But I rather that KS show they have a safety concern so we might at some point get a legal speed raise.

I'm all for saftey tbh, just because the speed raised it doesn't mean you have to do it ,,,i don't , but it's nice to have it there when needed and i think kingsong know they have gone over the top with the limits , they have produced an excellent wheel😊👍

Thanks for the post just thought I'd put my thoughts at side of some of your valid points thanks 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stephen said:

Omg that's crazy ,lol at everyone's face as you pass them and turn around to look 😀👍. The green in the eyes 👍

I take some footage today. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Make sure you play some KISS as you’re cruising around! Maybe hashtag #kissarmy on social media and see if you can get Gene to acknowledge it! Lol

Worth a try although the last time I received a personal response from a rock band was Two Live Crew in the 90s. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yes it does ruin your pleasure ride i was constantly looking at my pebble watch so i was ready for the tiltback , it also puts your saftey at risk as I'd rather watch where i was going rather than watch my watch 😀

I've been mailing too with Kingsong, wanted to know my weight as well :D

24 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Ha you should try playing Two Live Crew from your 16X! Maybe you can offend some folks! 😛

Now that's an image! Some guy on one wheel, with a crazy tongue-sticking-out face on the front, blasting "me so horny" as he rides by lol

• Like 3