Jump to content
Jean Dublin

KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's an obscure reference. One that I still don't fully get :blink1: I wonder if Stephen has a clue :)

You Americans crack me up... !!!   :D;):facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Just had a face plant @ Speed maybe 45kph  on dirt

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out ????

Version 1.05 firmware

As I'm laying in the dirt wheel tells me to please de-ccelerate 🤣

Battery 72%

Always wearing full face protection and body armor and pads nose  kinda took bit of a hit as visor pushed up hard and  knee pad hard cover ripped from its rivets ,knee is bloody and painful

Not even 200mts into ride

Not having any beebs definitely makes it hurt more...

Seriously, how fast were you going / how hard were you accelerating? Is it possible that you didn't hear the beebs beeps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i was accelerating and then face plant no reaction time and the joyous sound of  please de-celerate in my ears  and my face in the dirt

I'm 67 kg suited and booted 

I only just ordered a new helmet and pads set 3 days ago 

Edited by Gaz Bon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Well i was accelerating and then face plant no reaction time and the joyous sound of  please de-celerate in my ears  and my face in the dirt

I'm 67 kg suited and booted 

I only just ordered a new helmet and pads set 3 days ago 

Hmm I'm starting to believe is it because of the new 2200W motor like what others have said :efeeab781c:

This new motor is either inefficient or drawing much more power when massive torque is required resulting battery sag more often.. Kingsong just realize this that's why the rolling out aggressive throttling patch. I'm sure they getting more feed back from their customers in China but we just not hearing it here.

I wish they just using the 18XL motor like what they intended before the last minute change. That motor is fast enough and reliable. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kens said:

Hmm I'm starting to believe is it because of the new 2200W motor like what others have said :efeeab781c:

This new motor is either inefficient or drawing much more power when massive torque is required resulting battery sag more often.. Kingsong just realize this that's why the rolling out aggressive throttling patch. I'm sure they getting more feed back from their customers in China but we just not hearing it here.

I wish they just using the 18XL motor like what they intended before the last minute change. That motor is fast enough and reliable. What do you guys think?

All of the comments like this suggest that the new motor NEEDS 2200W to perform! Remember that they all work with much less power than that.

The stated number is just an indication of how much it can use in a sustained manner... (for example) Riding at 5 mph will use a lot less than that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've 3.14... last few days update 3.17 popped up. Yesterday update 3.16 popped up. (Android)... Did anyone update and is everything good with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Just had a face plant @ Speed maybe 45kph  on dirt

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out ????

Version 1.05 firmware

As I'm laying in the dirt wheel tells me to please de-ccelerate 🤣

Battery 72%

Always wearing full face protection and body armor and pads nose  kinda took bit of a hit as visor pushed up hard and  knee pad hard cover ripped from its rivets ,knee is bloody and painful

Damn, f__k protective gear. :furious:The most important thing now is to have accurate data and no felt / guessed speed! :eff04a58a6: What is so hard about starting WheelLog before the start, so we can see the exact speed, voltage drop and amps before the cut-off. :confused1:

Just kidding :efee612b4b:, but please, next time use WheelLog AND protective gear. :thumbup:

Edited by buell47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's an obscure reference. One that I still don't fully get :blink1: I wonder if Stephen has a clue :)

On Ilkley Moor bar t'at  meaning with out a hat 

lol its that cold you need one😀

 

 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You sound & look cold. Is summer already over for you? :(

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig :)

Don't forget to do some normal riding and just observe how it rides. We're not all going to be zooming around at 25-mph all the time. Just the usual mix. Hopefully the average riding experience with this new firmware will be good and enjoyable.

It is getting colder now summers messily over ,, but i do go to Bulgaria next week holiday😊

I'll do some normal riding, the usual mix is what even my range tests are we don't really have routes what go on for miles it's all Streets, parks , woods and whatever we can find lol , i don't usually go above 25mph often ,i usually zip about at anything upto 25 mph maybe a tad more 👍 i am loving the wheel though

6 hours ago, Flying W said:

if it's safe enough for kingsong maybe full bore to 50%

The new firmware is full bore down to 50% I've not tested what it is under that yet👍 i won't be testing full bore though I've never done full bore on any wheel . That why i asked kingsong about the extreme throttling below 50% because we don't want our fun to stop below that. Still testing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, stephen said:

On Ilkley Moor bar t'at  meaning with out a hat 

lol its that cold you need one😀

 

 

It is getting colder now summers messily over ,, but i do go to Bulgaria next week holiday😊

I'll do some normal riding, the usual mix is what even my range tests are we don't really have routes what go on for miles it's all Streets, parks , woods and whatever we can find lol , i don't usually go above 25mph often ,i usually zip about at anything upto 25 mph maybe a tad more 👍 i am loving the wheel though

The new firmware is full bore down to 50% I've not tested what it is under that yet👍 i won't be testing full bore though I've never done full bore on any wheel . That why i asked kingsong about the extreme throttling below 50% because we don't want our fun to stop below that. Still testing it

I've watched two videos on this and I still can't understand what the hell they're talking about and what this has to do with a hat or Stephen's riding conditions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I've watched two videos on this and I still can't understand what the hell they're talking about and what this has to do with a hat or Stephen's riding conditions :)

On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at is a folk song from Yorkshire, England. It is sung in the ... [ wearing] the hat"; idiomatically "On Ilkley Moor without (i.e. bar) the hat". ..

 

And me ,,on one of my videos  I'm not wearing a helmet (hat)  ,, it's a Yorkshire thing 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Just had a face plant @ Speed maybe 45kph  on dirt

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out 

Version 1.05 firmware

Wow, 45 kph is 27 mph! Are you ok?

Was it a cut out or over lean? Can you post your wheelog?

A 100V wheel would’ve had an extra 16V to balance you. 

Edited by chrisjunlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my msx i can speed to 28mph which is safe for that motor  i didn't buy the ks16x to go top speed, going top speed on any wheels maximum is pushing your luck  , I've always said i absolutely love everything about the ks16x until the throttling started early in just hoping the 16x has fun speed throughout the near bottom of the battery 25-35at least .

I for one won't be testing upto 31 mph so might need someone else for that 😬

This wheel can accelerate to 25mph very very quick maybe near top speed the wheels acceleration is that fast it hits the limit to quick and decelerate warning and cuts out in a split moment 

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Just had a face plant @ Speed maybe 45kph  on dirt

 

Maybe we have to tell @RoberAce that he needs to be more careful, because he is riding like a demon. :D

And i wonder what @Kuji Rolls is saying to all this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Just had a face plant @ Speed maybe 45kph  on dirt

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out ????

Glad you survived without too much damage! Just wish we could see the data on this one to know root cause. The fact that you heard "please decelerate" right after falling may indicate your wheel lost traction on the dirt surface and spun out well above 45kph. I've been riding around like a hellion on v1.05 and I weigh 65kg. I was thinking I was "more safe" as I'm a light rider! I'm certain I've surpassed 27mph < 72% battery many times, but only on smooth roads and not while riding over loose dirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow, 45 kph is 27 mph! Are you ok?

Was it a cut out or over lean? Can you post your wheelog?

A 100V wheel would’ve had an extra 26V to balance you. 

So I only use wheel log for current trip so no record or data saved 

After crash was bit dazed so never looked at any data 

So riding hard tilt  back set at 50 kph and 3rd warning Alm at 48kph 

Have rode this trail many times on the MSX no dramas and at similar speed 

I can see the benefit now of and the why to wheel log

Only other thing is just had changes ride mode to hard from my norm medium 

 

 

Edited by Gaz Bon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ps feels like I might have a mild case of whip lash to boot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As here the Kingsong engineers are mentioned quite often, they could look to implement a dynamic tiltback based on speed, current/acceleration and battery voltage. @Micheal Shen@US69 - that would guarantee safe driving (constant safety margin for all riding styles) and let the riders use the really maximum speed.

I already sketched this out (roughly) in 

Could be worth the effort to "push" the engineers in this direction?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

After crash was bit dazed so never looked at any data 

Seems not entirely true as here's a snap shot of wheel log after fall

Screenshot_20190907-124850_WheelLog.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

A 100V wheel would’ve had an extra 26V to balance you. 

And a 67V wheel would’ve fallen right at the start? That’s not how it goes. It’s the voltage per cell that matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

44 minutes ago, Chriull said:

implement a dynamic tiltback based on speed, current/acceleration and battery voltage.

This would be magnificent! And a true safety feature for all riders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...