KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out ????

I sure hope it was that and not the wheel. You weren't that fast and you certainly aren't that heavy at 67kg!!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
spelling
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

Wheel cut out no warning no beebs  maybe lost traction and wheel span out ????

I know things happen fast when falling but do you definitely know it it was a cut out or lost traction seems weird as it said please decelerate after the fall??

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I sure hope it was that and not the wheel. You weren't that fast and you certainly aren't that heavy at 67kg!

What gets me is no other data shown even current journey should have been 2-300 Mts and avg speed ,

Maybe if after shut down came back on mid spin out ? 

Will be out again tomorrow same tracks wheel log collecting data this time 

3 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

This a snap of an earlier ride hit top speed and all data for trip 

Tilt back at 50 was well i might have peed myself a little 

Screenshot_20190907-215948_Gallery.jpg

@Gaz Bon what version of wheellog you using  my battery % doesn't work it constantly says 100%???

Edited by stephen

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

As here the Kingsong engineers are mentioned quite often, they could look to implement a dynamic tiltback based on speed, current/acceleration and battery voltage. @Micheal Shen@US69 - that would guarantee safe driving (constant safety margin for all riding styles) and let the riders use the really maximum speed.

I already sketched this out (roughly) in 

Could be worth the effort to "push" the engineers in this direction?!

Yes, you are onto something BUT:

The biggest problem is SUDDEN acceleration for a given speed.

You could derive a formulation for tiltback speed based on the variation of Voltage divided by  the integral of Current variations(caused by accelerations) over a short period. (Which in fact will give you the DYNAMIC variation of the internal resistance of the BATTERY(!)  )   That would take care of temperature dependance.

First problem: The tiltback speed will still be unpredictable for the rider unless there is a display.

Second problem:  if the rider(or a road bump forces him) SUDDENLY changes his behavior you will still have a faceplant!

The real answer is simply(!) to increase the margin by having a higher efficiency motor for the projected SPEED that the "fans" want, OR   rewind the motor for less torque and more speed.

If I was marketing I would offer two versions with two  different vocations!

16XT 

16XS

T for TORQUE, S for SPEED!

I could be wrong, as always...

Hey, this is still a very nice wheel... If I was in the market I would buy the T version! That is: the present version...

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, stephen said:

I know things happen fast when falling but do you definitely know it it was a cut out or lost traction seems weird as it said please decelerate after the fall??

@stephen

This is not uncommon ...

A week ago, I rode walking speed...(very slow) , as I was approaching a very low and small sidewalk curb. I have ridden over this maybe a thousand times but this time I did not manage to keep my balance so I just jumped off it. Had this been my earlier wheel, the ks14s, it would have just lied down on the side with no drama...

Instead, my 16X continued about 1meter and did a 360 almost (over its top handle) before it fell down on its side 🙄. My Beaty is now scratched 😥.

When this happened the wheel kept spinning and announced the standard “please decelerate “ as mentioned above before I picked it up. My total range is 500 and am 65kg, travel around 10-15km in trails every day for work. Fw 05

@Gaz Bon, hope you recover fast and get well soon.

Edited by Azze80
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, pico said:

Yes, you are onto something BUT:

The biggest problem is SUDDEN acceleration for a given speed.

You could derive a formulation for tiltback speed based on the variation of Voltage divided by  the integral of Current variations(caused by accelerations) over a short period. (Which in fact will give you the DYNAMIC variation of the internal resistance of the BATTERY(!)  )   That would take care of temperature dependance.

First problem: The tiltback speed will still be unpredictable for the rider unless there is a display.

Second problem:  if the rider(or a road bump forces him) SUDDENLY changes his behavior you will still have a faceplant!

The real answer is simply(!) to increase the margin by having a higher efficiency motor for the projected SPEED that the "fans" want, OR   rewind the motor for less torque and more speed.

If I was marketing I would offer two versions with two  different vocations!

16XT 

16XS

Hey, this is still a very nice wheel... If I was in the market I would buy the T version! That is: the present version...

The torque is excellent just don't push the wheel to its max speed . Any wheel you try to the max speed is living dangerously and the ks16x delivers the speed so quick your son going over the max 

I love the torque of this motor 😊

• Like 1

Ohhh! Hint for Kingsong engineers. Play with Y and Delta configurations for the winding if you go for XS.

Edited by pico

3 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Instead, my 16X continued about 1meter and did a 360 almost (over its top handle) before it fell down on its side 🙄. My Beaty is now scratched

I think it did that because it didn't fall down on its side , it would stop if it had leaned over 45 degrees but it was still upright and the torque kicked in when you jumped off and probably pushed the pedal when you did .. Does that seem possible

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think it did that because it didn't fall down on its side , it would stop if it had leaned over 45 degrees but it was still upright and the torque kicked in when you jumped off and probably pushed the pedal when you did .. Does that seem possible

Understand what you mean, but why did it continue when it was lying down? Maybe I picked it up too quickly and maybe it was about to stop after the warning....

cause come to think of it I somehow interrupted it and the wheel was still spinning when I grabbed the handle. Makes sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

And a 67V wheel would’ve fallen right at the start? That’s not how it goes. It’s the voltage per cell that matters.

I’m talking about back EMF. Apparently 27mph on the 2200W motor is pushing it. Having a 100V system would give you 16V extra buffer since the back EMF would be the same for this speed (assuming same motor windings, same wheel, same rider, same firmware, etc).

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I doubt it is a cut out.  What you describe seem more like it lost traction.  That is why when the wheel fell on the side it was still speeding up and you hear please decelerate.  If it was a cut out, you wouldn't hear anything after it fell.

Correct, when I did it with a 14S, I did not hear this, but the music was still playing 😂

It was like, “I don’t want to die completely ” :),

When l lifted it upright again it started to work at once... I didn’t have to restart it. Does that classify as cutoff? @eddiemoy

7 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Correct, when I did it with a 14S, I did not hear this, but the music was still playing 😂

It was like, “I don’t want to die completely ” :),

When l lifted it upright again it started to work at once... I didn’t have to restart it. Does that classify as cutoff? @eddiemoy

Cutoff = power off due to overloading the control circuit.

Overlean = you lean and the wheel can't catch you fast enough; power remains on

Just now, chrisjunlee said:

Cutoff = power off due to overloading the control circuit.

Ahh, so in my case overlean👍🏻

Makes sense... too heavy on the pedal, my bad😒

3 hours ago, Azze80 said:

So in my case this may have been what happened 

Smaller wheel easier to overlean than 18 wheel  going over same terrain 

All the same I still see this as a problem 

Wheel will let you accelerate with no reserves of power ,riding on the slippery edge

I would sacrifice acceleration and speed

8 hours ago, stephen said:

for power reserve / torque

9 hours ago, pico said:

I was marketing I would offer two versions with two  different vocations!

16XT 

16XS

Yep T version that would have my name all over it 

• Like 2