KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

56 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So looking how people moan here about KS choices on behavior of KS16X and safety, imho if speed is your thrill, why then buy a KS wheel in the first place. Even more moan about speed throttling? I guess I am just plain and simple daft not getting it. 🤔

Because there are other things beside speed and safety that 16X has that other wheel does not (looks, dimensions, best trolley handle, seat option, etc..).

It's like you only riding your ferrari @ 65mph max and wonder why everybody complaining the best looking car in the world got limited to 65mph top speed.. Sure you can buy Toyota but you will not have that engine sound, that gorgeous seats, those steering wheel, those driving dynamic etc..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

So the last time the King Song app was updated in the Apple Store (iOS) was 4 months ago.

We know we have have issues requiring a new version to read the power level - when can we expect the new version app?

@Micheal Shensaid it should happen soon. But that message has been repeated a few times now. 

But I guess they have issues getting the code cleared. I a way I think that is a good thing, to avoid garbage programming. (my speculation only, I don't know what actually is going on) 

Or waiting on new things we have not seen yet. Products to be released or new firmware functionality.

I fully understand that people want some sort of commitment as our wheels function are tied so heavy to apps that could have been better made (imho). Now I am on Android but I do think apps need more tlf from their developer and a real overhaul to text/translation in general. 

I like my KS18L and KS16X. The KS app not nearly as impressive to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, Kens said:

Because there are other things beside speed and safety that 16X has that other wheel does not (looks, dimensions, best trolley handle, seat option, etc..).

It's like you only riding your ferrari @ 65mph max and wonder why everybody complaining the best looking car in the world got limited to 65mph top speed.. Sure you can buy Toyota but you will not have that engine sound, that gorgeous seats, those steering wheel, those driving dynamic etc..

And here I though people wanted quiet wheels... 

Then they wanted more speed... 

Then more torque.. 

Then a new tire... 

Then a wheel that was like those before it... 

Yet no throttleing... 

And KS/dealers are still shipping out first batch, and fine tuning FW for all above "deal breaking" demands. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

And here I though people wanted quiet wheels... 

Then they wanted more speed... 

Then more torque.. 

Then a new tire... 

Then a wheel that was like those before it... 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b22d81c1ea33d21190

10 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Yet no throttleing... 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76113c19b7d1101c57d821

Nobody asking for 50% throttling..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sure, at 50% the throttle speed is still faster then most of my riding. OK by me. But at 40% it's going to be slower, and 30% even slower.

I've had to live with KingSong throttling for years and it has always bothered me when it kicks in. The 18XL was their first wheel where it never really bothered me. But at 50%, I know this would want me to put the wheel in my closet.

So question here is how you demand power from the wheel and if it think it can deliver it. 

As you get lower on you battery, would you still push the wheel as aggressively? With your steep off-road trails and experience...and at what speed? 

Then discussing this in% battery really make very little sense to compare between wheels and brands. Here to really compare you need to talk effect/Watts meaning volts X current. % is a relative term, even volts doesn't give the full picture. 

The only real true comparison would only work if riders are same weight and follow one another. 

And still ride responsiveness, comfort, practically use are things to consider too. 

IMHO there is much complex bigger picture to view here than a relative % of a throttling kicking in. And look at @US69KS are listning and optimizi g this right now. With a safety concern on the top of the todo list.

In the mean time I enjoy what I bought. Might much better down the line, like on my KS18L and fw 1.12/1.13 update. 

To me this is still a huge talk about a storm in a glass of water.... 

IMHO KS is on the right track, might not be home yet, but I think the direction is right, so I am happy. 

6 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

The 16X motor:

• grinds/vibrates at low speeds like a restaurant pager on steroids. It's possible it's Kingsong proprietary anti-fatigue deep tissue foot massage technology.

OK... I noticed the grinding feel only after I switched from Learner Mode to Experient Mode. Learner Mode has no grind vibrations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Well I am with you! My personal comfort zone is around 25mph max. Yes I know my Z will max out around 28mph anyway, but I have no desire to 'chip' it even though its possible, nor buy a faster wheel. For me, any quicker and I would be on an ebike or a moped/motorcycle. The current EUC design just isnt physically stable enough for more speed imo unless you are on billiard table surfaces which I just havent got nearby in the uk. If and when EUC's get suspension I think it will be a game-changer but until then, a non suspended single wheel at 25mph+ is like playing russian roulette whether kitted up or not. I'm 47 with a family and I decided to bail out of 30 years motorcycling due to safety concerns and I shit you not, I have had more scares on an EUC at 25mph than I ever did on bikes at 70mph (distance related).

LOL... me, too.  I only have 18 years riding a Motorcycle.

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

When you get used to the gyro action, your brain needs 5-10 minutes to swap programs when jumping back on a regular non-gyro wheel.  This is the only reason I didn't stay with the CX tire even though I also learned to love it.  I have other wheels and I don't like the adjustment period between gyro and non-gyro.

Yes I understand. That’s why I mentioned that when I first tried the new tire, I was not used to it even though it was “better”. Because I had been wheeling quite frequently with my 16X and getting used to the #1 batch tire that I eventually adapted to it and loved it. 

I haven’t gotten back to riding my MSX(still trying to find a good reason to use it over my 16X at this point when I head out), but I wonder if I will be able to ride my msx like I used to or will I have to adjust again 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Yes I understand. That’s why I mentioned that when I first tried the new tire, I was not used to it even though it was “better”. Because I had been wheeling quite frequently with my 16X and getting used to the #1 batch tire that I eventually adapted to it and loved it. 

I haven’t gotten back to riding my MSX(still trying to find a good reason to use it over my 16X at this point when I head out), but I wonder if I will be able to ride my msx like I used to or will I have to adjust again 🤣🤣🤣

there is definitely an adjustment.  Not sure if the the frequency of the swap will decrease the time it takes to adjust.  LOL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

there is definitely an adjustment.  Not sure if the the frequency of the swap will decrease the time it takes to adjust.  LOL

All i can say is i am definitely enjoying the KS16X very much. Im sticking with V1.05 at the moment and 1st batch tire. Looks like my MSX is going to be a white elephant soon...

:)

Edited by Garrie Lim
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Micheal Shensaid it should happen soon. But that message has been repeated a few times now.

I actually emailed their tech support team yesterday trying to volunteer as a beta tester for it but was told testing is over, it has been submitted now just waiting on Apple to approve the new version.

Edited by prasket
removed question about 1.06
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

It's most apparent braking downhill. Try going slow, 2 mph slow, and you'll feel the grinding. 

Ahh I have felt this going down some of the steep hills around us. I didn't think anything of it rather than it doing its job keeping me from crashing down the hill ha.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mishkin said:

@Tadas I have the 16S and am planning to go to either the 16X or the 18XL. Both choices are for more range, but then of course after that the wheels vary in other wys.  I'm curious if you have some comments comparing the two in your experience/use case.

I am struggling to find any benefit to 18XL... 18XL probably has better range, but with the huge battery packs, I don't care about range.

9 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I own both and the 16 X is leagues better in my opinion. 

Agreed!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Patton250 said:

So just out of curiosity if you bought a magnificent Mercedes-Benz, and they are magnificent, and it was advertised as 450 hp and then when you got it you noticed that it throttled back the horsepower significantly according to its GPS location. So in other words if you were in a 60 mph zone it would reduce the horsepower by 50%. Would that not severely anger you?  It’s false advertisement. Unless of course when Mercedes released the specs they told you of this. Well king song did not. That’s all we’re saying. In fact they seem to change the rules as we go.

It's not a fair comparison. We're riding on one wheel. The wheel always needs a reserve of power to maintain balance.

If I hit a pothole at high speed and fall forwards, the wheel needs huge power to catch up. Voltage drop is a real thing with the batteries.

Edited by Tadas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tadas said:

During my strong lean the voltage dropped from 79 V to 69 V

Maybe the new motor draws much more power compared to the other 2000W motors and will therefore be throttled earlier? (I'm not sure if I already said this here or on Facebook)