KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

As far as I know, yes. I toasted my MSX on a stupendously steep hill. No alarms. People that have been overleaned various GW models have not mentioned hearing an alarm, unless they were nearing the speed threshold.

Excellent point! 

12 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I just came back from testing the new CYT tire.  Very nice!  Noticed throttling started at 76V with new firmware V1.06.  Sucks!  I was only able to go up to 45kmph, when throttling started, before it said please decelerate.  WTF.

I really hope this is a mistake and kingsong fix the throttling.  Why not have it set up like the XL? 

@US69 is this intentional on kingsong's part? Even my 16s doesnt throttle at 74%. 

Of the nicola can go faster (84volt one) further into the discharge then the 16x can too. It's not like we are hearing about cut outs on the nicola. Even my 14in mcm5 will let me go 40kph at half charge and in the last 2k miles it hasnt dropped me on my face. 

I think kingsong is going a too far on the safety side with this. It's almost like they gave in to 31mph for marketings sake but quickly drop you back to 28mph where they wanted it to be originally, which the mcm5 can hit on a full charge.....on a 14in freek'n wheel.

If I didnt want to buy a 16x I'm sure this wouldn't bug me as bad but come on kingsong make this right!

On 8/31/2019 at 4:48 PM, Unventor said:

In original specifications it stated that speed reduction didn't happen until 25% battery and it lowers linear. This was also confirmed long time back, by @US69 in this very thread.

I serious doubt they changed that. 

Not linear, the controller will adjust the max speed by judging the current(real-time) output voltage of the battery pack. when accelerate, the weight also affect the output voltage. 120kg / 60kg will make the motor assume different power.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

Tested 1.06 for 20km and it SUCKS. :crying:

the speed reduction is a big joke, I really hope this wasn't on purpose because it's ridiculous.

If they don't change this, I'm gonna try and downgrade back to 1.05 which was perfect for me.

I gonna stick with 1.05 also as dident buy a 1600 Wh wheel to have it further regulated, one of the main reasons i bought was the fact throttling started at 25 % not 50%

The wheel should be upgraded with firmware updates not the reverse

• Like 3

On 8/31/2019 at 7:17 AM, chrisjunlee said:

I've had no issues going 45 kmh at 22% battery. Besides pedal dipping becoming much easier at low battery of course.

The KS16X does ease you into 35 kmh. You can read about that effect in my wheelogs.

Ride weight and accelerate agressively will affect max speed. If accelerate smoothly, there is no problem.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:54 PM, RoadRunner said:

Pimped my X a little. :ph34r:

F2A06F6F-7255-4C5D-87D3-58EDEFEA2B72.thumb.jpeg.316fb6045afa2618a0fcdeccb50e9b3c.jpeg

Very Nice! Great white accents! Love the storm trooper!

I’m going in a totally different direction when Gene Simmons mask arrives this week. 

48664424028_5b062dc8f4_b.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Flying W said:

I think kingsong is going a too far on the safety side with this. It's almost like they gave in to 31mph for marketings sake but quickly drop you back to 28mph where they wanted it to be originally, which the mcm5 can hit on a full charge.....on a 14in freek'n wheel.

If I didnt want to buy a 16x I'm sure this wouldn't bug me as bad but come on kingsong make this right!

Wow, this might be a deal breaker for me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slashebeest said:

They should have mentioned this in the firmware log, I was at 70% or something and had tiltback at 43km/h while not expecting it

For the heavier people it's shit , some of us know our limits about voltage ,but come on 70% is to safe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Ride weight and accelerate agressively will affect max speed. If accelerate smoothly, there is no problem.

4 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Michael, is it possible to explain Kingsong’s decision making process before implementing a new firmware update?

Obviously KS identifies a firmware problem that needs to be tweaked but are there any FW updates based on input from EUC forum member’s observations, facts or evidence based data? 

Edited by Rehab1

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Problem with these restrictions is that many have been riding the wheel aggressively without incident.  And this restriction screams bullshit. And people didn’t buy the wheel to get these restrictions.  You will have a full on revolt.  These wheels are not cheap.   And some will feel cheated as it may be their primary wheel.  KS need to fix this.  

@US69

Cant cancel mine

Screenshot_20190902_144853_com.android.email.png

4 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Good grief. They will fix it. Lol

Wouldn't mind i emailed speedyfeet other day and said will he update it and do the Bluetooth fix lol

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Problem with these restrictions is that many have been riding the wheel aggressively without incident.  And this restriction screams bullshit. And people didn’t buy the wheel to get these restrictions.  You will have a full on revolt.  These wheels are not cheap.   And some will feel cheated as it may be their primary wheel.  KS need to fix this.  

@US69

That's exactly how I feel after my first 180km full of fun at 1.05

If ks doesn't undo this, I hope someone with a rooted android can share his 1.05 firmware.

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Very Nice! Great white accents! Love the storm trooper!

I’m going in a totally different direction when Gene Simmons mask arrives this week. 

48664424028_5b062dc8f4_b.jpg

Honestly, I do think stuck mud gard both looks and will work better too. Maybe the red rear lights look cool in the eyes, but still..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slashebeest said:

If ks doesn't undo this, I hope someone with a rooted android can share his 1.05 firmware

How would you update it even if you had the firmware? 

To late for me now speedyfeet updated mine and said the firmware is working great 🙄

I'll report back tomorrow when i receive my wheel,, still excited tbh,  i don't want it for speed but would like the option just incase i ever needed the extra 

Edited by stephen

Someone here did this with a 16s, it involves a rooted android and you have to make the kingsong app think there's a new firmware by modifying a json file so it accepts the older firmware as an upgrade.

Despite this, the 16x still rides amazing, give it some time to adjust and you will love it :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'll keep mine at 1.05 until we get more feedback from the KS experts/liaisons or KS themselves.  The extra niceties included with 1.06 just aren't worth having performance throttled so quickly.  Wonder if some of the larger dealers have a direct line to KS to find out why such a drastic change to performance thresholds?

• Like 2