KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

18 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Another thing I forgot to mention is out of all my wheels I love the thickness of the Nikola the best.  I don’t use the pads so without those the way I straddle it feels most comfortable of any wheel.  I’m just going to keep at it. Couple of members here that have been very helpful suggest that time will make the wobble  go away. I hope so. To me the Nic+ is a keeper. 

Remind me, how long have you been riding now?

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Remind me, how long have you been riding now?

Not as much as I would have liked but far far more than I dared to hope for. 😏

Since my commute to work is short, it is very very very hard to impress you Marty. 😪

And now I am getting the joy to learn to ride... Again. :thumbup:

It is awesome 😎

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Only a year. And only a five months with the fat wheeled EUCs. 

A year? Hmmm. You should certainly be beyond the wobbles stage. It's a mystery I tell you :)

• Like 1

I'm against the Throttling update... but I have to consider the fact I know nothing. I know I purchased the 16X for the style, Top Speed and Range and KingSong reputation (reliability in a Wild wild west industry).  The consequences of a cutoff is broken bone, face and job. So, I mainly go by what is posted in this forum. I am trusting KingSong is calculating the Risk to Consequences, which is not easy and really they are in China and no laws are really making them doing the responsible thing. Other than a long term game method. 

13 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys,

@chrisjunlee
I've tested a friends Nikola plus to compare with KS16X (fw1.06), I used "dragracer" app to see how fast both EUCs reaches different set speeds, here are my personal results :

Nikola Plus :

20kph = 1.9s / 30kph = 2.8s / 40 kph = 4.2s / 50 kph = 5.7s

KS16X :

20kph = 1.7s / 30kph = 2.5s / 40 kph = 4.1s / 50 kph = 6.1s

My feeling on both EUC's is that KS accelerates faster, but I am having more trouble reaching top speed on the KS16X because of tilt back, I don't feel as comfortable around 50kph with the KS while the Nikola can pass it with ease ! Actually I've put more miles on the Nikola, I am a little less used to the 16X. I accelerated on flat surface with 90-100% battery as fast I could. Both are very powerful EUCs and I think they are both excellent, Nikola has a more "smooth" initial feeling like riding on a magic carpet, the Kingsong is a little more "rough" but still very smooth. I feel that at low and medium speeds (from 0 to 30kph) 16X is more nimble, at higher speeds it's very similar. Of course Nikola has a much higher top speed.
Regarding the 1.06 firmware of the KS16X, I changed my mind on it, it's awful because I only get about 40kph at 74V now. I wish they will fix it in 1.07 firmware.

Thanks, never though of using an app!  Good results and pretty much confirm what most of us were feeling on the acceleration that the 16X is quicker with the new firmware.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

Just been out for quick 15 miles on the 16x it's a pocket rocket, it's not small but it sure does feel like it , it's like shit off a stick , acceleration is outstanding you soon get up to speed quick, I've not got tiltback now because I've unlocked it to 50kmh ,, only took half hour lol,, all I'm doing is dashing about the feelings ace 😁😁

I also have faith in kingsong lowering the limit a bit more like 35-40% before throttle

Amazing machine I'm well happy,👍

Loved you video, Raw comment style 👍

I do not ride this at a 1/10 of your skills, but learning still. Readjusting my ridestyle and testing things. Dusting off my V8 style. 

Just curious, the pedals. I have fairly small feet. Like 40eu, 7uk or 6.5us size. I find these perfect for my feet. I have not compared them with Jason pedals (yet) but they feel wider to me. 

How do you think these compare to your Z10 pedals? 

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

35 to 40% throttling is still horrible IMO. Go for a 35+ mile ride and tell me you aren't upset that it's throttling you when all you want to do is get back home.

I know what you mean ,if it's nice tommow I'll run the battery down ,i can't usually go full speed everywhere as we don't have mile's of trails here but im sure it will annoy me at some point , I'll do honest reviews over time ,it sure does get upto suited quick so might notice it lower down on the battery 👍 in curious to see what milage i get 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Loved you video, Raw comment style 👍

I do not ride this at a 1/10 of your skills, but learning still. Readjusting my ridestyle and testing things. Dusting off my V8 style. 

Just curious, the pedals. I have fairly small feet. Like 40eu, 7uk or 6.5us size. I find these perfect for my feet. I have not compared them with Jason pedals (yet) but they feel wider to me. 

How do you think these compare to your Z10 pedals? 

First of all thanks for the nice comment 

I've got a microphone now so looking forward to doing some better commentary videos 😁

The 16x pedal are perfect size and I'm liking the width, which is about the same as the Z10 but with extra length☺️

The 16x feels like the z10 and msx all in one but without the speed of the msx but added turbo on the 16x 😁

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi guys,

@chrisjunlee
I've tested a friends Nikola plus to compare with KS16X (fw1.06), I used "dragracer" app to see how fast both EUCs reaches different set speeds, here are my personal results :

Nikola Plus :

20kph = 1.9s / 30kph = 2.8s / 40 kph = 4.2s / 50 kph = 5.7s

KS16X :

20kph = 1.7s / 30kph = 2.5s / 40 kph = 4.1s / 50 kph = 6.1s

You're awesome! Have a cookie 🍪

Is dragracer the best app to use?

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

35 to 40% throttling is still horrible IMO. Go for a 35+ mile ride and tell me you aren't upset that it's throttling you when all you want to do is get back home.

Well if all you want is to get back home then surely you are on the wrong wheel or in need:pooping:

Sorry this was too easy to pass, sorry😞

I never rode at top speed on my KS18L, as it seems not right comfortable to me. I am not likely to do that on my KS16X either. And of course our EUC speed limit is 20kmh anyway here in Sweden.

I can't see me doing more than 40kmh after my shoulder incident I rather be able to ride than risk a few kmh faster ride. Not worth it imho. 

Why people are so bloody focused on a few more kmh is simply beyond my comprehension. If speed is your rush then there are other ways to get "high" and with more thrills. 

But I guess your arm/shoulder are 100% mended and back to normal @Marty Backe?

I guess I am ridding my KS16X more like you use your Mten3. 

So looking how people moan here about KS choices on behavior of KS16X and safety, imho if speed is your thrill, why then buy a KS wheel in the first place. Even more moan about speed throttling? I guess I am just plain and simple daft not getting it. 🤔

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I can't see me doing more than 40kmh after my shoulder incident I rather be able to ride than risk a few kmh faster ride. Not worth it imho. 

Why people are so bloody focused on a few more kmh is simply beyond my comprehension. If speed is your rush then there are other ways to get "high" and with more thrills. 

Everything is a risk, and it is up to you to explore, understand and mitigate those risks.

And in contrast, I am a faster rider, but what people don't realize is I'm very conservative and calculated.

For example, I know the riskiest time to push it, is during corners. I go 60% on corners, in addition to taking 0 blind turns, and I late apex religiously.

lateapex.JPG.ab3e4e3f493cf6bdadcf9459e074e4ea.JPG

Likewise, during group rides, it may surprise you that I'm utterly boring. I don't weave in and out of traffic/bicycles, and my passing is boringly conservative. I use at least a 10 second buffer rule for bikers coming in the opposite lane. I stop at every stop sign, triple check, etc. @leadfeatherscan confirm this XD

I go fast on straightaways, geared up, with excellent visibility, and good road conditions. Why straightaways? Cause if I fall, that momentum is going to be scrubbed forward, with minimal chance of hitting something (vs cornering, you're going to hit a railguard, curb, pole, etc). We have excellent protective gear for abrasion. Impact, on the other hand, there is no protective gear that can save you beyond the initial nominal vertical fall.

With that said, of course there are times I get carried away from my rules, and I do get my "uh oh" moments :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well if all you want is to get back home then surely you are on the wrong wheel or in need:pooping:

Sorry this was too easy to pass, sorry😞

I never rode at top speed on my KS18L, as it seems not right comfortable to me. I am not likely to do that on my KS16X either. And of course our EUC speed limit is 20kmh anyway here in Sweden.

I guess I am ridding my KS16X more like you use your Mten3. 

So looking how people moan here about KS choices on behavior of KS16X and safety, imho if speed is your thrill, why then buy a KS wheel in the first place. Even more moan about speed throttling? I guess I am just plain and simple daft not getting it. 🤔

For me that’s not really it at all. Not even close my friend. Actually the more you get used to the 16X the more you will see it’s much easier and much more comfortable to get to 30 mph than the 18 XL. 

For me it’s about them restricting something too much. I understand safety and I’m glad they do it but I think they’ve gone to extremes on this. That’s all. I still absolutely love this wheel. I’ve stated many times it’s the best one I own. 

5 hours ago, stephen said:

So received my ks16x just now 😁 

To impatient to set anything up so thought I'd do something different .a no messing straight out of the box test , I'll do proper videos later 

Only been on it 10 minutes ,, what can i say but WOW,, FEELS LOVELY,, i know it's only a short one but here's the video , it's now on my 5amp charger and I'll do the speed settings but i want it full battery to really test it ,, tyre feels great btw

It definitely has the feeling of been a good trial/woods EUC feels so nimble and sets off so quick and I've not even tried yet😊

Sorry about the editing i didn't do any,, nothing prepared 😁😂 just straight out the box and ride 👍

Spot on.  It's fun.  It's a little like the z10 or mTen3.  Still has minor issues which will be resolved (I hope).

That dog is my hero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Well plug in half way like the OneWheel guys on a 15 mile trip ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Paolini said:

Spot on.  It's fun.  It's a little like the z10 or mTen3.  Still has minor issues which will be resolved (I hope).

That dog is my hero.

Dogs and wheels eeeh!   The little ones don't leg go lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tadas said:

I have KS18XL and now 16X. The 16X seems to demand higher current from the battery, it would explain the need for higher speed throttling than KS18XL.

@Tadas I have the 16S and am planning to go to either the 16X or the 18XL. Both choices are for more range, but then of course after that the wheels vary in other wys.  I'm curious if you have some comments comparing the two in your experience/use case.

Edited by Mishkin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

@Tadas I have the 16S and am planning to go to either the 16X or the 18XL. Both choices are for more range, but then of course after that the wheels vary in other wys.  I'm curious if you have some comments comparing the two in your experience/use case.

I own both and the 16 X is leagues better in my opinion. 

• Like 3