KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

35 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

I don't know if it's your dog profile pic, but man you're the most chill, dgaf rider ever. You can even have a pedal missing and you would be like "oh, I got used to it after a mile, wtv" 😆.

Thanks man.  I have several things in my life that I take very seriously but Hobbies isn’t one of them. :-)  Notice I didn’t use the “T” word  lol

Hobbies are (to me at least) to enjoy. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pingouin said:

I disabled the leds while riding

Lights; Is there an easy way to disable ALL lights (including headlight) while riding?  And of course the ability to toggle back & forth, lights on/lights off.

33 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Ok, just got done with tire change to CYT. I think I might have pinched the tube a little or loosen the valve stem.  Slow leak or something. I pumped it up to 20psi and went out side, tried to mount it and fell off.  Didn’t realize all the air was out.  Then I pumped it up again and the air stayed for my test run, 5 minutes.  Zero gyro.  Very familiar.  I LOVE IT.  I just have fix this slow leak.  Maybe some slime.  Wow is all I can say.  It rides so much better than the CST and light years better than the CX.  I’m going to order another one for the Nik+.  It corners so well, no new technique needed.  Just lean like I’m used to with the other KS wheels.  Anyone ordering the 16X now should have the CYT tire coming with it standard.  It was a little more difficult to put this tire on.  Side walls seem a lot stiffer.  Lucky I have the 16 tire irons. 

Nice! Where can we buy the CYT? 

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I got a completely different tire than preproduction and the one everyone else is getting, shit!

4F25EF4E-B3A4-429F-9FB3-9661AFC21B97.jpeg

That H-5102 seems to be the default ChaoYang tire that most Ali sellers ship, no matter what is in the auction photos. It’s the factory installed tire on the MSX and 18XL as well. Otherwise a nice tire, but the grip on wet unpaved surfaces is bad.

51 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Someone here was offering it.

The ”community tire” that @Hibiki Mr.H so kindly bought and will ship for some of us is the H-5167. I’d expect it to grip much better when wet, and off road in general.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That H-5102 seems to be the default ChaoYang tire that most Ali sellers ship, no matter what is in the auction photos. It’s the factory installed tire on the MSX and 18XL as well. Otherwise a nice tire, but the grip on wet unpaved surfaces is bad.

The ”community tire” that @Hibiki Mr.H so kindly bought and will ship for some of us is the H-5167. I’d expect it to grip much better when wet, and off road in general.

Did KS change the tire from Kenda?  That is what is on my 18L. Not sure about the grip.  I normally don’t ride when it is wet outside.  Plus I don’t do much off roading.  I’m strictly city roads rider.  

15 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

What is the “88% output power alarm”?

Hi, it's like the 80% power output alarm of the Gotways, it's to let you know that you're reaching max power, however it can be confused with the 3rd speed alarm as the beeping is the same.

16 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Thanks for this @Pingouin, altogether do you like and recommend this wheel?  

Compared to Nikola & MSX, I would say it depends. If you're looking for speed and reliability, MSX is the way to go because it has been out for a while, KS16X is still new we don't really know how it's going to hold. Some people are having issues also, I think it's not only firmware issues but maybe some 16X have other issues that can't be fixed by firmware, but not sure.
Regarding it's behavior, I do love this EUC, mine has been flawless and I love the way it handles and accelerates, plus it's super silent, even more than the MSX & Nikola from what I've tested ! Overall I would say it still has some flaws to it, but yes I can recommend it, but it depends what you're looking for.

10 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Lights; Is there an easy way to disable ALL lights (including headlight) while riding?  And of course the ability to toggle back & forth, lights on/lights off.

Yes there is, I disabled all lights, only the rear red lights do come on when I break. In the app you can close the led lights, however by default the headlight is in "auto" mode, that means that if the light sensor detects that it's dark, it's going to go on, you can disable it by pressing several times on the power button. You will be able to toggle it back by pressing the power button again ! (1.06 fw has different light mods : auto/full/low beam/high beam/off )

@eddiemoy I still use the original CX321 tire, I feel the gyro effect at high speed but at the same time it's still very agile, does the CYT tire really improve agility or does it simply make it feel like conventional EUCs ?

I have a question : do you know if the KS16X has SMART BMS ? Are the batteries the same as the KS18XL ?

Edited by Pingouin
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi, it's like the 80% power output alarm of the Gotways, it's to let you know that you're reaching max power, however it can be confused with the 3rd speed alarm as the beeping is the same.

Oh nice. It's interesting Kingsong's warning threshold is higher than Gotway's; would've expected the other way around.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I would say it's bad on mud in particular as it just slides like crazy.
But yeah we both live in Scandinavia with similar weather and forests and both ride an MSX. So we have some experience with this tire. :efee612b4b:

5 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Did KS change the tire from Kenda?  That is what is on my 18L. Not sure about the grip.  I normally don’t ride when it is wet outside.  Plus I don’t do much off roading.  I’m strictly city roads rider.  

First batches came with the Kenda. Then they changed to H-5102. To me the Kenda is a floppy tire and ruins the feel of the 18L.
H-1502 is an awesome tire for city roads, works fine on gravel as well. Wet or dry. I have 5000km on mine and I bet I have 5000km left.
I haven't done much mud testing on my stock tire but so far the wheel is a beast off-road. Climbs so much easier than other wheels it does half the job for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Despite everyone calling it ”the 80% alarm”, Gotway doesn’t have a power based alarm.

Good to know. Somebody was saying if I push the Monster V3 too hard on the lean angle, I'd get the "80% alarm" but you're saying that's not going to happen? That it's just a speed alarm (that can't be disabled). If that's the case, then I have to depend on Darkness Bot or Wheel Log to tell me the amps. And Marty sets his alarm at 90amps. Although in reality, we don't know how accurate that number is, how noisy the data is, etc. etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, buell47 said:

76V in resting or riding condition? 

Resting.  I had to stop to check the voltage. For some reason the ks app still shows 100%. Had to look at info to see the batt voltage. Need to check again, currently charging with quickcharger and stick together.  Getting 6.5amps. 

7 hours ago, erk1024 said:

Good to know. Somebody was saying if I push the Monster V3 too hard on the lean angle, I'd get the "80% alarm" but you're saying that's not going to happen? That it's just a speed alarm (that can't be disabled).

As far as I know, yes. I toasted my MSX on a stupendously steep hill. No alarms. People that have been overleaned various GW models have not mentioned hearing an alarm, unless they were nearing the speed threshold.

When accelerating hard, the voltage and hence the speed threshold decreases. So how you ride does have a secondary effect at the threshold speed. But for example on the 84V MSX it will never be under 45km/h.

If that's the case, then I have to depend on Darkness Bot or Wheel Log to tell me the amps.

Absolutely. The wheel has no actual means of protecting you from overleaning the wheel.

And Marty sets his alarm at 90amps. Although in reality, we don't know how accurate that number is, how noisy the data is, etc. etc.

Oh, but we do know! Accuracy = +- 130A or +-400%, noise level = many times louder than actual data! :lol:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Pingouin said:

I have a question : do you know if the KS16X has SMART BMS ? Are the batteries the same as the KS18XL ?

No it does not have smart bms, repeated here and other threads several times. 

And battery cells might be same but the physical total pack are shaped to fit the KS16X so you can't interchange these packs if that was what you though of asking this. 

Go on YouTube and compare the official disassembled videos from KS, you will see. 

• Like 1