New GotWay Nikola 17''

EcoDrift

13 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

You sound like a generous dad. I am as well.  If I could turn back time I would have emptied my bank account and sold my home for one. 

They stay lucky. I stay broke. I guess like you say that's how it's supposed to work. :)👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

They stay lucky. I stay broke. I guess like you say that's how it's supposed to work. :)👍

Yes it's suppose to be that way but unfortunately my son was not lucky. Did your wheel arrive back from Paris?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rywokast said:

? the only pedal larger is the new kingsong 18xl pedals that literally just came out lol.. what have you been riding on so far??

V8 with larger V10 pedals.

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

From this thread: click

ezgif-5-f7be5bb94f.pdf-1-768x981.jpg

$2000 for the MSX 1600Wh vs. $2100 for the Nikola 1600Wh. They indeed seem to make it more expensive than the MSX:eff04a58a6::efee8c29ce:

Oh well, let's see how this translates to the final prices.

My understanding is the Nikola will be rough $150 US more than the mSuper X - so your chart is pretty reasonable. 

And I'd say if you are in the market for an mSuper X, $150 more for a proper headlight, a better handle, better LEDs, really loud Bluetooth speakers, and a digital display may be reasonable.

On the other hand, we'll  have to see how it rides.  So far it doesn't seem like anyone who's reviewed it has loved it.

1 hour ago, DanCar said:

V8 with larger V10 pedals.

ahh they're spoiling you :p yea i wish all pedals were that big

Edited by Rywokast

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I've been tagged by the seller from Ebay to purchase the Nikola. Last chance offer. I need some advice. If I purchase it I'll have the most expensive wheel on record?;) @Lutalo is the leader so far.  :thumbup:

$20,000

Be my pleasure to relinquish that particular honor :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes it's suppose to be that way but unfortunately my son was not lucky. Did your wheel arrive back from Paris?

Oh yeah. Son one of three sent the 18L back, and I received it several weeks ago. Son two of three is home for Spring break, and used it yesterday on our group ride; a 50 miler. We rode pretty aggressively so the "most expensive EUC on the planet" gave up about two miles from my house. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Oh yeah. Son one of three sent the 18L back, and I received it several weeks ago. Son two of three is home for Spring break, and used it yesterday on our group ride; a 50 miler. We rode pretty aggressively so the "most expensive EUC on the planet" gave up about two miles from my house. 

9 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

We rode pretty aggressively so the "most expensive EUC on the planet" gave up about two miles from my house. 

Gave up? What happened? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Gave up? What happened? 

Just didn't make it. Ran out of range about 2 miles from the house. So, @edwin_rm and I continued, on and I went back to scoop my son up with the car.

It was a 50 mile trip and we were doing some pretty aggressive riding. @edwin_rm was on his GW Monster and I had the XL so I made it, and he made it easily. Suppose we could have pushed it the last two miles (one dot left), but I thought better of it. 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:44 PM, Michael Hernandez said:

I'll wait for @Jason McNeil to stock it! His customer service is unmatched anywhere on Earth!!!

Also launched the Nikola over the weekend. There's some details that are still being worked out, first deliveries ought to be arriving end-of-April, possibly early May. 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-nikola-1600wh-battery-2000w-motor-3-wide-tire/

King Song 16X vs Gotway Nikola, Setting the New Standardsuc?export=view&id=1Tv_TU0SeBxiH3SNPk2jCyTwuwAz_NJlU

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Also launched the Nikola over the weekend. There's some details that are still being worked out, first deliveries ought to be arriving end-of-April, possibly early May. 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-nikola-1600wh-battery-2000w-motor-3-wide-tire/

King Song 16X vs Gotway Nikola, Setting the New Standardsuc?export=view&id=1Tv_TU0SeBxiH3SNPk2jCyTwuwAz_NJlU

Please come back to Europe Jason! :crying:

Honestly, with you and Ian here we have friendly competition, a cornerstone for all healthy business is based imo.

Jokes aside, be that I am a GW kind of guy I cannot shake the feeling KS just growing away from GW in terms of taking wheels forward, I honestly do not mean blinking Disco lights and 64 speakers I could care less about that, to me functionality, simplified and smart design, efficiency and quality beats out Disco every day of the week, yet they manage to squeeze in these things for those who do want it without dominating the overall design.

Again this is just me but the Nikola could have been several years ago and the 16X just feels fresh looking at it. Personally I will not give up on that maximum power and being in control as mush as possible so love the GW last warning and it's so effective if just being aware and listen to that signal, respecting it but I sure look more and more at team KS, God forbid they come out with a MSX performance killer anytime soon they I will be forced to pay up.

Til then it's just not interesting enough.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Jason, I think you have te max speed on the 16X wrong, should be 28mph or 45kmph.  But if they changed it recently to 31mph would be great news!!!

Update: just confirmed that you were able to convince KS to do 31mph.  Amazing!

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

News just in on the Nikola:

• LEDs: they say the light theme can be changed from the App, finally!
  • Motor disengagement: that if the under-handle disengagement button is pressed (or malfunctions) during rotation, the motor will not cutout, similar to Inmotion
  • MOSFETs: final selection has not been made yet...
  • No-load speed: 70kph before disabling 
  • Parts pricing: TBD
  • Self-standing support strut: under investigation, 'in the future'
  • Improvements to handle: new reinforced design, pictures to follow in the next week 
  • Speakers exposed to Wheel housing:  questions of waterproofing, suggested adding Gortex membrane, response "no one can make sure a product can be waterproof perfectly", insert your own interpretations here. 

Definitely when available, still at least 6 weeks out though.

@US69, this motor on the nikola has the 10.5rpm/V.  the 70kph matches my calculation.  Actually my number is 71.33kph.  close enough.

Jason, I heard they will be making the 100V also.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Hmm, does that mean they have to do an overhaul of how the entire wheel-app interplay works? Will the app finally be able to read settings? Are we getting firmware update capability etc? Or will this be some kind of hack with the ooooooold tech? (Press light button 237 times to cycle through all possible lighting combinations)

:facepalm:

Reply: "No one can make sure people don't buy a KingSong instead. I guess you'll have to live with that."

That's not my quote.  But Nikola has the board on the top just like KS so water shouldn't be an issue?  

• Like 1