New GotWay Nikola 17''

I use to scrape my pedals frequently on a sharp turn on my daily commute.  Now everything the same, I can't scrape.  No idea what I was doing wrong, or what I'm doing right now.  Or maybe enough metal scrapped off now. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

I scrape my pedals frequently, but always in low speed sharp turns; I like to lean into my turns.  Scraping a pedal has never throw me off.  I don't try to avoid it and I don't fear it. It is what it is.

Indeed, sometime I write English and makes sense in my head on the fly, later reading through it I see all kinds of silly stuff and wonder what the heck I was trying to say? :blink1:

But yes indeed this is exactly what I am trying to say, at lower speeds, perhaps it's possible to do it at higher speeds too but I sure have yet to see my first 55km/h pedal scrape on a EUC and me too like to utilize lots of lean angle?? :lol:  True that but I do however fear snagging a pedal onto something solid when carrying a bit more speed, on my way to work in a hurry some time ago I did get into a bit of an argument with a tree stump hidden under a blanket of leaves and caught the tip of my left pedal sending me into the dirt, could stand up again although bruised and the wheel took nothing major either but the helmet was swapped out for sure, honestly I am just so glad I always wear that most important piece of the safety gear at all times.

39 minutes ago, Electroman said:

an argument with a tree stump hidden under a blanket of leaves and caught the tip of my left pedal sending me into the dirt,

Ah yes the dreaded leaves. Sorry, I didn't think it was necessary to mention my turning regimen of being sure of the surface beneath me.  I would avoid a scrape on uneven or unseen ground, where a protrusion might catch the pedal, and toss me off like a Frisbee.  I've had a few PILEO myself (pedal induced low earth orbit). One was one of two steel posts 40cm apart, and a few times when tall weedy grass got lodged between the pedal and the body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Ah yes the dreaded leaves. Sorry, I didn't think it was necessary to mention my turning regimen of being sure of the surface beneath me.  I would avoid a scrape on uneven or unseen ground, where a protrusion might catch the pedal, and toss me off like a Frisbee.  I've had a few PILEO myself (pedal induced low earth orbit). One was one of two steel posts 40cm apart, and a few times when tall weedy grass got lodged between the pedal and the body.

Hehehe, yes. :lol:

The 1 serious pedal accident I had was actually on the path I take each day to work, some 25 meters away in the parking area so I know the path.

Yet somehow I gone through there for years and never reflected on that stump sticking up, not that much but sticking up nevertheless and always semi covered by leaves and crap, just turn there at maybe 20-25km/h and this one time I leaned over enough to grab the stump with left pedal.

I ran into the shop and into my locker, pulled out my Hilti SR 4 A22 and attacked that stump with fury so now it is no more an I regained my trust in that shifty left corner cutting though the parking lot.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I ran into the shop and into my locker, pulled out my Hilti SR 4 A22 and attacked that stump with fury so now it is no more an I regained my trust in that shifty left corner cutting though the parking lot.

:roflmao:

9377452326942.jpg

reminds me of this

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

aside from the inevitable wear and tear of learning to ride an EUC - is there a good reason to avoid this as a learner euc?  i have no problem padding and taping it but wasn't sure if there were other concerns.  tia

On 4/7/2019 at 1:57 AM, Mike Joe said:

aside from the inevitable wear and tear of learning to ride an EUC - is there a good reason to avoid this as a learner euc?  i have no problem padding and taping it but wasn't sure if there were other concerns.  tia

No, no reason at all.  People are learning on everything from an Mten3 to 18XLs and MSXs so the Nicola will work too.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shinra said:

Would it be safe to buy a Gotway Nikola from AliExpress?

A few people buy from this seller he's reliable 

US $1,761.20  26%OFF | Gotway Nikola newest electric unicycle,monowheel balancer 84V 1600WH,2000W motor,max speed 50km/h Bluetooth Speaker
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/UkIBYM0

22 hours ago, stephen said:

A few people buy from this seller he's reliable 

US $1,761.20  26%OFF | Gotway Nikola newest electric unicycle,monowheel balancer 84V 1600WH,2000W motor,max speed 50km/h Bluetooth Speaker
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/UkIBYM0

then you have to pay 25% import tax?  how does that work???

10 minutes ago, Brian Morris said:

then you have to pay 25% import tax?  how does that work???

Pot luck really they try to avoid customs by sending it through __________ fill in the blanks someone for me please 😊,

i didn't get charged on mine 😊 

Ask green and fashion I'm sure they honour they'll be no charges

Can someone can try nikola pedals on MsuperX please ?

I'm afraid   it's not very comfortable. I have tried to put Tesla pedals on my MsuperX but the pedals angle is really excessive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, koto said:

I'm afraid   it's not very comfortable. I have tried to put Tesla pedals on my MsuperX but the pedals angle is really excessive.

The Gotway pedal angle (dihedral) is determined by the shape/size of the pedal hangers and not the pedal. For instance, the MSuper V3, MSX, and Monster pedals are all identical. The pedal hangers are different and that's what causes the angle to be different.

So I'm afraid the Nikola pedals will not be of much help to you.

29 minutes ago, koto said:

I'll let you know tomorrow if they fit and how they look if they do fit

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'll let you know tomorrow if they fit and how they look if they do fit

You have a Nikola? :o

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

Nooo just the pedals lol

Cool. I'll bet my paycheck that when installed on your MSX the dihedral angle will be the same.

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Cool. I'll bet my paycheck that when installed on your MSX the dihedral angle will be the same.

I'll let you know tomoz ,i wanted them for the extra length and width i don't mind the angle but if it's a bit flatter that's also fine . The look really big in these pics but i think there's only 2/3 cm length bigger and 2cm width ,we'll see .. Had to rush to work so did these quick pics

IMG-20190430-132425.jpg
IMG-20190430-130823.jpg
IMG-20190430-131457.jpg
IMG-20190430-131538.jpg
IMG-20190430-131602.jpg
IMG-20190430-131744.jpg
IMG-20190430-132120.jpg
IMG-20190430-132153.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1