New GotWay Nikola 17''

32 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

@Jason McNeil If this thread is any indication, it really doesn't look like the Nikola will sell too well, initially at least, compared to the 16x, though if post launch impressions are really good who knows.

Nikola will be a niche wheel. They are banking on all the EUC enthusiasts who live on the coast that are just dying to take it for a stroll on the beach, to ride through Ocean water, as advertised in their promo video...😜:roflmao:

But seriously, I do like the look of it personally. Ergonomically, not so much, but yes, let's wait and see how it does...👊

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, US69 said:

As i understood it...the Nikola and the 16X will be both using the exact same tire... A 16 x 3inch „CST“...

So if this is true, they will both be in the same wheel category, or?

What i dont like about the Nikola is the wide grip, making it hard to carry, and that it is so crazy tall....but tastes are different! :-)

Very interesting - I did not know they had the same tire. I really need to get my hands on these wheels.

The thing is, when you see the Nikola next to people, it looks huge. That's why I say it may compete more with the 18-inch wheels.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very interesting - I did not know they had the same tire. I really need to get my hands on these wheels.

The thing is, when you see the Nikola next to people, it looks huge. That's why I say it may compete more with the 18-inch wheels.

Yeah, looks absolutely huge and more than a 18inch, totally agree!  Form follows (just) the function of the LED ring....i would say.

That both have the same tire is something that Jason has told ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is exactly the problem with the Nikola, it's larger than the MSX yet out only has 16x3 tire compared to the 18x3 for the MSX.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

This is not a negative comment, but I think the looks of the Nicola might appeal to women, not necessarily women riders ( although it has respectable specs)  I think it looks fun and inviting, and it might encourage more women to feel more open to talk to us weird wheel riding guys about the whole EUC thing.  Maybe some of them might go on to get into the sport.

So you are getting 2 of those wheels I guess 😉 just make life more interesting.

I never had any issue with the looks, beside the GW readlight logo. After all I have a KS18L already. There is just more appeal to the KS16X for me.

But a fair as @Marty Backe pointed out, none really know how these 2 contenders compare until we have a side by side comparison of production units.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

So you are getting 2 of those wheels I guess 😉 just make life more interesting.

I never had any issue with the looks, beside the GW readlight logo. After all I have a KS18L already. There is just more appeal to the KS16X for me.

But a fair as @Marty Backe pointed out, none really know how these 2 contenders compare until we have a side by side comparison of production units.

OK, who typed this for you?  It's almost completely normal :D I even understood it :clap3:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

OK, who typed this for you?  It's almost completely normal :D I even understood it :clap3:

I aim to please, it is just the scope is bend so it is a bit hard to succed at times 😉

Edited by Unventor
Fixed for smoother
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Smoother said:

This is not a negative comment, but I think the looks of the Nicola might appeal to women, not necessarily women riders ( although it has respectable specs)  I think it looks fun and inviting, and it might encourage more women to feel more open to talk to us weird wheel riding guys about the whole EUC thing.  Maybe some of them might go on to get into the sport.

Alright, looks like a battle Royale a brewing here...Correct me if I'm wrong, @Smoother, but are you not just insinuating that all of us who like the look of the wheel are in fact not male?!? 

This is great news!! :cheers: I'll bet all those guys over there on the female riders thread will be pleased as punch to know the female/male rider ratio just went up a few percentage points! LoL 😁

Couldn't resist...It would be un-smoother of me not to...😘

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

I aim to please, it is justy scope is bend so it is a bit hard to succed at times 😉

Uh Oh! He's back again. :D

2 hours ago, Rama Douglas said:

Alright, looks like a battle Royale a brewing here...Correct me if I'm wrong, @Smoother, but are you not just insinuating that all of us who like the look of the wheel are in fact not male?!? 

This is great news!! :cheers: I'll bet all those guys over over there on the female riders thread will be pleased as punch to know the female/male rider ratio just went up a few percentage points! LoL 😁

Couldn't resist...It would be un-smoother of me not to...😘

Eh ,well, no, well, eh, you see. um, well . Ahhh..F..CK IT!  I like the way the Nicola looks.  There I said it .  Happy NOW??!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Uh Oh! He's back again. :D

Eh ,well, no, well, eh, you see. um, well . Ahhh..F..CK IT!  I like the way the Nicola looks.  There I said it .  Happy NOW??!!

I didn't hear you, come again...🤣you know you are rather funny.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, Unventor said:

I didn't hear you, come again...🤣you know you are rather funny.

Actually just like @Mike Sacristan I'm sometimes an angry man, everything makes me angry.  I regularly shout "F..CK YOU at my computer when it doesn't do what I want.  But I like humor both given and received.  So there's a balance of sorts, an extreme balance from F..CK YOU on one side to :roflmao::clap3::cheers: on the other. But my humor sometimes gets me into trouble because I often say the first thing that comes into my head and it's not always PC.

I think I need some of @kasenutty 's special "herbal" remedy so I can get "zonked" from time to time.

I'm like this guy:

BTW "I didn't hear you, come again"  that was pretty funny.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

876487773_dimensions16xvsNikola.PNG.ba9c4a83c20e7e2279c057721b53d1b2.PNGthe only difference in dimension appears to be the extra width needed for the gotway trolley handle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway designed this? I'm impressed. Looks nice. Wish they had put this much effort into a non-oversized shell.

@Unventor "It's the Nikola, but everyone calls it the Ball Buster...":D

Didn't they fix that in firmware? In addition, the rumors say they use a real button on the 16X. So I think it's extremely unlikely they will have this issue again (maybe we'll get a nice new issue;)).

No, the firmware fix was just a band-aid to keep it from draining your batteries from what I've read.  There's a whole thread dedicated to the topic so no need to repeat the info here.  But the basic switch vs clever  tension measuring system may or may not be at the root of the problem...  So I'll wait for the early adopters to beta test the new wheels and report back here...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thai-lad said:

So I'll wait for the early adopters to beta test the new wheels and report back here...

This should be the tag line for this forum:D

We should start a betting thing or something. Which wheel will have issues in the first production batch? 16X? Nikola? Both? Neither? Will Gotway come out on top again (MSX and MCM5 have been essentially flawless), or will we see a return to Gotway form? Will KingSong, makes of electric ridables, again forget that there's electromagnetism?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

Actually just like @Mike Sacristan I'm an angry man, everything makes me angry.  I regularly shout "F..CK YOU at my computer when it doesn't do what I want.  But I like humor both given and received.  So there's a balance of sorts, an extreme balance from F..CK YOU on one side to :roflmao::clap3::cheers: on the other. But my humor sometimes gets me into trouble because I often say the first thing that comes into my head and it's not always PC.

I think I need some of @kasenutty 's special "herbal" remedy so I can get "zonked" from time to time.

I'm like this guy:

BTW "I didn't hear you, come again"  that was pretty funny.

Lmao that guy was hilarious. I'm checking out his channel. 

@Unventor are you on some kind of pain medication?

"it is justy scope is bend so it is a bit hard to succed at times" :roflmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Lmao that guy was hilarious. I'm checking out his channel. 

@Unventor are you on some kind of pain medication?

"it is justy scope is bend so it is a bit hard to succed at times" :roflmao:

Nothing major. But as @Smoother said, about political correctness it is a skill that that was short comming as most parts of Denmark 😉

It is a national skill, self irony and moaning. But I have been abroard so much that moaning is not that much present anymore.

Hint:  if you have Netflix check out "klovn forever" Danish movie. The first 10min is a benchmark low of PC.

Edited by Unventor
Good spotted Smoother
  • Like 1