New GotWay Nikola 17''

2 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I love a good Danis movoe, me. yep, love em!. :rolleyes:

Btw moaning is a national sport in UK right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Btw moaning is a national sport in UK right?

Oh yeah, we love a good moan. The Aussies call it winging; "winging poms" they call us.  Which is justified. So we've got English, French and Danish moaners.  I'm sure there's more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

So we've got English, French and Danish moaners.  I'm sure there's more.

What a surprising change of subject this was... Oh well, an occasional moaner here from Finland. Although, I’ve been single for a while now.

That looks like plastic griptape that they have for skateboards. It's not quite good enough for skating, but it's surprisingly good for plastic grip tape. It might be actually good for an Electric Unicycle because the grip tape on my XL is almost too sticky and makes re-positioning difficult.

Here's a video about it

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

This just in: the Nikola pedals are going to be slightly larger than those on the MSX, but still a full 2cm shorter than the KS XLs. Nice to see an improvement in this area. They'll be available to purchase as a standalone to fit onto your existing GWs, price will be somewhere in the region of $120. It should be noted, the V10F pedal works quite nicely on the Gotway too! 

uc?export=view&id=1hWLBgoHPMB9aY-Lpe2ph_

uc?export=view&id=1WqFlTNVNf-2YMvyb8KwxF

uc?export=view&id=1sy0WXY6lUZ-Nfc2zkdbb6

uc?export=view&id=10byNV_8XS77iC10fLY9kV

uc?export=view&id=1T9pjxJL884PXE6UPkQmE8

Looks like the Nicola pedal is also wider than the MSX which is nice. @Jason McNeil do the V10f pedals require any sort of adapter for the MSX or do they fit as is ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

V10F pedal works quite nicely on the Gotway too

How big are the v10f compared to the msx?

1 hour ago, Adel said:

They'll be available to purchase as a standalone to fit onto your existing GWs, price will be somewhere in the region of $120

@Jason McNeil what's the chances shipping me a pair to the UK ,uk supplies will be ages

17 minutes ago, stephen said:

How big are the v10f compared to the msx?

@Jason McNeil what's the chances shipping me a pair to the UK ,uk supplies will be ages

Hi Stephen

I think the V10F footplates are about the same length as the XL footplates (10"), but might be a littlebit wider. Which would affect tight turns.
I think..

Edited by Olav
  • Upvote 2

If you have good technique, or can can improve on it,  you won't scratch your V10 pedals, seriously.

13 hours ago, ED209 said:

If you have good technique, or can can improve on it,  you won't scratch your V10 pedals, seriously.

Not sure if remember correctly, but have got some vague memory of measuring if not around that figure then at least approximately 135mm up to center of locking pin on my MSX, meaning the pedals should be at least somewhat close to that number where they are attached to the arms. But of course MSX pedals also have got a decent angle so scraping I suspect does not come natural to most riders, but still I had a few on mine so far and underside of stock pedals have got some battle scars, with that being said it's not too bad honestly and a far cry form the horrors of the ACM pedal scraping that to was ridiculous before receiving the MSX.

Your probably right and should not be to bad, but at least for me most scraping noways come not mainly from turning but rather from going up/down curbs and things like that. Obviously we all ride very differently too and styles are almost as many as there are people out there, sometimes watching EUC videos I even get stuck just analyzing peoples styles cause find it very interesting and realize I can learn something from every single rider out there, young as old.

The couple of times I have taken the V10 for a spin I really liked the comfortable ride, but for me with my everyday wheel I have also come to love that angle of the MSX pedals, such a fantastic tool for us aggressive riders and keep at least me pretty planted to my pedals. Well that and also I honestly don't ride a lot "free standing" but rather almost always have my calf, knees glued to the wheel and use a lot of weird pressure points for manipulation. Perhaps I am wrong but I think the V10 pedals on the MSX would feel a tiny bit schizophrenic, as far as size goes I may not be in majority in this regard but I sure would not want a bigger pedals, especially not wider.  For a long distance cruiser looking for maximum comfort and resting the feet it makes all the sense, to me they can be good enough and rest is about minimizing surfaces sticking out that can catch stuff riding like I do.

It's a good thing too imo, how boring would it be if we all rode just alike, at all time?

• Upvote 1

I have several turns from transitions in my daily commute which is where I am finding all of my scraping. It is almost impossible not to scrape in those situations with pedals at such a flat stance. To ED209's point though, I can navigate some of the turns with focus, but that is difficult when you factor in pedestrians, vehicles and other hazards. I get it though.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely I do to, with pedals mounted higher up it's better even if they are flat and yes one can indeed adjust ones style and I suspect very few riders go near max lean angle of attack anyways, most scraps are likely low speed scrapes, just 90-180 degree hard at too tight radius and voila there it is, but yes me personally love the advantages of that angle. If I did Mary style all day trips at a much more relaxed tempo I would likely want that too? For me it's not even possible, my battery is gone in 30 min or at least the ride able part of it. :lol: