100V 2000WH MSX and 100V 3000WH Monster - Made to order?

Hi all, 

This is for the battery experts and also for anyone with contacts to Gotway factory. 

This site, shared on a Gotway owners Facebook Group, claims to sell custom made 100V MSX and Monster with extra battery, with the support of Gotway themselves (read details on website). 

https://jednokolowiec.pl/black-friday/

Is this possible? Can someone ask Gotway if they are actually supporting this company to achieve this? 

In the meanwhile I'd be careful. 

I asked if the shell is bigger and if there is any pictures, no pictures and didn't get a reply about the shell.

Time to get some popcorn? 

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 2

No comment on the business side of things, but purely technically:

There is ample room in the 1600Wh 84V MSX for more battery, currently 120 cells, 20 cells per pack.

100V ~1260Wh MSX has four 24 cell packs, so only 96 cells total. Even more room for extra juice.

100V ~2000Wh would be in a 24s6p configuration. It’s just a little game of Tetris to make them fit.

Would of loved this option when i was buying ,,2000w msx 😊,, 

Monster 3000w,,, that will take some time to charge but not that often lol unless you do a straight 100 miles 😁

I do hope in future we get these options 

I hope this site is legit also

36 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

No comment on the business side of things, but purely technically:

There is ample room in the 1600Wh 84V MSX for more battery, currently 120 cells, 20 cells per pack.

100V ~1260Wh MSX has four 24 cell packs, so only 96 cells total. Even more room for extra juice.

100V ~2000Wh would be in a 24s6p configuration. It’s just a little game of Tetris to make them fit.

i always wondered why no manufactures offer a larger than standard battery option, like all but the monster cap at 1600.. yet theres ample room, why not offer a custom battery option of your choosing for a premium, im betting it would be very popular

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

i always wondered why no manufactures offer a larger than standard battery option, like all but the monster cap at 1600.. yet theres ample room, why not offer a custom battery option of your choosing for a premium, im betting it would be very popular

When this was discussed some time ago, it seemed that you, me, @Marty Backe and other distance riders may not be as numerous as we might think. Even I admit, with the current battery weights I would choose a 1600Wh over a 2000Wh wheel. 1600Wh is a good sweetspot.

If the motor weight was halved, it would be a different story...

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Kiedy to omawiano jakiś czas temu, wydawało się, że ty, ja, @Marty Backe  i inni jeźdźcy na odległość mogą nie być tak liczni, jak moglibyśmy sądzić. Nawet ja przyznaję, że przy obecnych obciążeniach akumulatora wybrałbym 1600Wh na koło 2000Wh. 1600 Wh jest dobrym sweetspotem.

Gdyby masa silnika była o połowę mniejsza, to byłaby inna historia ...

yes it is everything checked I bought from the factory if you have a doubt write to the site, I saw the modification everything is checked more details on the site

14 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

Cześć wszystkim, 

To jest dla ekspertów od baterii, a także dla każdego, kto ma kontakty z fabryką w Gotway. 

Ta strona, udostępniona na Facebooku grupy właścicieli Gotway, twierdzi, że sprzedaje niestandardowe 100V MSX i Monster z dodatkową baterią, z obsługą samego Gotway (przeczytaj szczegóły na stronie internetowej). 

https://jednokolowiec.pl/black-friday/

czy to możliwe? Czy ktoś może zapytać Gotway, czy faktycznie wspiera tę firmę, aby to osiągnąć? 

W międzyczasie będę ostrożny. 

Zapytałem, czy powłoka jest większa i czy są jakieś zdjęcia, brak obrazów i nie otrzymałem odpowiedzi na temat powłoki.

Czas zdobyć popcorn? 

yes it is everything checked I bought from the wheel service now the wheels have modifications if you have a doubt write to the site, I saw the modification everything is checked more details on the site

For me, these larger batteries would not be for extreme long distance, but instead to treat the battery in the most responsible way. I could comfortably charge to 80% or 90% for battery health and/or my fast mountain riding would never be done under 50% for good power reserve margin.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

When this was discussed some time ago, it seemed that you, me, @Marty Backe and other distance riders may not be as numerous as we might think. Even I admit, with the current battery weights I would choose a 1600Wh over a 2000Wh wheel. 1600Wh is a good sweetspot.

If the motor weight was halved, it would be a different story...

I don't currently ride long distances (though the option is nice if I want to) but the extra battery certainly provides a nice safety margin.

Edited by Heyzeus

On 3/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, diegoxxx said:

tak to jest wszystko sprawdzone kupiłem od serwisu koła teraz koła mają modyfikacje, jeśli masz wątpliwości pisać na stronie, widziałem modyfikację wszystko jest sprawdzane więcej szczegółów na stronie

if someone is interested in getting a video soon from tests of more information please write to me

1 hour ago, diegoxxx said:

if someone is interested in getting a video soon from tests of more information please write to me

Which model did you get? I would just be interested to look inside, and see how they managed to fit that many cells in there. 

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Which model did you get? I would just be interested to look inside, and see how they managed to fit that many cells in there

Please write to the technical service you will get all the information biuro@jednokolowiec.pl

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, diegoxxx said:

Please write to the technical service you will get all the information biuro@jednokolowiec.pl

Or you just write the technical information here on the forum.
I am sure there is a lot of interest from many riders.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...