Jump to content
EcoDrift

New GotWay Nikola 17''

Recommended Posts

Just now, EcoDrift said:

Like MSuper X

Thanks! (nice English language video BTW :D)

 

Also, any word on a new Monster-like model? Maybe now 23" :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EcoDrift said:

Im from Russia, where vodka, bears and good english everywhere :D

:lol::lol:

Yes, but now including videos! Most of your channel, I had to guess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! OK.........Well?....... I would have never guessed it. This is going to take some time to process.  Yeah! ....  I am not sure how I feel about the new wheel.    I would have named it the AMC.    All makes combined.   Hope it does well!  I don’t think the wide lift handle is going to go over to well.  The music speakers are a nice addition and my wife would love the lights.

Thanks EcoDrift, great video !!

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circus show, certainly doesn't look like an efficient, modern machine.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Circus show, certainly doesn't look like an efficient, modern machine.

This is why you will get one :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Pretty sure that's a given now, fatter tire on the old rim is where they seem to go now. I wonder if they will bring out a 15 inch MCM6... that would be a great mountain machine!

carlton-2.gif

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17” is a strange number. As many know they go by the outer diameter rather than the wheel size. For example the 22” monster has a 17” rim. I have measured actual tire diameters before and found that some are exaggerated and others are under stated. The MS3 tire is closer to 19” than 18”. I am wondering if this 17” is just a big fat 16”. Like the MSX is just a big fat 18”. In this case this is the long range 16” ( with a more comfy tire.)

Edited by RockyTop
Auto correct
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RockyTop This is definitely the "standard 16 inch" rim (no matter what size it actually is) like on the ACM or Tesla, just with a bigger, bloated tire. You can literally see that.

So exactly like they did on the MSX, just a size smaller.

I guess that makes the tire width 2.5 inches (a bloated 2.125).

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retractable handle and a thinner handle to lift would have made this the perfect wheel. Still going to get it :clap3:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

 Researching further I found another meaning:  ‘Conglomeration of other manufacturer’s ideas.’

Ha! Ha! ....Yep!.... I found the same definition in the American Motors 1980’s play book....... I hope it works better for GotWay! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Electroman said:

To me that just looks like a ugly byproduct of after a wild night out, accident between King Song and Inmotion, maybe even a Ninebot who knows but sure looks nothing like a Gotway and 17" higher than a MSX?

:roflmao:This is a hilariously accurate description how the wheel looks:D Wouldn't call it ugly, though. It's China-cool.

I completely agree that it is too big. The ACM or Z10 show that a wheel does not have to be big. From the pictures, it appears the batteries are only in a central column (like the KS) and there's so much wasted space on the sides and on top. I guess they just copied how KS wheels are built.

And it doesn't look too robust.

The side lights are nice, though. A continuously moving light ring is about the best sideways visibility a EUC can have.

The shell looks about the same as the ACM in terms of mud protection, I don't think you will get yourself dirty without an extra mudguard.

It will be a powerful wheel, essentially like the Tesla but with bigger batteries, best board available, and a more robust tire.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Personally I hope Gotway lead their own race, 

I agree. IMO Gotway’s Mten 3 and MCM5 opened new frontiers and were examples of leading the race. 

I’m not sure what goes into corporate EUC decision making but Gotway might consider following our member’s feedback a bit closer as I don’t recall the scorpion handle and disco lights getting high reviews on this forum. 

I really like the digital LED voltage readout. I don’t like the extra thick calf pads. My inner shins are already aching just looking at them. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This seems to me more like their next Tesla, but like 1.5 instead of 2.0. Looks like a 2.5" tire? Not a fan of the white matte 'core' against the glossy black everything else. Maybe the final silver pedal color will offset that strange contrast.  To me this looks identical to my v10f, just a bit wider and with Gotway's layout of inputs/outputs on the front.  All it's missing are multiple LED rings like on the v10, but I prefer the way these animate over the v10's. I'm guessing this will be easier to ride too with the battery packs not positioned high up like in inmotion's. 

Edited by Glitched
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:roflmao:This is a hilariously accurate description how the wheel looks:D Wouldn't call it ugly, though. It's China-cool.

I completely agree that it is too big. The ACM or Z10 show that a wheel does not have to be big. From the pictures, it appears the batteries are only in a central column (like the KS) and there's so much wasted space on the sides and on top. I guess they just copied how KS wheels are built.

And it doesn't look too robust.

The side lights are nice, though. A continuously moving light ring is about the best sideways visibility a EUC can have.

The shell looks about the same as the ACM in terms of mud protection, I don't think you will get yourself dirty without an extra mudguard.

It will be a powerful wheel, essentially like the Tesla but with bigger batteries, best board available, and a more robust tire.

Good spot, did not even get there myself, hope not too much space is waited but it does look very high.

A modernized ACM a'la 17" could be nice imoh, I know the ACM is old now but to me that was a particularly good casing, even the old 820Wh I have have room for more batteries but perhaps nor feasible or at least potentially too expensive from a manufacturing perspective spreading out battery cells like that?

Ok then, China cool it is! :D  Sometimes my mouth on autopilot and no filters..

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree. IMO Gotway’s Mten 3 and MCM5 opened new frontiers and were examples of leading the race. 

I’m not sure what goes into corporate EUC decision making but Gotway might consider following our member’s feedback a bit closer as I don’t recall the scorpion handle and disco lights getting high reviews on this forum. 

I really like the digital LED voltage readout. I don’t like the extra thick calf pads. My inner shins are already aching just looking at them. 

Agree on all point Dan, forgot about the voltage but yes could be great additional source of information. Yes Mten and MCM5 were some great steps forward imo as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×