New GotWay Nikola 17''

6 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Random, but based on the height of the wheel I would be interested if they can integrate a seating option. 

Ideally, in a different build quality and construction world, the folded up handle would be the perfect place for sitting down. Put some cushion on top of it, and you have a high, automatically feathered seating arrangement with the handle folded up. Fold-up seat and handle, two in one.

Like here. All the guy needs to do is sit down. Build it very stable and more egonomic, and done.

1.jpg

A KS-style handle could be modified into a working seat even easier.

• Like 3

Ohh man, what an ugly wheel. I waited hoping for something good for the coming spring. Hoping for a successor to the ACM. I think the msx looks weird when ridden. Like the rider has to overlean with a big black brick behind them. The ACM had a really good looking shell. Marty described it as a hummer if I remember it correctly. I dont need speakers, fancy lights. I need a smaller shell but with enough space to hold big batteries. ACM2 or wait for a newer option... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/8/2018 at 10:00 PM, LonewolfSWE said:

I dont need speakers, fancy lights.

I don't need them either, but I have them both on my 18L and they are super cool once you have them. GW is doing the right thing by joining the party and adding them.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2018 at 11:06 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

As long as it isn’t called the Gotway Geekwheel :whistling: it probably will be fine.

Hey! I like that name. Go, Hunka Genius the Accidental Burn. My bad. I meant Hunka Burn the Accidental Genius :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 6:00 AM, Thai-lad said:

Just in case you wanted to know what the real cost of li-ion batteries are...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/latest-bull-case-for-electric-cars-the-cheapest-batteries-ever

and this video has a pretty good description of what goes into a Tesla (car) battery pack

I would like to see some competitively priced aftermarket lithium ion choices. That would certainly impact the inflated prices of wheels. 2 large for what is basically one motorized wheel hub, a control board, and a battery pack is a lot to ask. Cheaper battery packs would drive prices into a more reasonable range while improving the equipment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I read somewhere that the popular Xiaomi M365 electric scooter costs around $125 from factory for large orders, but it sells for around $500, so that is a 400% mark-up. This sounds like a lot, but when you have distrubutors and dealers adding their mark-up (~100% each) it doesn't stretch that far as they have to provide a support network and other services to customers. I suspect this is why the manufacturers don't like customers buying from non-authorised sellers because these sellers are happy to sell at discount and don't support the products they sell, dumping all responsibility and cost back on the manufacturer. A more efficient supply chain, which comes with scale, is what is needed to bring prices down. I'm sure there is scope for lowering prices if sales increase and margins reduced, which will happen as these devices are legalised and promoted around the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lutalo said:

I don't need them either, but I have them both on my 18L and they are super cool once you have them. GW is doing the right thing by joining the party and adding them.

It is not maybe for everyone however as you say, they have their moments. Still makes me laugh thinking how people look up and around as I can gliding past on my KS18L with Google maps reading out turn by turn directions at full volume since I can't fit earplugs in my TSG Pass fullface helmet. People came to a stop at the roundabouts as they now knew what exit I would choose. 

At now in the dark times it help a lot to have lights on the sides when crossing a road or intersection.

So short story, I didn't fund speakers or lights that important but it works great at times. So I agree with you.

• Like 2

Whyyyyy? Is ...it ....so.....FREAKIN’ .....HUGE!!!.?? I love my gt16 because its compact and 16 and fast...even my Tesla was a bit on the bulky side for me. 16-17(fat tire) is perfect size wheel for me but this monstrosity is much bigger than the msx?!?!. 🧠 💥

i like that they used the msx board and wheel and the handle(as long as there is one i m fine ) and speakers are maybe a gr8 thing(if they have good bass and/or overall sound) and the killswitch button i like a lot.....but please shave off 2inches in depth and 2-4inches in height ...with is passable.

heh! Just listening to myself there i sound like a spoiled , prissy little 1st world problem kid🤪

BUT COME ON....HEHEHE

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demargon said:

You can use these I made for the community if you like it:

16gt.jpgz10 copy.jpgmten3.jpg

18l.jpgv10.jpg

MSX.jpglhotz.jpg

Fantastic :thumbup:. How did you create these if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

For me, 17 inch wheel seems like the perfect all-arounder for a crowded place like mine with narrow sidewalks (& no roads coz illegal to ride on roads). With the type of cracks and undulations of our walkways, 14 inch is scary at speeds, but 16 is still harsh while 18 would be combersome for a lightweight (59 kg)  like me. I'm hoping Nikola or future wheels comes UL-2272 (battery safety) certified coz by next year, it'd be illegal to sell anything non-certified (coz quite a few houses caught fire from mobility devices already).

12 hours ago, Demargon said:

You can use these I made for the community if you like it:

16gt.jpgz10 copy.jpgmten3.jpg

18l.jpgv10.jpg

MSX.jpglhotz.jpg

We need on that is on fire too...At the KS18XL 🤩 is that hot...and one frozen too due the upcoming cool(mint) from Gotway 😏

Ohh I almost forgot the most important part: Wheeltastic job 👍👌

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, Lutalo said:

I had ring lightning on my old IPS zero. I turned it off. 😩 Hoping to see more new wheels this spring that looks more like mcm and acm. 

2 hours ago, LonewolfSWE said:

I had ring lightning on my old IPS zero. I turned it off. 😩 Hoping to see more new wheels this spring that looks more like mcm and acm. 

Although I am personally not partial to its "eggshell" form, overall I think the MCM is an okay wheel; I don't want it, but I can't knock it. On the other hand, I guess it's a personal preference because I find the ACM to be "Asscrack" ugly; "Arsecrack" ugly if you from Europe.

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

https://ecodrift.ru/2018/12/18/gotway_nicola_pervaya_vstrecha/

Gotway Nicola first meeting in the cold snowy Moscow

Today, the new Gotway Nicola arrived at our warehouse. From a technical point of view - this is the same Tesla, but under a large battery and with a wide tire 3 ″ wide. Tomorrow we will show a more detailed photo report, but for now just roll Nicola in the evening Moscow snow.

A bit of a strange color with white inserts and translucent overlays through which you can see the inner contents of the wheel.

... ..

Instead of the rear side light - GW logo. 

During movement the tape is poured in various colors.

Headlamp - standard, like all Gotway last year and a half.

The road is visible, but not far away.

Snowing.

On the case, Nicola shows the current voltage.

Inside a lot of empty space.

In our case, version 1600Wh. Although in fact it is 1554Wh if you count 3.7V for the rated voltage.

Pay attention to the angle of the pedals:

The blue LEDs are lit on the controller:

A pen:

Gotway Nicola first meeting in the cold snowy Moscow.

The controversial decision and lowish in height:

The rubber covers the access to the screw that holds the cover:

According to the plan tomorrow, we will shoot the wheel in more detail and disassemble Nicola.

I must say, these pictures make the wheel look very appealing.

Although the author says it's basically a Tesla, I know people who would have loved to put a 3-inch tire on the Tesla. So a 3-inch tire and 1600wh battery is a big deal for Tesla fans.

• Upvote 3

It's too bad these EUC's aren't swap and play.  I'd totally swap out my control board, motor, and battery packs to fit into that shell if it was easy to get working!  :w00t2:  They probably have some custom LED driver on the board though so that would be a no go.  :(  I mean, instead of buying the whole wheel all the time, it would be neat just to change out the shell in a modular fashion.  Feel like ACM style some days while Nikola the rest?  Just swap pants!  And parts!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2