Marty Backe

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Your wish is my command!  :w00t2:

C66_B8_B46-6_EDB-4_BB0-94_C8-_B2_CF294_D

Great profile ... except for that helmet and proboscis :efeff54d4a:

Edited by litewave
edit: caught by the spelling police
  • Like 1

I don't know.  I think the helmet is very military looking.  Add on that special ops rearview night vision lens, the utility belt with the stun-gun, flare, and survival kit, and I think you're ready to take on the Z-ombie apocalypse with the Z-10.  :w00t2:  What's wrong with the proboscis besides it being spelled incorrectly?  :whistling:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't know.  I think the helmet is very military looking.  Add on that special ops rearview night vision lens, the utility belt with the stun-gun, flare, and survival kit, and I think you're ready to take on the Z-ombie apocalypse with the Z-10.  :w00t2:  What's wrong with the proboscis besides it being spelled incorrectly?  :whistling:

:efee612b4b:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well, since you asked, the M1 helmet style (aka steel pot) is WWII vintage and 30+ years out of date. It just looks out of place without leather chaps, whips and chains. :efefa6edcf:

BA_M1_Steel_Pot_Helmet_Gallery_2.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/14/2018 at 6:49 AM, Marty Backe said:

The Z10 is in the house :dribble:

Today I received the Z10 from Chooch. I am going to give him a hard time, but only because he's causing me some unneeded work and stress. It's all in fun though, but he deserves it :lol:

As you know by now, the tire valve access is via a port on the side of the wheel, and requires a long (~4-inch) valve extender to access for filling. As shown in his video, he didn't care too much for the one that ships with the wheel. So he opted to use an existing one that he had from an earlier Ninebot wheel of his.

I guess he decided to throw away the one that comes with the Z10, because it wasn't in the box. And I don't have an old Ninebot wheel kicking around the house. And the tire was essentially flat because that's how he liked riding it. With my additional 55-pounds the wheel was unrideable in the flat condition that it was in.

Imagine your feelings, having just received one of the coolest wheels being made, and only being able to look at it. :furious:

After calling various stores I realized that I'm not going to be able to buy an extension tube locally and it could be a day before I could possibly bum one off a local rider (nobody lives nears me). :furious: But then I decided to try something ghetto. I drove to a local PepBoys and bought a pack of four 1-inch valve extenders. I got home, ripped the package open, and screwed them together end-to-end. It worked! I as able to fill the tire :clap3:

The air in the tire did not register on my gauge, so Chooch really likes it low. I pumped it up to 20-psi for now.

Next, he didn't send it to me charged or clean. Looks like it came right from the trails. And you know those pads he taped to the shell? Well, he used Duct Tape. You now what that means right? Lots of sticky residue on the shell. So I'll be spending a fair amount of time cleaning it so it looks purty in the videos.

There, I feel better now. Chooch, you owe me one :D

Very First Impressions

This is one very nice looking wheel in person, and damn heavy. When I showed my wife, her unprompted reaction was, "That's cool looking". I don't think she's said that about any of my other wheels. This wheel is going to turn heads for sure ?

Last night I had downloaded the Ninebot Android app; apparently only one is used for all of their devices. Wow is all I have to say. I immediately connected to the wheel and I didn't have to create an account or give my social security number. It knew everything about the Z10 and was super easy to configure.

Why can't us KingSong and Gotway owners experience the joys of an app like this? No Chinese. Just my native language. Kudos to Ninebot.

Any way, the wheel is charging. After the charge and cleaning, my first ride will be a night ride. I'll try and capture all of the light affects on video.

More to come of course. Tomorrow is a Demo day for anyone in Southern California who wants to see and ride it.

Nice review! How does it compare to the new MSX? which wheel do u personally think is better overall?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyK said:

Nice review! How does it compare to the new MSX? which wheel do u personally think is better overall?

The MSX clearly has superior range and more power than the Z10. The Z10 is a higher quality wheel, and more fun to ride at slower speeds - it feels like a much smaller wheel than it actually is. I think the Z10 is the coolest looking wheel available right now.

Really comes down to what kind of riding that you intend on doing. You might have to do what I did and buy both :facepalm:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Clearly the pre-production Z10 has overheating issues on steep climbs. Hopefully Ninebot is correct when they say that the production units run cooler with 1/3rd more power.

@houseofjob also mentioned previously that the production Z10's also have a new mainboard & firmware which should help to prove/back up Ninebot's claims!

• Upvote 1

Looking at HOJ's teardown video and the surface mount MOSFETs, I kind of wondered how they were supposed to be cooled by the heatsink if they were mounted on the topside of the board.  Is the heat supposed to pass through the backside of the MOSFET, through the PCB, and onto the heatsink?  Maybe it's no surprise the Z10 overheats if the MOSFET cooling wasn't well planned for.  Or is there like a pass through sort of metal sink under the MOSFET?  I didn't see any of these: 

573300D00000G-pinout.jpg

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@houseofjob also mentioned previously that the production Z10's also have a new mainboard & firmware which should help to prove/back up Ninebot's claims!

To see if that is true, we can compare the control board of production Z10 of @RoberAce and that tear down video made by @houseofjob.. Hi @RoberAce, can you open the cover to show the control board?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EUCMania said:

To see if that is true, we can compare the control board of production Z10 of @RoberAce and that tear down video made by @houseofjob.. Hi @RoberAce, can you open the cover to show the control board?

It's way too easy to ask someone to rip open their new wheel. I wouldn't take mine apart unless I had an actual need. But that's just me.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's way to easy to ask someone to rip open their new wheel. I wouldn't take mine apart unless I had an actual need. But that's just me.

OK then, I take my words back @RoberAce. Instead, lets look for, or wait for a photo of the production control board.  

Edited by EUCMania
  • Like 1