My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

9 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Please, what is your favorite wheel?  I currently own a Tesla also, and I love it!

That post was Mary's I just found it for him and reposted... Out of my KS14S, Mten3, MCM5 and ACM2.  For me it's ACM2 with 1600wh.  Hopefully MSX will dethrone it when it gets here...:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Check the brake assist setting every time you re-turn on the Z10.

There's a bug in that final beta 0.4.4 FW where re-powering on the Z will reset back to the default, Brake Assist = On.  Super annoying, and hopefully fixed on the proper production units by now.

For 1.0.0 fw, it doesn’t reset brake assist anymore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

For 1.0.0 fw, it doesn’t reset brake assist anymore.

Good to know.

BTW, can you disable any of the system sounds? For instance, when you turn the wheel on or off, my wheel appears to be making a sound but I can barely hear it. I hope with a working sound system I won't be disturbing people around me when the power is turned on/off.

1 hour ago, Turbocharged said:

For current fw, there is no switch to turn the system notification sound on or off, but there is a volume slider, I never tried to slide it all the way down, I’d like to keep a low volume, so I know it’s been switched on or off, and it’s important to know if the spin lock function is activated, I always wait for the confirmation sound before I really lift the wheel up. The sound effects are very pleasant. And don’t worry about the warning volume, all warning sound are not affected by the volume slider, and remains at the maximum, But it’s still hard to hear sometime when you are riding fast and the wind noise is too loud.

Volume would be fantastic!

3 hours ago, maltocs said:

One thing at a time. let's start with my 200lb weight first. If it "fails" with my weight, 250lbs would be moot. And honestly, at this point, I've only ridden the wheel one time for 5 minutes with somewhat low air pressure and the wheel felt like it had a mind of its own at times. I don't want to challenge myself on the side of a mountain with a 50lb backpack making me more unstable!

Speaking of which, If there ever was a "controlled" test, I would have to say it would be @Marty Backe riding the Whittier stress test. Same mountain and same body weight with a difference in temperature. If the Z10 can't make it up a section that is not even the "overheat" super steep hill, I can't see how it will be able to carry me up to the top of a 4600 ft mountain. Well, I guess if " low speed torque" is the issue, we can race them up to the top without slowing down. I guess we'll find out Saturday.  

The wheel rides much better at the proper air pressure (no more mind of its own) ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The wheel rides much better at the proper air pressure (no more mind of its own) ?

So Marty I was thinking of getting an acmv2. Is the mother board different by much than the acms+ 84v ? Are the mosfets stacked on  top of each other? Have you heard any negative feedback on this particular machine? Are the motor and parts vintage? Thanks ( sorry I know it's a ninebot thread)

Acm is my favorite machine I just never had a working one. 2 of mine died and were the first 2 Versions; not the acmv2

Edited by Vikas

46 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Can You possibly talk with programmers to release basic BT communication protocol details to allow WheelLog programmers to add communication with Z10 to Wheellog easier ? 

Sure I will forward your request as user feedback 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Vikas said:

So Marty I was thinking of getting an acmv2. Is the mother board different by much than the acms+ 84v ? Are the mosfets stacked on  top of each other? Have you heard any negative feedback on this particular machine? Are the motor and parts vintage? Thanks ( sorry I know it's a ninebot thread)

Acm is my favorite machine I just never had a working one. 2 of mine died and were the first 2 Versions; not the acmv2

I think Speedyfeet is the only one to call this "v2". Everyone else uses ACM2. Just want to be sure that we're talking about the same thing.

The board configuration of the ACM2 is very similar to the ACMv2 board, but it has beefier MOSFETs, different firmware, thicker wires, thicker axle, and axle support plates to prevent axle shim damage over time.

I actually haven't heard anything negative about the ACM2 (doesn't mean there hasn't been any problems). I have two which are working fine FWIW.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I'd be more interested in acquiring this wheel if it was geared with more torque and lower speed rather then the opposite. It seems it was designed for the woods and off road, Im surprised Ninebot didn't make this a preference.

I wonder if part of the issue are the low pedals.  I know with my Ninebot One E+, it's a slow steep hill climber.  With the lack of side panel grip and a heavy wheel, trying to apply enough forward pressure on the pedals could be challenging.  Maybe with a @EUC GUY sort of padding mod addition, one might be able to coax out more torque at lower speed?

8 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Not sure what's up there, have you checked on a different phone as well? Maybe an iOS device? Does this phone recognize your KS14 BT music network?

I was pretty obsessive-compulsive putting the Z back together, but admittedly checked everything (wheel function, app) BUT the BT music, sorry.

Oh oh, you busted it.  :whistling:  I wonder if the firmware update did it in?  If something is working, never update the firmware unless there is a definite confirmed and worthwhile improvement.  That's what I've learned over the years and why I still have the original 1.2.5 firmware on my Ninebot.  :innocent1:

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So is it too much to ask @maltocs to load up to 250 lb, to really test the wheel with a heavy rider?

Or will I need to get my own Z10 to test?

You been hitting the GravitosTM without me?  :dribble:

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I want your job, your location and your wife. ?

Didn't a couple of the commandments that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai kinda frown on some of those wants?  :w00t2:  Oh well, nothing wrong with being an unwashed heathen every now and then!  I got dibs!

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I think Speedyfeet is the one to call this "v2". Everyone else uses ACM2. Just want to be sure that we're talking about the same thing.

The board configuration of the ACM2 is very similar to the ACMv2 board, but it has beefier MOSFETs, different firmware, thicker wires, thicker axle, and axle support plates to prevent axle shim damage over time.

I actually haven't heard anything negative about the ACM2 (doesn't mean there hasn't been any problems). I have two which are working fine FWIW.

Thanks so much Marty the blue one on the far right is the one I am thinking of getting. Just debating between this and the z10.

Screenshot_20180717-105338_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Oh oh, you busted it.  :whistling:  I wonder if the firmware update did it in?  If something is working, never update the firmware unless there is a definite confirmed and worthwhile improvement.  That's what I've learned over the years and why I still have the original 1.2.5 firmware on my Ninebot.  :innocent1:

There indeed was, significantly more torque and acceleration! I'd trade that over sounds and music any day ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vikas said:

Thanks so much Marty the blue one on the far right is the one I am thinking of getting. Just debating between this and the z10.

Screenshot_20180717-105338_Chrome.jpg

So wait.....there is a newer acm than even the ACMv2??! Pardon my ignorance ....or that IS the ACM2 meaning same thing. ( the blue one on the right)

Edited by Vikas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vikas said:

So wait.....there is a newer acm than even the ACMv2??! Pardon my ignorance 

The Blue one is it. Don't have time to go over the history of the ACM version naming. I own the blue one (see my profile picture).

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Blue one is it. Don't have time to go over the history of the ACM version naming. I own the blue one.

No no sorry I just wanted to know we were talking about the same one I just got confused. It was just for my own personal elucidation. Because the acms+ was sold to me as the ACM2 that's why; Thanks so much ! ??

Edited by Vikas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Just heard from the head of Ninebot that the production models will have 1/3rd more torque with half the heatsink temperature. If true, that should be enough torque for anyone :D

that’s looking better. 

i kinda have a feel for what power demands the wheel needs going over my fields from having the 18s out there. i was thinking earlier today in extremes, a wheel with a beach ball like tire would cushion and span irregularities better than a little skinny tire. the Z10 isn’t a beach ball tire but it’s the closest yet.

falling is just gonna be part of the trip.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vikas said:

No no sorry I just wanted to know we were talking about the same one I just got confused. It was just for my own personal elucidation. Because the acms+ was sold to me as the ACM2 that's why; Thanks so much ! ??

If you were in the right thread you would have all the info. 

• Like 1