My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some raw trail riding footage where I explored a brand new trail. Some very rough trail conditions, and some more overheating. Overall, I really enjoy this wheel on the trails. Can't wait to try this trail with the production wheel.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's some raw trail riding footage where I explored a brand new trail. Some very rough trail conditions, and some more overheating. Overall, I really enjoy this wheel on the trails. Can't wait to try this trail with the production wheel.

looks very sure-footed with those big rocks.

@captainwells loaned me his GT16 so he could try the Z10. He we are cruising the beach trail in Southern California. And yes, of course he's buying the Z10 :D

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@captainwells loaned me his GT16 so he could try the Z10. He we are cruising the beach trail in Southern California. And yes, of course he's buying the Z10 :D

Another convert, not really surprising. I think with the European contingent that are already getting switched on to the Z10 now it's in the wild over there, the sales are just going to skyrocket as more and more people globally get a taste of the production version!

7 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thumbnail :thumbup:

Just for you (well, maybe a few others too;)

Any news about the livestream today?  :popcorn:  I didn’t see any announcement posting.  I’m sure @stephen and a few others are wondering whether it’s still a go?  We don’t mind hearing about the OneWheel in comparison to EUC riding.  Is this going to be a super secret stealthy livestream edition?  What’s going on?  :crying:

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Any news about the livestream today?  :popcorn:  I didn’t see any announcement posting.  I’m sure @stephen and a few others are wondering whether it’s still a go?  We don’t mind hearing about the OneWheel in comparison to EUC riding.

I'll be there. Duf hasn't told me anything to the contrary.

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Thumbnail :thumbup:

I don't know why....

I just couldn't imagine you would comment anything else ?

@Marty Backe tip on how to get more views ? @Hunka Hunka Burning Love you will love this...

Marty you need to wear green spandex pants and green shoes. Then you can green screen edit it with a pair of long lady legs in red hing heels. Just an idea. Those black shoes look tired in the heat ?

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:rolleyes: A little late, but here we go anyways!

BD1_B8790-724_E-43_F4-_AC90-41_B9_BC55_C

think duf was just testing few minutes ago @Marty Backe i think he was skyping you if you didn't know ? your secrets out guys it's going live tonight sometime ... waiting up in the Uk??

lol at @Hunka Hunka Burning Love pic?

20 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I am really curious, does the Z10 track that sand directly on the beach?

Riding a unicycle in sand still seems absurd to me, but the tire is wider than most beach cruiser bikes. We have extremely loose sugar sands here, so I am curious if you diverted off at all to try the sand traction or if it just sinks. 

I know Cooch hit some sand, but it looked like denser wet sand.

Could anybody measure the rim real size and the distance from the rim to the shell, please? And what is the standard tire height in millimeters/inches? I know it may be not so important for California, but for others, it could be useful to use snow/winter tire on Z10 ?

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Maybe you can try to ride like a motorcycle when turning at high speed. Bend the knees a little and open the knee of the direction you want to turn (open right knee if you want to turn right). I think it will make turning easier.

5 hours ago, cloudust said:

Maybe you can try to ride like a motorcycle when turning at high speed. Bend the knees a little and open the knee of the direction you want to turn (open right knee if you want to turn right). I think it will make turning easier.

What I've felt with the Msuper X (3.0" tire) at faster speeds is that going to curves with the inner side butt cheek first (a bit like the thumbnail above) helps me keep the calves at the same distance from the wheel giving me better control. Opening the knee separates the wheel from my calf making it more unstable, so even quite small bumps caused me wobbles. I've seen some people do it though.

Why does the Z10 backlight keep blinking in the videos that I have seen. Can you make it light steady.

Btw, just got confirmation that my z10 is on its way here. Should be here beginning of August.

Archived