My Z10 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

Marty Backe

@Vikas Here's the history of the ACM variants. It's complicated.

If you're wondering, the "s" was a suffix for the 1300Wh 84V variant of Gotway's ACM and msuper V3 (e.g. "msuper V3s"), and the "s+" for the 1600Wh one (e.g. "ACM s+"). At least sometimes, people would use it inconsistently.

Also, there were some revisions/improvements during the 84V ACM phase. But as you're getting the latest ACM2 anyways, that matters only to used wheel buyers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanx for the video. If it's possible, pls test the wheal in rain or wet conditions.

It's interesting how good the sealing (hermetic tightening) is made.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sergey said:

Thanx for the video. If it's possible, pls test the wheal in rain or wet conditions.

It's interesting how good the sealing (hermetic tightening) is made.

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't rain where I live :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

It just rained today while on my way back from an errand. Lots of puddles and curb streams to explore Marty! 

if they haven’t outlawed them in kalifornia yet, u could ride thru sprinklers?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

It just rained today while on my way back from an errand. Lots of puddles and curb streams to explore Marty! 

My it rains where you live, but nothing here ;)

To be honest, even if it did rain I don't think I would test my wheels in the rain. Everything that I've seen indicates that they are water resistant at best.

• Upvote 1

Not that I’m suggesting opening it up, but It would be interesting to take a look see inside the motor itself to see what the coil set up looks like and find out whether there is any coil dope present.  Maybe the motor covers are thick enough to make the wheel pretty silent?  

My Tesla used to be whisper quiet, but it now makes the odd ratcheting sort of sound upon braking at slow speeds.  Maybe some of the copper has stretched or loosened a little allowing some magnetic vibrations to occur?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Not that I’m suggesting opening it up, but It would be interesting to take a look see inside the motor itself to see what the coil set up looks like and find out whether there is any coil dope present.  Maybe the motor covers are thick enough to make the wheel pretty silent?  

My Tesla used to be whisper quiet, but it now makes the odd ratcheting sort of sound upon braking at slow speeds.  Maybe some of the copper has stretched or loosened a little allowing some magnetic vibrations to occur?

It's interesting that the wheels do make more sounds as they age.

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's interesting that the wheels do make more sounds as they age.

This is concerning to me since from his posts I don't think Hunka has all that many miles on his Tesla.  Is this due to the mileage, just age, quality issue or because Hunka is a speed demon?

57 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

i have seen reports, where over time the motherboard of the tesla gots a bit loose and is responsible for this sounds.

open it up and put some rubber between the screws to stop vibrating of the board....guess this will cure your problems!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ch.Eng.62 said:

Thanks, I ask because I am waiting mine beginning of August 

this is great! 

I told this about turn not in negative way, is only a characteristic of the wheel that it could result adrenalinic and get a lot of addictive satisfaction