THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

29 minutes ago, Stan Onymous said:

I was thinking it was a reflective disk pad for a telescope. But now I am thinking air gun turret pad from WW2. You can see in every direction from up there.

I just googled it and the answer is...   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Lukens.   

Sister Elsie Peak is the subtitled name of the mountain.

Very interesting article. Now I know Los Angeles has the crown for the largest elevation gain of any major city in the country. Poor Sister Elsie, had to give up her peak (name) to Mr Lukens. If it was indeed a WW2 turrent pad, I wouldn't want to be sitting up there as a sitting duck with no cover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maltocs said:

odd concrete disc at the top of a mountain

Maybe they trucked and assembled the towers atop the peak (or flew them assembled to the top) and used something like a skycrane to lift the towers in place, using the level concrete pad (7 meter diameter) as an interim helicopter pad between lifts, and refueling if needed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_S-64_Skycrane

Mt Lukens

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great video! You have such awesome places to ride! Glad to see the Z rolls effortlessly over the steel plate. ;)

44194138061_41a72ddec6_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Muy bueno (en: Very nice)! It seems that people react more strongly to that machine, comparing to KingSong or GotWay. It is certainly also easier to ride on such a underlay with thicker wheel. It looks really cool :dribble:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dismason said:

Muy bueno (en: Very nice)! It seems that people react more strongly to that machine, comparing to KingSong or GotWay. It is certainly also easier to ride on such a underlay with thicker wheel. It looks really cool :dribble:

I ride this pier periodically, and can say that the Z10 tire makes this wheel the funnest for riding on these wood planks. It's much less comfortable on my other wheels.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Maybe they trucked and assembled the towers atop the peak (or flew them assembled to the top) and used something like a skycrane to lift the towers in place, using the level concrete pad (7 meter diameter) as an interim helicopter pad between lifts, and refueling if needed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_S-64_Skycrane

Mt Lukens

Yeah, that could be what that circular pad be for. The equipment was indeed trucked up there as we passed a giant truck tire on the way up to the mountain. There was also a drag racing slick up there as well. How and why it got there I have no idea. It had a “Monster” tire on it.

Edited by Stan Onymous
  • Like 2

Kingsong 16s v Gotway Tesla 1020wh Acceleration Test 2018

Video Credit: U - Stride

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Kingsong 16s v Gotway Tesla 1020wh Acceleration Test 2018

Video Credit: U - Stride

Fun video to watch, but I knew the outcome before it even started. And the one instance where the KS16S won was clearly due to the Tesla rider error - didn't look like he was trying very hard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Fun video to watch, but I knew the outcome before it even started. And the one instance where the KS16S won was clearly due to the Tesla rider error - didn't look like he was trying very hard.

Yeah + looks like more of a fun thing than a scientific test to actually really test the acceleration, but I am speculating based on what I see.

Measure a distance you want to accelerate over, a rider used to both wheels and good at it, standing start is ok but I think better stand prepared and ready on both pedals then go at a given signal. If someone really want to just start the clock on automation and stop when passing a simple sensor at the end and use average over a few runs, something like that don't have to go totally crazy unless you really want to haha?

• Like 2

@Alien Rides is it possible that i can see in the Videos on some occasions the bit lack of torque that was attested to the Demo Unit? 

On some downhills it seams the Wheel wasn't able to stay under the rider….as it would not have enough braking power.

Would be nice to know if that is gone with the production Unit, as i am thinking of buying one myself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yea, it's amazing, feels almost like having an external cameraman do the recording. It's going from having a tiny bit of the rider in the picture with an action cam on a stick, to possibly having the full rider and a lot of the surroundings in the picture, from all angles you wish for. Removing the stick is such a simple but effective improvement:clap3:As is the variable view 360° thing.

Do I understand correctly you can choose your view (direction, FOV) in post? How long does it record?

• Upvote 1