THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 minutes ago, Lueksparky said:

Excellent day for a ride, especially through Provo canyon. Anyone out there waiting for the Z10, its a fabulous ride and I'd love to own one. The only possible  drawback for me at this point is that it's so much fun to ride I wish it came with a 1600wh battery for more range. I'm currently riding the V10F (960wh battery) and get 30-32 miles per full charge with my riding style. I do enjoy riding mine but am looking towards longer range for my next ride (ACM, MSX, KS18S). Maybe by the time I can afford one, ninebot will have a larger battery option available:). One other observation - in my opinion, the Z10 is the coolest looking EUC built yet - seriously,  the "batmobile" of EUC's.:eff034a94a:

Thanks again to @Mark Lee for getting everyone together and providing a loaner wheel (KS14S) for my son to ride, @Gustesta for letting us all try his new Z10 (and a Dualtron e-scooter), @Japmerican for letting us tryout his KS18S (who new sitting could be so hard?). 

Now we just need to work on getting more converts to the EUC way of life.

p.s. fyi @Gustesta makes a killer cheese roll if you ever get the chance to try one.:thumbup:

Just went through raw footage of Provo canyon ride.  @Japmerican has a copy to edit... Special thanks to @Gustesta for his hospitality and the ride on his Tesla Model S, what an amazing car, very impressed... ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lueksparky said:

Excellent day for a ride, especially through Provo canyon. Anyone out there waiting for the Z10, its a fabulous ride and I'd love to own one. The only possible  drawback for me at this point is that it's so much fun to ride I wish it came with a 1600wh battery for more range. I'm currently riding the V10F (960wh battery) and get 30-32 miles per full charge with my riding style. I do enjoy riding mine but am looking towards longer range for my next ride (ACM, MSX, KS18S). Maybe by the time I can afford one, ninebot will have a larger battery option available:). One other observation - in my opinion, the Z10 is the coolest looking EUC built yet - seriously,  the "batmobile" of EUC's.:eff034a94a:

Thanks again to @Mark Lee for getting everyone together and providing a loaner wheel (KS14S) for my son to ride, @Gustesta for letting us all try his new Z10 (and a Dualtron e-scooter), @Japmerican for letting us tryout his KS18S (who new sitting could be so hard?). 

Now we just need to work on getting more converts to the EUC way of life.

p.s. fyi @Gustesta makes a killer cheese roll if you ever get the chance to try one.:thumbup:

@Lueksparky Thank you so much for letting me use your V10F.  I really loved it.  It's really comfortable (those pedals) and one of the best rides available in my opinion.  I'm really thinking of getting one!

6 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Just went through raw footage of Provo canyon ride.  @Japmerican has a copy to edit... Special thanks to @Gustesta for his hospitality and the ride on his Tesla Model S, what an amazing car, very impressed... ;)

@Mark LeeMy pleasure to meet you guys!  Waiting for the next group ride near your place!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  Looks like a fun day!  You guys definitely might want to consider elbow pads.  Trust me.  :whistling:

I've got the shoulder and elbow pads now this is my next protection

Body Armour Skiing Skating Snowboards Motocross Motorcycle Protection Trousers (XL) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SX9LL2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yXvEBbDRR6D1R

Screenshot_2018-08-19-13-53-44.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Here is my raw footage from yesterday.
Got some trail/offroad practice with a few spills here and there.

For now the only protection I wear is a helmet but I am considering wrist guards.

For this kind of terrain you might want to think about an MSuper or a Z10, something with bit more power. But in total: you are doing it! Great ? progress from video to video. Keep it coming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Body Armour Skiing Skating Snowboards Motocross Motorcycle Protection Trousers (XL) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SX9LL2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yXvEBbDRR6D1R

DAMN that was CHEAP :D

I paid like 40£ for my elbow pads and 20£ for my kneed/shin pads.
Please put up a reviewhere  when You tried them out , epsecially how warm they are.

In summer i ride in shorts and t-shirt with...of course with elbow, knee/shin, motor bike gloves that are a bit hot, and a bike helmet...up for a change as it doesnt feel very secure...but its cool a lot of air flow lol. I think that "full lenght" protection would get too hot for me unless it breathes extremely well.

7 hours ago, stephen said:

that looks like a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

DAMN that was CHEAP :D

I paid like 40£ for my elbow pads and 20£ for my kneed/shin pads.
Please put up a reviewhere  when You tried them out , epsecially how warm they are.

In summer i ride in shorts and t-shirt with...of course with elbow, knee/shin, motor bike gloves that are a bit hot, and a bike helmet...up for a change as it doesnt feel very secure...but its cool a lot of air flow lol. I think that "full lenght" protection would get too hot for me unless it breathes extremely well.

yeah I'll do a reveiw they're getting delivered Tuesday I've got a hoodie with the shoulder and armour pads in and it's just so nice just putting it on instead of all the velcro pads . so it should be nice just putting these on rather than putting on my jeans and knee pads over the top etc and there's more protection to .. I'll keep you updated ??

After my fall, I think I’m leaning more towards elbow and knee pads that have decent amount of cushioning and which are strapped on so they can’t move much.  My motocycle jacket has good elbow padding inserts, but I think the one slid a little allowing my elbow to scrape on the inside of the sleeve as the jacket slid up my arm so it didn’t offer as much protection as I had hoped.

With the thin plastic and thin cushion underneath on some protective gear, I wonder if they would just transmit the sliding impact injury through the plastic and pad itself.  Also it’s probably best if they can stay put.  It’s definitely better than nothing, but maybe thicker cushioning and secure straps the better?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

For this kind of terrain you might want to think about an MSuper or a Z10, something with bit more power. But in total: you are doing it! Great ? progress from video to video. Keep it coming.

Thanks Toshio! I'm already dreaming/planning about my next purchase and have done some research on MSuper and Z10! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Electroman said:

Please Mike, do get some wrist guards, I used to ride without them in the beginning but it was me who underestimated the forced on your hands/wrists when falling and it's so instinctive to stretch out the hands when falling it's an automated process more or less (if nothing else to protect your face/head.)

I though I had a sprain when I fell and perhaps a bit too stubborn to try to work just taping it up but a month later I could not lie to myself anymore so I went, a Scapoid was broken and cost me 3 month on the bench. Ok I was in my 40's + 90kg so that sure will not help, a kid at 55kg could have made it but I did not + it's is by no means a warranty for fractures but have been falling a couple times after that with the guards on and still no new fracture, I am certain they do work they really do.

It's also not just the initial time off work, pains etc but also the wrist is so incredibly complicated and some small loose bones like the Scaphoid have got limited blood supply hence can take a long time to heal, sometimes it does not heal and can get very complicated, also there is the chance your wrist will never be the same again in terms of movement and constant pains. I still experience problems, it's just not worth it, they do not have to cost very much and get used to them in no time.

Thanks for looking out! I was having the exact same discussion with my friend today when we were out longboarding... and told him that I need to get wrist guards. I've injured both my wrists before because of practising way too much handstands and it took months for them to recover. So I know what it feels like to have limited movement, pain, etc. Especially since for me exercise and fitness is MY LIFE and if my training would get affected that would have a big negative impact on me. Not to mention that I work with my computers.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boogieman said:

I dont have a lot to compare the Tesla with except the Ninebot mini plus...oh and i also tried a Ninebot ?E1? (think one of the first EUCs) this weekend.

Two TOTALLY different vehicles.
The E1
Lean forward, nothing happens for a while then it softly takes off. Once it took of it felt rock stable since feet were very close to ground and it was very light (i think)
Tesla (ride on hard pedal mode)
Lean forward, imediate take off. At low speeds (walking speed or less) a bit tricky to balance probably due to high centre of gravity and high pedals. At medium to high speed though its a very nice ride. Long sweeping turns in high speed is supper smooth. Short twitchy turns in low-medium speed can be made smooth or REALLY twitchy if wanted, though pretty easy to over compensate and get allmost a stop turn...nothing really happens except it feels like...fuck its gonnd stop or throw me off...but it doesnt...it just steers heavy in the direction you over compensated in.

Since I cant compare with anything, I can only judge based on my feelings compared to cars, motorbikes, bicycles, skydiving  and so on.
After the break in period (week 1) when You get to learn to ride (forward) I was thrilled, rode every day as much as i could....just wherever i wanted to go...basically just stopped for food and drinks. Tried to go faster and get rid of the wobble and sure some adrenaline or rush arrived (though not as my first sky dive for sure)

Now, its less of an adrenaline rush (though have only ridden around 45km/h acc to log so still a bit left to max, but dont feel the need to push it as i notice that i ride faster every day without thinking of it as i feel 30km/h now feels slow and then 35 feels slow and so on, so I guess I will just need to stop riding with music in my ears so i can hear the beep (certainly dont feel phone vibrating in pocket) once i pass 50-ish km/h. Though sweet spot (as it feels now) is 35-40 km/h. Not too windy, not to slow and not to fast and "carve turns" are smooth...a bit faster and i cant allmost feel the tire "swoosh over" as i pass centre line....like the rubber goest from left to right "to quick" for the build of the tyre (its a non reinforced tyre after all so not very surprising, its like those old motor cycles with non reinforced sidewalls, that wobbled no matter what as soon as u reach a certain speed).

The best thing now and I think long term is the feeling of total freedom when riding. Its not like on a bike or motorbike...dont know why...i just feel "free" and can ride around the city just to "relax" or find "new places. I think that will be what will "stay" for a long while. The rush is kindof allmost over (was same thing with sky diving, first 10 jumps....:-D then :-) then :-| ) but the convenience is there (no parking needed), the freedom is there, the speed and milage is there (longest run 60km with 10% left), cost allmost 0 (compared to my car...gas, parking aso).  With that said, it will probably not be my last vehicle, I really would like to have a "trusty" vehicle like the Ninebot Z (I guess well see next year if it is), not that I have had any problem, but after looking inside it what keeps me upright, as an engineer in automation and quality I cant say that it feels very "qualitative" implementation wise. And after several falls and bumps things will move around so I will add a yearly (minimum) check and try to see if i can secure the electrics even more this winer when i cant ride.

All in all Im very happy that I went with the Tesla (im sure I would have wanted a faster vehicle within 4-8weeks if I bought a 30km/h max).
About 12 000 SEK (1386$) on ali express (from Intelligent walking store, really pleased with them) = well worth it (and no PostNörd involved, even better ;-) ).

I live in Malmoe, so I ride arounde here. To Lomma, Ribban, Klagshamn, Limhamn, Bunkeflo, Dalby stenbrot, Lund and so on. Everything within a 30km radius basically.
Tomorrow is first day at work so will take my car first day to bring the bags, but after that I will commute 15+15km to work with the Tesla. A lot more fun, keeps me awake (as opposed to driving which is boring in Sweden) and consumes 0L of gasoline (I even get to be some kind of enviroment friend LOL) 1KWh of electricity (for 2 days of commutes) makes the 110Kg Tesla/driver SUPER efficient comapred to 1.5 Ton of car/driver :D

I hope more people will ride next year, would be fun to meet up :)

Thanks for the awesome post!

Regarding the feeling of freedom, comparing my cheap electric kickbike, hardtail mountain bike, electric longboard and lastly Ninebot One E+ I rate them in that order regarding feeling of freedom. I think it has to do with the fact that we aren't really using our hands when on the EUC. Except for my bike bell. 60km is great range. How much do you weigh? I get sad every time my 20-22km ride is over. :P Some of the gravel and dirt paths along the water here are amazing and it would be nice to have more range to explore further. 

12 000 SEK is a great bargain! Imagine buying the Ninebot One E+ for full price here in Sweden for 10k! I'm happy I got it for 6k and if it would have cost more than that then I probably would have gone for an Inmotion V8. And possibly regretted it shortly after haha.

How is the Tesla in rain? I know what you mean about the insides. I've seen some pics of the insides and some of the work there makes it look like they took some shortcuts. Still it's a lot of EUC for the money. Have you ever worried about speeding? Considering our 20km/h speed limit for light electric vehicles. Not that i'm any better cruising at 30+ on my longboard.

Thanks again for a great post and all the awesome info! Stay safe and let me know if you're ever around Stockholm!