THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I guarantee that pedestrians hear my ACM2 coming, with it's very unique sound. Also, if you install a knobby tire like I did on one of my ACMs, they hear that too :D

So true. It sounds like some kind of race car engine. xD

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I do feel a little bad for doing this, but only a little.   :unsure:

A little is good. It’s a first step. ? 

And you can always argue: „I just helped them train harder!“ 

That’s what I say to myself.

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

What a selfish rowdy ? mentality reveals itself here. Pedestrians ?‍♀️ should never be expected to get out of our way. We have the responsibility to ride with utmost care around pedestrians, if we ever want our hobby (or mode of transportation) be embraced and accepted by the greater public. Good manners are key when riding your eHorse! I am sure you know that, but your language does not reflect it. ? 

You are right, I didn’t word it properly at all! I meant situations where there is no other way to pass than to go very close by. Usually they are a person walking in the middle of the road, or two or more persons occupying most of the road. Or anyone with a dog. I don’t use the bell to tell them to ”get out of MY way”, but to tell them that someone is coming and wishes to pass.

And I never pass going as fast as most bicyclists. You are absolutely right about the good manners as well!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alien Rides said:

Threw together a short hovershoe video when I got the chance to play with some in Vegas during the PEVRA event. Thought you all might enjoy:

Hi,

This was a different, fun and nice video, and I like your humor :clap3:. Good work!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Toshio Uemura , Excellent go around! I am currently trying to do this on my Inmotion V8, I can go forwards but have problems trying to get it to turn on the spot,  Any tips on how to this would be grateful! 

Edited by Edddeus
  • Upvote 1

Again, Excellent skills! Will try this when I get the time, Thankyou!

Edited by Edddeus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I guarantee that pedestrians hear my ACM2 coming, with it's very unique sound. Also, if you install a knobby tire like I did on one of my ACMs, they hear that too :D

While pedestrians can likely hear me I carry a bell anyway; it is a great help to have them move out of the way. Also, the number one question I get from cyclists-with-an-axe-to-grind is "does that thing even have a bell'? It's very nice to have one handy and ring it in response as I speed away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

Again, Excellent skills! Will try this when I get the time, Thankyou!

You are very welcome! This is how you may want to start:

The next guy is quite good at explaining this, much better than I can do it. I hope it helps. Please take good care not to get ? injured.

Have fun!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today's adventures.

Practicing some easy trails nearby, roots are the worst! Then I got stuck out in the rain... kept going and then started to get worried, what if cuts out, bla bla bla. But I figured it would be fine so I just did my remaining 15km out in the rain and it was a blast.

Great course to practice! ? 

5 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Trail ride

Some guy in a truck said :

'can that thing ride on this stuff' ?

and to watch out for the fox around the bend.

It’s nice to see a Monster once in a while. Very smooth and powerful ride. ?

A few months ago, I was very close to get me one. But then came the Z. I’d love to try a Monster some day, but here in Japan nobody has one. ? I am a bit afraid it might be too big for us tiny people. ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Acts as a better version of a tripod

Drone video of Monster path

The source video that I edited was about 3 minutes from takeoff to landing. The quadcopter battery lasts at least twice that.

I learned something about pheasant hunting.

AFAIK the shooting range is the major attraction for people to that wildlife management area except when actively hunting in season game , when they might be anywhere. Hunters orange , if you know what that is, is worn by hunters in the field.

Massachusetts aggressively stocks pheasant like you might expect fish and game to stock trout in a stream. From what I read on the web , pen raised pheasant (US) rarely survives through the winter, succumbing to both hunting and natural predation. Hunters pay something like $28 for a seasonal license, have a max take of several bird's which cost about $14 per bird to raise in a pen. Due to pen raised pheasant's poor ability to survive on its own they are released to the wildlife management habitat at undisclosed locations just a few days before pheasant season starts. Shotgun is limited to #1 bird shot. It's a tradition.

https://www.mass.gov/service-details/pheasant-hunting-regulations

The shooting range rules stand has several clearly readable signs saying 'paper targets only'.

Pheasant is colorful from the neck up....but I can't say I've ever seen one there.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/hunting/hunting_pheasants-hunting_ng_aa113403a/

When I was in high school a friend whose Dad was a cop enrolled him as a member of the 'rod and gun' club in another North Shore town. The short Irish fellow learned how to handle a gun at that club.

Edited by Bob Eisenman