THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Also, added to what @Marty Backe says here, please Do Not forget this is an incredible achievement that has been made possible with only a 60 volt battery! I for one am amazed at what this wheel is actually capable of given these numbers.

Lower voltage - more battery life

i dont know how it works, but it usually does

6 hours ago, stephen said:

yeah it is to say i get 45-50 miles on the msx 1600wh but that's on trails with a bit of speed though , what have you average on msx marty on that route?

When I rode the MSX on this trail a couple of weeks ago, I rode it 46-miles and had 30-percent battery remaining. But I rode it much faster. You can ride the MSX hard (fast) and still get 50-miles. It's an awesome long distance cruiser :thumbup:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fbhb said:

Also, added to what @Marty Backe says here, please Do Not forget this is an incredible achievement that has been made possible with only a 60 volt battery! I for one am amazed at what this wheel is actually capable of given these numbers.

Yes! The power and performance that I get from the 58-volt Z10 has convinced me that Gotway's pursuit of higher voltages is just a cheap engineering tactic to get more speed. I suspect that Ninebot has access to better engineers :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

I tried all three. Ks18L, Z10, and MSX

the ks18L feels like a slimmer, taller version of the msuper X, but with a less wide tire, the msuper X just feels a little wider, lower and more smooth

Thanks, good to know I have yet to try them.

Not a lot of riders here got to try the V10F today and I liked that too, then again I suspect I would like all these latest wheel although perhaps for slightly different reasons? The Z10 is high up the list though, soon as a chance is given I'l jump on the opportunity.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Why on earth would you assume anybody on this forum would fast forward your video to the last minutes? It is extremely entertaining riding with you this path. Unfortunately it is a one way conversation, BUT you are a great entertainer and an even better tour-guide. So thank you for letting us ride along. It was great fun! ? 

Thank you or that :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes! The power and performance that I get from the 58-volt Z10 has convinced me that Gotway's pursuit of higher voltages is just a cheap engineering tactic to get more speed. I suspect that Ninebot has access to better engineers :)

I will agree with you on that as soon as Ninebot builds a wheel that brakes as the Gotways do:efee47c9c8: Maybe that's just a firmware update away, but somehow I wouldn't bet on it (if only because the Ninebot engineers wouldn't risk enough even if it was easily possible).

I think you should to the Mt. Wilson tour or something like this with your Z, where you have to grab the wheel a lot. To see if you can force it like you can with GWs. That should also show how strong it really is under higher stresses.

Also, is the msX the redheaded stepwheel at the moment?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Thank you or that :D

You are very welcome. I have to thank you. Loved to see the Queen Mary. Must be very nostalgic to spend a few nights there. Or cruising around with one of those stylish catamarans you passed. We used to have one. Little smaller though but still great fun. Natsukashikatta! (Brought up nice memories.) Seeing you pass by. Hope you take us along on more of your long range rides!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I will agree with you on that as soon as Ninebot builds a wheel that brakes as the Gotways do:efee47c9c8: Maybe that's just a firmware update away, but somehow I wouldn't bet on it (if only because the Ninebot engineers wouldn't risk enough even if it was easily possible).

I think you should to the Mt. Wilson tour or something like this with your Z, where you have to grab the wheel a lot. To see if you can force it like you can with GWs. That should also show how strong it really is under higher stresses.

Also, is the msX the redheaded stepwheel at the moment?

I will be doing the 4600-ft Mount Wilson climb on the Z10 :thumbup:

The poor braking must be firmware related. The wheel has uphill climbing power similar to my MSuper V3s+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

You are very welcome. I have to thank you. Loved to see the Queen Mary. Must be very nostalgic to spend a few nights there. Or cruising around with one of those stylish catamarans you passed. We used to have one. Little smaller though but still great fun. Natsukashikatta! (Brought up nice memories.) Seeing you pass by. Hope you take us along on more of your long range rides!

Maybe I will do more tour-type videos. I know many (most) people don't like the longer videos, but nobody forces them to watch :P

• Like 3

Maybe I will do more tour-type videos. I know many (most) people don't like the longer videos, but nobody forces them to watch :P

It’s the commentary that counts. I also love some of the videos the newbies are doing. They are very entertaining and creative. 

Not so far from now we will have your videos in 3D virtual reality and then they will be even more fun. But for now, I find them really entertaining and inspiring!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s the commentary that counts. I also love some of the videos the newbies are doing. They are very entertaining and creative. 

Not so far from now we will have your videos in 3D virtual reality and then they will be even more fun. But for now, I find them really entertaining and inspiring!

I'm still waiting for the right 360 camera that would work for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm still waiting for the right 360 camera that would work for me.

I'm interested in the insta360 one.. looks very good ?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s really nice. Just got mine today. 

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm interested in the insta360 one.. looks very good ?

I prefer the cameras that aren't designed around the phone. And this one seems focused on the iPhone market. But for what it is, seems very cool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I prefer the cameras that aren't designed around the phone. And this one seems focused on the iPhone market. But for what it is, seems very cool.

they do have software for Windows and also they have an adapter for android now either type c or  micro usb port?

13 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

It’s really nice. Just got mine today. 

can't wait to see your vids nice one ??

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I prefer the phones (and iPads and other iGod products) that allow cameras to be designed around it. ? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stephen said:

they do have software for Windows and also they have an adapter for android now either type c or  micro usb port?

can't wait to see your vids nice one ??

Tried some today. They turned out horrible. ?

There is a learning curve here too. So it might take a while ? Please allow some patience! ? 

96D8D2BA-80AE-4222-AF43-348E8AAA50B3.png

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I prefer the phones (and iPads and other iGod products) that allow cameras to be designed around it. ? 

I do everything on PC's so I don't like products that are designed around phones. That's just me.

• Like 2

I do everything on PC's so I don't like products that are designed around phones. That's just me.

No. My father says that too! Generation gap, if you ask me! ? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Tried some today. They turned out horrible. ?

There is a learning curve here too. So it might take a while ? Please allow some patience! ? 

96D8D2BA-80AE-4222-AF43-348E8AAA50B3.png

Interface in German for the Japanese market?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

No. My father says that too! Generation gap, if you ask me! ? 

Generation gap or no, you can't effectively use Photoshop or very nice video editing software on a phone. I enjoy my dual 24-inch desktop monitors.

If you want to do serious work you're not going to be doing it on a phone. Unfortunately a lot of young people don't do serious work :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Generation gap or no, you can't effectively use Photoshop or very nice video editing software on a phone. I enjoy my dual 24-inch desktop monitors.

If you want to do serious work you're not going to be doing it on a phone. Unfortunately a lot of young people don't do serious work :whistling:

Do you want to try my iPad Pro? It might change your mind. :whistling:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Do you want to try my iPad Pro? It might change your mind. :whistling:

I have an iPad Pro, Pencil, etc. I still prefer the PC for video & photo editing.

• Like 1