THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 8/18/2018 at 3:37 PM, Gustesta said:

Utah Electric Unicycle Group - Utah Lake ride - Z10, V10F, ACMv2, KS18s + KS14s

First Utah group ride with @Japmerican, @Mark Lee, @Lueksparky and his son!

SORRY, LENSES WERE SCRATCHED due to an accident with @japamerican KS18 hahah

Thanks @Gustesta for getting the first video out!  This was a great meetup.  I'm really glad to know you all.

19 hours ago, Lueksparky said:

Excellent day for a ride, especially through Provo canyon. Anyone out there waiting for the Z10, its a fabulous ride and I'd love to own one. The only possible  drawback for me at this point is that it's so much fun to ride I wish it came with a 1600wh battery for more range. I'm currently riding the V10F (960wh battery) and get 30-32 miles per full charge with my riding style. I do enjoy riding mine but am looking towards longer range for my next ride (ACM, MSX, KS18S). Maybe by the time I can afford one, ninebot will have a larger battery option available:). One other observation - in my opinion, the Z10 is the coolest looking EUC built yet - seriously,  the "batmobile" of EUC's.:eff034a94a:

Thanks again to @Mark Lee for getting everyone together and providing a loaner wheel (KS14S) for my son to ride, @Gustesta for letting us all try his new Z10 (and a Dualtron e-scooter), @Japmerican for letting us tryout his KS18S (who new sitting could be so hard?). 

Now we just need to work on getting more converts to the EUC way of life.

p.s. fyi @Gustesta makes a killer cheese roll if you ever get the chance to try one.:thumbup:

I completely agree on @Gustesta's cheese roll.  Just wow! I loved riding all the EUC's.  Thanks everyone for sharing.

19 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

Just went through raw footage of Provo canyon ride.  @Japmerican has a copy to edit... Special thanks to @Gustesta for his hospitality and the ride on his Tesla Model S, what an amazing car, very impressed... ;)

Thanks @Mark Leefor giving me a copy to work on.  Here's the first batch from just my helmet cam.  You're video is much better quality and will be with the next batch.

19 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:popcorn:  Looks like a fun day!  You guys definitely might want to consider elbow pads.  Trust me.  :whistling:

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it but underneath my long sleeves, I have a set of G-Form elbow pads on.  After my first on only crash where I wore elbow pads that didn't help, I've got some better, longer pads that also go on under a long sleeve.  I don't like pain!

Now for what everyone has been waiting for this is part 1 of who-knows-how-many of the Inaugural Utah EUC Ride featuring Bracy, Gustesta, Mark Lee, Dan and Mark.  We've also included special stunts *cough* crashes *cough* performed by Gustesta! You know I'm joking @Gustesta. :thumbup::popcorn:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Japmerican said:

Thanks @Gustesta for getting the first video out!  This was a great meetup.  I'm really glad to know you all.

I completely agree on @Gustesta's cheese roll.  Just wow! I loved riding all the EUC's.  Thanks everyone for sharing.

Thanks @Mark Leefor giving me a copy to work on.  Here's the first batch from just my helmet cam.  You're video is much better quality and will be with the next batch.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it but underneath my long sleeves, I have a set of G-Form elbow pads on.  After my first on only crash where I wore elbow pads that didn't help, I've got some better, longer pads that also go on under a long sleeve.  I don't like pain!

Now for what everyone has been waiting for this is part 1 of who-knows-how-many of the Inaugural Utah EUC Ride featuring Bracy, Gustesta, Mark Lee, Dan and Mark.  We've also included special stunts *cough* crashes *cough* performed by Gustesta! You know I'm joking @Gustesta. :thumbup::popcorn:

@Japmerican Sorry for crashing your KS18s TWICE!!! ?I'm glad it's still working fine ?I'm not using that selfie stick next time!!!! hahahaha 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gustesta said:

@Japmerican Sorry for crashing your KS18s TWICE!!! ?I'm glad it's still working fine ?I'm not using that selfie stick next time!!!! hahahaha 

yeah the old 18s 1680wh version can definitely get out of balance quickly.

takes the most focus of any of my wheels. turning, anyway.

Edited by novazeus

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thanks Toshio! I'm already dreaming/planning about my next purchase and have done some research on MSuper and Z10! 

You will love the Z10. There is nothing like it out there. In time most riders will realize that. Of course some will demand higher speeds (45+ to 60 km/h others more battery power for more range, but for most of us, the Z10 is a dream EUC that satisfies all your needs. The 46 km/h speed limit is for your own safety. And it is fast enough for me. (Until the Z20 and the Z10 Pro are released ... ?)

Edited by Toshio Uemura

I am currently afraid to follow this thread.  I haven't been here for a while and there's a big backlog of funny, dreamy, scary and foolish floating wonderfulness to go through ... so I'm afraid if I do follow it, I will never be able to stop and the rest of my life will be forfeit ...

... can you folks stop having fun for a while?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toshio Uemura said:

You will love the Z10. There is nothing like it out there. In time most riders will realize that. Of course some will demand higher speeds (45+ to 60 km/h others more battery power for more range, but for most of us, the Z10 is a dream EUC that satisfies all your needs. The 46 km/h speed limit is for your own safety. And it is fast enough for me. (Until the Z20 and the Z10 Pro are released ... ?)

on a scale of 1 to 10, compared to all other euc’s you have had experience with, how safe do you feel the z10 is as far as not having a mechanically induced cut off?

i realize it’s just a gut feel guess at this stage of the game.

1 hour ago, yegwheel said:

Our trip across the Walterdale bridge this morning on the  first Edmonton group ride. I have finally worked out how to get full resolution out of the whole 360 camera process so this one looks a bit better than previous ones.

what camera are you using  please i like the footage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yegwheel said:

Our trip across the Walterdale bridge this morning on the  first Edmonton group ride. I have finally worked out how to get full resolution out of the whole 360 camera process so this one looks a bit better than previous ones.

Almost as good as a drone! Rofl ? and probably much easier to handle.

But why is everybody so dead serious? Isn’t anybody using music ? while riding? It is so much fun!?

13 hours ago, Gustesta said:

You didn't do any harm to it, that's for sure.  I was more worried about you in that second one.  After trying all the other EUCs from you guys, I'm so glad that I learned on this one.  It seems like having to learn to do tight turns and things on this big beast helped me immensely on the others.  I was amazed at how easy it was to turn in place with those.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

But why is everybody so dead serious? Isn’t anybody using music ? while riding? It is so much fun!?

Totally agree. I tried using Youtube to apply a music track to this one, and it seemed to make the attempt, it even says there is a music track there, but when you watch the video it doesn't come through for some reason. It was late, and I really wanted to get this out, so I got lazy and just posted as is. It really should have a title and closing sequence as well.

Oh I see upon re-reading that you meant while riding. 

Edited by yegwheel
Misinterpreted original message.

3 minutes ago, Japmerican said:

You didn't do any harm to it, that's for sure.  I was more worried about you in that second one.  After trying all the other EUCs from you guys, I'm so glad that I learned on this one.  It seems like having to learn to do tight turns and things on this big beast helped me immensely on the others.  I was amazed at how easy it was to turn in place with those.

Yeah, the KS18s takes off like an enthusiastic goat, and it will do it in any direction. I love mine. The high body makes it feel like a horse’s neck and it feels more like a companion than a vehicle at times. Its hard to explain if one hasnt ridden it. 

I have dumped mine coming down a steep hill and it bounced all the way down the hill, but came out unscathed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Dead simple to handle in the moment for sure, you just have to hold the thing up during the ride. A bit of work after the fact though, having to pick out all the shots and transitions and whatnot.

20 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thanks for looking out! I was having the exact same discussion with my friend today when we were out longboarding... and told him that I need to get wrist guards. I've injured both my wrists before because of practising way too much handstands and it took months for them to recover. So I know what it feels like to have limited movement, pain, etc. Especially since for me exercise and fitness is MY LIFE and if my training would get affected that would have a big negative impact on me. Not to mention that I work with my computers.

Thanks again for your words of wisdom!

Np, just happy if anyone could avoid my sorrows, but since already experienced it you know, great move Mike take care of the wrists and strap on a pair. :)

3 hours ago, yegwheel said:

Dead simple to handle in the moment for sure, you just have to hold the thing up during the ride. A bit of work after the fact though, having to pick out all the shots and transitions and whatnot.

I am still waiting for my “Insta360 ONE 4K” to be delivered, should arrive in the next few weeks. These 360 cameras are so nice.. a real progress in amateur videography. This summer there is either wind or rain I had no chance yet to get my MavicPro up in the air. ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I am still waiting for my “Insta360 ONE 4K” to be delivered, should arrive in the next few weeks. These 360 cameras are so nice.. a real progress in amateur videography. This summer there is either wind or rain I had no chance yet to get my MavicPro up in the air. ? 

Awesome! I received mine last week. Did you by chance purchase the InstaOne selfie stick? I thought the stick was just a gimmick but the small profile of the attachment point for the camera does give the illusion the stick is invisible. There may be a special black ‘stealth’ coating covering the stick’s surface but I could be wrong. 

I’ve been reviewing 360 videos on Youtube to gain some appreciation of the idiosyncrasies behind capturing and editing footage. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome! I received mine last week. Did you by chance purchase the InstaOne selfie stick? I thought the stick was just a gimmick but the small profile of the attachment point for the camera does give the illusion the stick is invisible. There may be a special black ‘stealth’ coating covering the stick’s surface but I could be wrong. 

I’ve been reviewing 360 videos on Youtube to gain some appreciation of the idiosyncrasies behind capturing and editing footage. 

No not by chance and neither on purpose, but I will definitely look into getting one now that you mentioned it. So does that mean other sticks do not create this illusion of invisibility?  I thought it had to do with the camera and it’s blind spot and not with the stick. 

I was going to use this one:

Manfrotto 2 in 1 Monopod & Pole: http://amzn.to/2vPJBWu (did i mention it can be used as a monopod as well???)

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcglider said:

Man, I forgot how beautiful it is out in the mid-west... gotta get back there soon...:)

Come on out, since you're one of mars brothers as Hunka put it. Just PM me and you can use any one of my wheels... least I can do after all the torment I put you through lol... you can pay me back once you recieve your Z10...  One cool ass wheel man... :dribble:

• Like 2