THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, US69 said:

@Alien Rides is it possible that i can see in the Videos on some occasions the bit lack of torque that was attested to the Demo Unit? 

On some downhills it seams the Wheel wasn't able to stay under the rider….as it would not have enough braking power.

Would be nice to know if that is gone with the production Unit, as i am thinking of buying one myself.

So a bunch of those hills were uneven, some with soft soil and ruts. I wouldn’t judge that video as a test of torque necessarily, though more may have possibly helped.

I think a bigger test is some of the San Francisco hills that we climb. The demo unit could definitely use more torque here as it struggled with some of our everyday hills. @who_the has some experience with this ?

I’d say wait for some production unit reviews. They should be out in a few days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm processing my mountain stress test video as we speak. 

Can’t wait to see it and hear your thoughts. Don’t read and write too many comments now ... keep on processing. Please ? i’ll be up all night.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do I understand correctly you can choose your view (direction, FOV) in post? How long does it record?

The gopro plugins for Premier Pro allow you to do this in post yes; apparently they work for any 360 camera. The Fusion recording time is based on the size of the memory cards you put in it. With 64gb cards (the gopro takes two) it seems like the limit is 1-2 hours. Overheating the camera is also supposed to be an issue if you run it continuously, I haven't run into that yet either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Marty Backe Ouch, seems like the Z10 is 90% a surprise phenomenal offroad wheel, but lacks the really important final 10%:efeeab781c:

@Hsiang Love your videos!

I'd say the i5 is a little too slow/weak and a little too expensive to be significantly more successful. With 25km/h reliable top speed, a stronger motor, and a <$500 price point, it would be something else. Also, hard to even buy the thing. This is why the S5 is exciting, still a slim 14 incher but quite the performance. Hopefully it will find some sellers.

But the i5 is indeed unique. I found myself really wanting one on a few occasions where effortless portability counted, and it's so damn good at that.

Maybe you should try a "real" EUC some time, would be interesting to see what you think. There are a lot of meet-ups in NYC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe Ouch, seems like the Z10 is 90% a surprise phenomenal offroad wheel, but lacks the really important final 10%:efeeab781c:

@Hsiang Love your videos!

I'd say the i5 is a little too slow/weak and a little too expensive to be significantly more successful. With 25km/h reliable top speed, a stronger motor, and a <$500 price point, it would be something else. Also, hard to even buy the thing. This is why the S5 is exciting, still a slim 14 incher but quite the performance. Hopefully it will find some sellers.

But the i5 is indeed unique. I found myself really wanting one on a few occasions where effortless portability counted, and it's so damn good at that.

Maybe you should try a "real" EUC some time, would be interesting to see what you think. There are a lot of meet-ups in NYC.

Glad you like the video! I have gone to a few Meetup and tried a few other unicycle. But without more time with one I really can tell what it's like. I am on Jason's wait list for a Z10 but unfortunately did not make batch 1. But will definitely make a review video when I have it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

Still pretty new at this; would love to know what everyone thinks! actually just realized that a few voice tracks sounded really weird but hope it isn't too jarring.

Maybe I should call the video "the scooter that no one loves" since I feel like i am the only one who has one..

Lots of great valuable reasoning for this tiny one wheel Zero Halliburton!

Great video! Fun to watch all through to the end. Loved the scene in the supermarket. 

Since this is your first and only wheel I have nothing to argue here. Our first wheel will always have a special place in our ❤️ and personal EUC history. But since you admitted to your longing for the Z10, allow me one comment: watch your video again one year from now, when you will be riding your Z. It will put a lovely, nostalgic smile ? on your face, similar to mine right now. 

Edited by Toshio Uemura

39 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That’s marketing strategy! If the Z would be the 100% off-road wheel you long for, what would be left to thrive for? Would anybody ever buy anything else? There always is and will be a higher, bigger, better, faster, steeper-climbinger, longer-rangier, beastier something in life! And if the Z10 would be 100% we would all die in awe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

See the associated discussion here: 

Great video! Thank you! Uphill was as I expected it to be. Downhill too. The Z rides differently in comparison to the GW wheels. It takes some additional practice for downhill riding. You might want to try the brake assist function. It is actually not as bad as I first though for steeper downhill rides since the pedals are slightly raised. Lowering your point of gravity a bit also makes a difference for me. You might want to experiment a bit here. Give it a week or two to get out of the GW downhill mode. ? 

I am sure everybody did notice your magic smile from one ear to the other on your way to the hill and on your way up. Telltale sign of Z addiction. ? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

We put the Z10 demo unit through a torture test on what is likely our last ride with the unit. Turns out it's one of the toughest and well engineered wheels. It handled everything we threw at it and took a beating that most other wheels would crumble under. Very impressive engineering!

That was great. Very funny when Sam lets the wheel roll away from him, and then I notice you guys tied a strap on it. Didn't help at the end though :laughbounce2:

Good choice in removing the trolley handle for that exercise :thumbup:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, who_the said:

You saw that huh :)

I like the trolley handle - it has it's place. I actually wish they could have designed it with a quick disconnect so you could put it on when you're going to be trolleying (like in a store), but otherwise leave it off.

6 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

i KNOW, I WAS THERE :clap3:

Very nice. And I also enjoyed your excellent capture of Simon wiping out :D

• Upvote 1

@Afeez Kay (i coulnt quote for some reason..)

This is where to be honest i think the msuper X is better for offroad with a bigger tire sidewall, i run both through some hard tests in the trails, the msx took more effort to get to wobble, and the roots in the forest definetly were smoothened out by the msx better, but the z10 felt very stable though, and as i can see in the video it hit a hole and the wheel kina goes from side to side because the tire wants to stay upright but the diameter is about 17 inches not 19.5 like the msx, and i felt the same feeling while going over bumps eith the z10 as in the video the way the guy crashed, it starts ro go off balance then gets into a feedback loop where the wide tire keeps wanting to stay upright and thus the quick very fast wobble that made him crash

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1