THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 8/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, Toshio Uemura said:

Do you want to try my iPad Pro? It might change your mind. :whistling:

I have an iPad pro 12.9 also and use it a lot for work. But can't imagine doing video editing on that thing. No way it'll keep up given the size of video files nowaday. I have a pretty beefy system at home (i7 1070 32gb ram + 1tb ss) and it still crawls at times with the 4k videos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hsiang said:

I have an iPad pro 12.9 also and use it a lot for work. But can't imagine doing video editing on that thing. No way it'll keep up given the size of video files nowaday. I have a pretty beefy system at home (i7 1070 32gb ram + 1tb ss) and it still crawls at times with the 4k videos.

Storage would be a definite showstopper. I'm already running out of space on a new 2TB drive after only three weeks or so of editing 4k video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yegwheel said:

Storage would be a definite showstopper. I'm already running out of space on a new 2TB drive after only three weeks or so of editing 4k video.

Get a NAS! Its the only way to go! I bought a 4 bay box and pop a 4tb drive init. its too slow to edit with but great for backup old projects. I have 1 TB left free and will probably fill it up in another few month but its easy to add more storage.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

Get a NAS! Its the only way to go! I bought a 4 bay box and pop a 4tb drive init. its too slow to edit with but great for backup old projects. I have 1 TB left free and will probably fill it up in another few month but its easy to add more storage.

Yeah absolutely + transfer it afterwards, would never work on a magnetic drive either but that's just me they drive me nuts, for storage though the old tech still great.

A decent NAS is nice, personally I would raid it though just in case.

2 hours ago, dieterGRAMS said:

Went for a ride around Williamsburg/Greenpoint. Got free Pizza from Paulie Gee's!

Great Video! Very entertaining and communicative. What brand of camera and ? stick did you use?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roo Williams said:

Toshio it's the Insta360 One, just ask @Hsiang as apparently (if it's the same Hsiang) he went out and bought one immediately after seeing one of our vids :D

I got mine last week. But there is a learning curve. ? Need a bit more practice ...what kind of stick do you use? How long?

3 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

I got mine last week. But there is a learning curve. ? Need a bit more practice ...what kind of stick do you use? How long?

I did, the ability to rewind and change angle was amazing! My Insta360 came with a branded stick that works really well with the camera. if you need to get a stick that wasn't specifically design for the camera, make sure that the mounting plate is the same diameter as the stick, the one I have is about an inch (25mm) thick.

• Like 1