THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I like the trolley handle - it has it's place. I actually wish they could have designed it with a quick disconnect so you could put it on when you're going to be trolleying (like in a store), but otherwise leave it off.

That’s a great Z modification idea! Let me contemplate the logistics  :confused1:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s a great Z modification idea! Let me contemplate the logistics  :confused1:

That would be amazing, and if anyone can do it, you can. I'll be watching :popcorn:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Lots of great valuable reasoning for this tiny one wheel Zero Halliburton!

Great video! Fun to watch all through to the end. Loved the scene in the supermarket. 

Since this is your first and only wheel I have nothing to argue here. Our first wheel will always have a special place in our ❤️ and personal EUC history. But since you admitted to your longing for the Z10, allow me one comment: watch your video again one year from now, when you will be riding your Z. It will put a lovely, nostalgic smile ? on your face, similar to mine right now. 

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how I feel differently! especially since the two, i5 vs the z10 is just about on the opposite pole of the EUC spectrum!

Its really intersting how having the unicycle changed my daily pattern. I am also interested in how the "regular" people react to the Z10, since most of the video I seen are riding in more rural areas.

btw, can you ride your Z10 on the street in Japan, or do you only do it in parks? I would love to see a video of what that look like! 

1 hour ago, Hsiang said:

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how I feel differently! especially since the two, i5 vs the z10 is just about on the opposite pole of the EUC spectrum!

Its really intersting how having the unicycle changed my daily pattern. I am also interested in how the "regular" people react to the Z10, since most of the video I seen are riding in more rural areas.

btw, can you ride your Z10 on the street in Japan, or do you only do it in parks? I would love to see a video of what that look like! 

Yes, you can. It’s not exactly legal but the police does not reinforce it as in Germany for example as long as you behave (which we usually don’t do ?) Since I live in the countryside, you can basically ride everywhere and people wave there hands at you and enjoy what they see. We are a very disciplined society. People take care of each other and are friendly. The following videos are rides on public roads. The first one is old, bad quality but it shows a night ride in Osaka city with friends (no Z). The second one is in the countryside, practicing with my Z10. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, steve454 said:

One of the first Z10 in San Francisco hill videos.  No problem going up, sketchy going down. 

Yeah, Jesse already posted that along with his commentary in my Z10 Tribulations thread. He agrees with me about the downhill issues, but he's only been riding for a few years and maybe 20000 miles ;)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Shad0z said:

@Afeez Kay (i coulnt quote for some reason..)

This is where to be honest i think the msuper X is better for offroad with a bigger tire sidewall, i run both through some hard tests in the trails, the msx took more effort to get to wobble, and the roots in the forest definetly were smoothened out by the msx better, but the z10 felt very stable though, and as i can see in the video it hit a hole and the wheel kina goes from side to side because the tire wants to stay upright but the diameter is about 17 inches not 19.5 like the msx, and i felt the same feeling while going over bumps eith the z10 as in the video the way the guy crashed, it starts ro go off balance then gets into a feedback loop where the wide tire keeps wanting to stay upright and thus the quick very fast wobble that made him crash

Not only that but the MSX tire is super soft while the z10 tire seems to be a harder compound. Neither have a good off-roading tread. 18l takes the cake here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, Jesse already posted that along with his commentary in my Z10 Tribulations thread. He agrees with me about the downhill issues, but he's only been riding for a few years and maybe 20000 miles ;)

Maybe flip it around and ride it "backwards" when going down hills?! May be a good test for ya next time...?

Edited by Rama Douglas

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I must have missed it.  :mellow:  Oh well, can't hurt to have the same video in two different threads.  :whistling:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dieterGRAMS said:

Not only that but the MSX tire is super soft while the z10 tire seems to be a harder compound. Neither have a good off-roading tread. 18l takes the cake here

the 18L tire is harder than the msx, for afforad the msx is better, i can confirm this i tried both, you just cant beat a bigger tire, its physichs, what makes the 18L “take the cake” kingsong magic? 

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

the 18L tire is harder than the msx, for afforad the msx is better, i can confirm this i tried both, you just cant beat a bigger tire, its physichs, what makes the 18L “take the cake” kingsong magic? 

Not tried the 18L, but yeah for the MSX which I can speak I agree the tire is quite soft, the 3" wide in combination with high tire wall and 19" something outer diameter just a treat to ride, very strong too, hurl my fat @ss off all steep hills I have tried even on the soft bark on the exercise tracks in the woods here which can be quite the challenge otherwise.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 2:19 PM, Toshio Uemura said:

Yes, you can. It’s not exactly legal but the police does not reinforce it as in Germany for example as long as you behave (which we usually don’t do ?) Since I live in the countryside, you can basically ride everywhere and people wave there hands at you and enjoy what they see. We are a very disciplined society. People take care of each other and are friendly. The following videos are rides on public roads. The first one is old, bad quality but it shows a night ride in Osaka city with friends (no Z). The second one is in the countryside, practicing with my Z10. 

Cool videos, I don't see many other EUC videos from Japan so its really interesting to see yours! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Long video I know, but fortunately nobody has to look at it or just fast forward to the last couple of minutes.

I attempt a 42-mile mile pre-planned ride on my production Z10. My riding weight is ~175-pounds. Along the way I give a tour of two Los Angeles rivers and the Long Beach oceanfront.

I watched the video in its full length and I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed now. Not on the video, on your new wheel Z10. Expected this would be the new flagship of all electric unicycles and the length of the range was my disappointment. 
My "old" Kingsong 16-C did it better, and I did not save the power at all on my range test, I ride full speed most of the time (It appears that the link does not open correctly. The details of my range test are found at the end of page two):

= findComment & comment = 183 987
Your video was very interesting to watch. Thank you for sharing!

Edited by dismason
The link does not open correctly.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dismason said:

I watched the video in its full length and I have to admit that I am a little bit disappointed now. Not on the video, on your new wheel Z10. Expected this would be the new flagship of all electric unicycles and the length of the range was my disappointment. 
My "old" Kingsong 16-C did it better, and I did not save the power at all on my range test, I ride full speed most of the time (It appears that the link does not open correctly. The details of my range test are found at the end of page two):

= findComment & comment = 183 987
Your video was very interesting to watch. Thank you for sharing!

42-miles (67-kilometers) is extremely good for 1000wh wheel. And remember that this 18-inch wheel is the 2nd heaviest ever made, behind the 22-inch Monster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

42-miles (67-kilometers) is extremely good for 1000wh wheel. And remember that this 18-inch wheel is the 2nd heaviest ever made, behind the 22-inch Monster.

yeah it is to say i get 45-50 miles on the msx 1600wh but that's on trails with a bit of speed though , what have you average on msx marty on that route?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Electroman said:

Not tried the 18L, but yeah for the MSX which I can speak I agree the tire is quite soft, the 3" wide in combination with high tire wall and 19" something outer diameter just a treat to ride, very strong too, hurl my fat @ss off all steep hills I have tried even on the soft bark on the exercise tracks in the woods here which can be quite the challenge otherwise.

I tried all three. Ks18L, Z10, and MSX

the ks18L feels like a slimmer, taller version of the msuper X, but with a less wide tire, the msuper X just feels a little wider, lower and more smooth

• Like 3