5 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Maybe they accidentally dropped the '1'. We should check with the Z8 and Z6 if they say "500" and "200" respectively. 

Those labels really are concerning. An 18-inch 800w wheel really would suck. I guess we'll finally know once @houseofjob has his hands on the wheel in the next week or so.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Maybe they accidentally dropped the '1'. We should check with the Z8 and Z6 if they say "500" and "200" respectively. 

Sure, they 'accidentally' dropped the 1. However, I would like to point out that 800W is just around the sorta legal limit of 1HP (ave) ~= 750W for similar devices (where regulated in US). ⚠️

Edited by RayRay
  • Like 1

Just FYI, the Z6 label also shows 800w. So it appears 800w is nominal power and the other 1200/1500/1800 are peak numbers. You can check in the link below from a Z6 beta user.

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=145391&mobile=2

One more surprising tidbit I found reading one of the user reviews is that the Z appears to have engine cutoff feature when lifting the handle with built-in pressure sensitive sensor. This is something that maybe can be confirmed next week by @houseofjob.

Edited by Adel
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Adel said:

Just FYI, the Z6 label also shows 800w. So it appears 800w is nominal power and the other 1200/1500/1800 are peak numbers. You can check in the link below from a Z6 beta user.

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=145391&mobile=2

One more surprising tidbit I found reading one of the user reviews is that the Z appears to have engine cutoff feature when lifting the handle with built-in pressure sensitive sensor. This is something that maybe can be confirmed next week by @houseofjob.

I wish we could start actually translating the relevant posts instead of simply linking to a foreign language website.  

It would be a real bummer if what you're suggesting about the nominal/peak power rating is true.  The V8 has a 2100W peak power rating with it's 800W nominal and a max speed of 35km/h.  Is there a chance that the V8 has a higher potential max speed, but is being limited by software?  It seems conceivable to me, given that wheellog enables one to increase the max speed from the rated 30km/h max.  How would the Z10 be able to achieve 45km/h with only a 1800W peak?   

I've been doubtful from the beginning about the assumption that the Z series will be underpowered, but I am clueless about engine tech.  The max speeds included in the specs is the primary evidence for my belief that there's misplaced concern, although the revelation about the 59V system was a negative surprise.  Then again, it doesn't seem that big a jump to the 67V KS sport wheels that are sufficient for most users.   

I'm less and less interested in any of the new wheels being released.  The Z10 remains the only one of significant interest for me.  

• Like 1

less interested = jaded 

Maybe some of us aren't as deeply conditioned by consumer culture as others? 

But then again, you wouldn't know about that because your self-esteem isn't tied to objects.  *cough*

1 minute ago, mezzanine said:

less interested = jaded 

But then again, you wouldn't know about that because your self-esteem isn't tied to objects.  *cough*

I think you're out of line and being a negative nancy, both here @Marty Backe and in another thread @wuppi .  Lighten up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

The V8 has a 2100W peak power rating with it's 800W nominal and a max speed of 35km/h.  Is there a chance that the V8 has a higher potential max speed, but is being limited by software?

All EUC (except Gotway) max speeds, both potential and real-life, are limited by software.

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

How would the Z10 be able to achieve 45km/h with only a 1800W peak?

Seems most of us are getting concerned staring at the bare numbers on the Zs. There are two reasons we shouldn't:

1. The marketing teams can put on the labels anything they wish. 25km/h speed limit in EU? Ok, let's print 20 from now on. 1kW max power limit? Sure, type 800. Z10 top speed was changed to 20 a while ago. A bit of a panic at first, but a few reviews solved that. But the other numbers remain.

2. Measuring EUC power is complicated, and can be done with a few different ways. None of them will however output a single number, but several power curves, based on speed, duration, temperature, etc. Choosing two numbers (max and nominal) to represent all those curves sucks. Only thing it achieves is to make people think that a 1000W IPS is more powerful than a 800W KingSong. While in reality KingSong might have twice the amount of usable power in any situation where it matters.

Look at the operating voltage of EUCs. 100V is 150% compared to 67V. Yet I haven't heard 100V wheels outperforming modern 67V wheels in a significant way. 59V is just a 12% decrease. I'm pretty sure it is easily compensated.

It is of course possible that the Z10 is underpowered, can't climb, and won't turn at speed. But manufacturer specs are not going to tell us any of that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, litewave said:

I think you're out of line and being a negative nancy, both here @Marty Backe and in another thread @wuppi .  Lighten up.

Is it okay with you if others express opinions you don't like?  

FWIW, the guy  you're white-knighting in the other thread is claiming that his roll technique is what saved him from serious injury following a 50km/h crash in which he wasn't wearing protective gear.  While you may find my calling him out on that "being a negative nancy," I'm thinking of the potential newbs that could wander into that thread and come away with the conclusion that it's okay to forgo safety gear.  

Marty equated my comment about being less interested in the new releases as being "jaded."  Who was being negative again in that instance?  

Edited by mezzanine

One of Chinese reviewer said he (75kg) could climb up still incline < 35 degrees. But he did not have a picture to show the incline measurement.

Other reviewers, most of them only had exp on A1 or C or E+, said that due to wide tire ( i guess also heavier spinning part of the wheel ), it is harder to turn at high speed.

Many reviewers suggested changing tire pattern to increase stability on wet surfaces, and to reduce the side movement when traveling perpendicular to incline. 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Those labels really are concerning. An 18-inch 800w wheel really would suck. I guess we'll finally know once @houseofjob has his hands on the wheel in the next week or so.

But then, again... the final product will be different anyway. :laughbounce2:

2 hours ago, mezzanine said:

less interested = jaded 

Hey, I'm just saying that I'm still excited by all new wheels. I didn't know that would be controversial :blink1: 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Have you seen and read the other thread? Some more concerning Statements from testers there:

17 hours ago, z3n said:

205837w4761qoxoww5zx6a.png

Nominal 800W... 

So it's like riding my V8 with a 10 kg backpack at 45 kph speed? Unbelievable! :facepalm:

I like the reminder on the pedal hanger stating that the product may have minor exterior marking due to factory testing that is done to ensure product functionality and in no way indicative of a used or refurbished product.  :unsure:  

Makes me think they actually do test them, but would rather not have marks on a new wheel.  Maybe it's just a cover for damage done during assembly.  :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It is of course possible that the Z10 is underpowered, can't climb, and won't turn at speed. But manufacturer specs are not going to tell us any of that.

On the beta tester reviews, one guy said that high speed turns are a little more challenging but that the wheel operates different than all the others out there. Treat it like its your first time riding one, give it a few weeks, and it will become more comfortable.

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

How can anyone not be excited about the times we are living through. V10, MCM5, KS18L, Z-series, MSuper X ... :w00t2:

Man, life is good. I hope never to be jaded with new wheel releases. From my experience riding lots of wheels, they are all fun and unique in their own way. I want them all.

What a great EUC time that we are living in :clap3:

Marty is like our Ash Ketchum. He is gonna get all the wheels! :laughbounce2:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Esper said:

On the beta tester reviews, one guy said that high speed turns are a little more challenging but that the wheel operates different than all the others out there. Treat it like its your first time riding one, give it a few weeks, and it will become more comfortable.

Those beta testers' only previous wheels are S1 S2 etc. They will have a hard time to adjust to big 18*4" quickly. For example, when I switched from 9B1E+ to MSuper 3, I felt that the same: hard to turn at high speed, hard to climb. After a few weeks, turning is not a problem at all. The "hard to climb" was due to the "small" pedal, not lack of power, was solved by squeezing the MSuper with legs. I doubt how many S1 riders learned to squeeze because it is not easy to squeeze that small EUC.   9B uses the E+ pedal on the 18" wheel, then the climbing without squeezing becomes very hard. Anyway, bigger wheel requires bigger power and bigger pedals to achieve the same input-output response as smaller wheels.

I remember that V10f promotional teaser mentioned that the boards' maximum power was 2000w. So, who knows.

Edited by EUCMania

55 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

NB pedals are easy to improve by sticking skateboard grip tape to them - just unscrew the 6 screws on the pedal, take metal plate out,  stick the grip, cut it to shape with sharp knife (including holes) and screw back

I did something similar a few years back and also added blunt grip studs.

30713464624_652fdb79b9_b.jpg

The new grip tape I currently use has a courser grit surface to further prevent foot slippage

42078106891_6978ff88c1_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1