New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I’m sure it’ll take some time before anyone will make such a video. But we can clearly see that the suspension already works much better and smoother than on the S18 or the EX, of any batch.

i've an EX (many riders here have it) and every s18 owner that have tried it said works way better his wheel...

but again, it's just my experience ;)

• Like 3

HKEUC youtube channel has alot of video clips of the Hero now. But hardly a clear one but at least its riding. Curious to see some tear downs. I was told Sept 20th that they are shipping out to customers.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:54 PM, ugoaps said:

it looks really big in comparison

The top of the Hero is obviously a saddle, it is at least partially meant for seated riding. The shell needs to have a certain height for that or your knees will be screaming. And the unloaded supension makes it appear a lot taller, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got this reply message from Wheel Rider Store regarding request for C30 speed version:

'friend. There is currently only the production of C38 versions. The factory is currently not planning to produce the C30 version of Hero. HERO's latest batch is expected to be shipped at the end of September or early October.'

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:39 PM, mhpr262 said:

The top of the Hero is obviously a saddle, it is at least partially meant for seated riding. The shell needs to have a certain height for that or your knees will be screaming. And the unloaded supension makes it appear a lot taller, too.

Good point. Is that the first production wheel with a saddle built-in the main shell design by the way?

If it looks like a saddle, it seem to lack an important part of a seat which is some kind of foam to improve comfort.

12 minutes ago, Greg X said:

Hero - 20.5cm wide, s20 - 33.8cm wide

Unlike all other wheels, the S20 width includes the powerpads (since they come with the wheel), as has been confirmed by Jason. (your image link apparently does not work, but I guess you are referring to the ewheels infographic). 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, yoos said:

Unlike all other wheels, the S20 width includes the powerpads (since they come with the wheel), as has been confirmed by Jason. (your image link apparently does not work, but I guess you are referring to the ewheels infographic). 

More broadly, the infographic unfortunately relies on OEM-reported measurements, and unfortunately each brand seems to use different methodologies for where/how they measure. Some measure pedal height from the top of pedals while some measure from the bottom; some measure case width including pads while others do from different points on the housing body; etc, etc. In the end you can use the infographic to compare models by the same brand to one-another, but I'd take any cross-brand comparison with a grain of salt.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Greg X said:

thx for adding infographic. 

Ok, if we include powerpads width (+5cm) difference is still very big: 20cm (Hero) vs 29cm (s20). 

For now fattest MonsterPro has "only" 26cm.        s20 seems to be much fatter wheel.

Don't think you should rely on any of these numbers until testers have the actual wheels.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:38 PM, Greg X said:

Ok, if we include powerpads width (+5cm)

Sounds like 5cm was just a random number in order to have a number. My pads are actually about 5cm thick as well, per side. The S20 pads look reasonably thick as well. I’m quite certain that 2.5cm per side doesn’t quite match up with the design.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Meserias said:

Why S20 it's so wide ??

Read a few posts above yours. Because the measurement includes sidepads.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Meserias said:

I don't think it's comfortable.

I’m pretty sure that you haven’t tried it yet. I’m also pretty sure that they try to make it very comfortable to as many riders as they possibly can.

• Like 2

it's another 4 cm more wide than MSP (which I consider little too wide)

1059299252_WhatsAppImage2021-09-29at5_05_01PM.thumb.jpeg.f21cc15645788023795d7c37907ecaeb.jpeg821721300_WhatsAppImage2021-09-26at11_40_44AM.thumb.jpeg.b504467911f03fc49a0f26f94c8480b4.jpeg

who is Sen Zhan ? ... can be this 230mm true value ?
so Hero it will be more comfortable to ride than S20

Edited by Meserias

3 hours ago, Meserias said:

so Hero it will be more comfortable to ride than S20

Width is just one of the many aspects that affect riding comfort. As a measure or doesn’t really tell anything. If it’s a 23cm wide rectangle box that reaches up to your knees, then yes, it’s probably uncomfortable. But if the width is perfectly contoured and the widest part is 23cm at the upper angle area, it can be the most comfortable wheel of all times.

I don’t know the widths of the MSX 84V and the V11, but I do know very well which one of them is about a few thousand times more comfortable, suspension or not.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, EMA said:

i'll take some time before saying something good or bad about the suspension, we all know the fantastic words spread before the release of the s18...than the 1st batch come out like shit ;)

i still haven't seen yet a working s18 in my wheel life, only noisy unit with broken shock, but it's just my experience

i'd like to see a clear video of the travel without air in the shock

I have an s18, first batch, the suspension works like a dream, no frictions at all, if I disengage the shock and lay it on the side, it slides all the way top to bottom by just giving it a slight angle.  

I will upload a video of it, just so you can keep your hopes up, with proper assembly this kind of suspension is excellent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaon said:

I have an s18, first batch, the suspension works like a dream, no frictions at all, if I disengage the shock and lay it on the side, it slides all the way top to bottom by just giving it a slight angle.  

I will upload a video of it, just so you can keep your hopes up, with proper assembly this kind of suspension is excellent. 

i'm happy for you, i've nothing against s18, hero or any kind of wheel, i like to see things working (at least how they're supposed to do) before talk 

19 minutes ago, EMA said:

i'm happy for you, i've nothing against s18, hero or any kind of wheel, i like to see things working (at least how they're supposed to do) before talk 

I agree that the s18 was/is an assembly semi-failure. But it can be made very smooth, in my case what made it was adding sims on the axle to stop it bending the sliders when tension was applied to the screws.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...