New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

On 8/23/2021 at 9:14 AM, Greg X said:

Ex was rather disappointment, Hero seems more interresting. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Is this an EX successor?

According to EUCO's listing for the EX, supposedly "PRODUCTION [of the EX] HAS BEEN PAUSED INDEFINITELY WHILE BEGODE DEVELOPS A NEW SUSPENSION WHEEL [presumably the Hero]." So this is an EX successor and replacement. (Which doesn't necessarily specify/clarify the lineage of its parts, just its place in the lineup.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

wheels become heavier and heavier these days.... this same with price, expensive or very expensive, or even ridiculously expensive. 

I think most of us would probably like much more than this new superheavy 16" Commander or very heavy Hero with relativelly small battery - something more traditional and cheaper, like upgraded Monster 22" v4 - 2700wh, 31kg, moderate price similiar to Monster v3. 

I know Veteran is planning to launch Abrams, but probably it will be also very heavy and very expensive.   Monster v3 was (and still is) very good, universal wheel in reasonable price, needed just trolley and bigger battery.

It is very strange that Begode didn't make any continuation of this popular model (maybe in the future) :efef927839: 22" is more comfortable than 20" and not as huge as 24". It doesn't need also huge motor. 

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Paradox said:

Ewheels mentions their "improved" battery packs.  This might explain it.

I thought you might be right until I just looked at the Commander. Ewheels also uses their "upgraded" battery packs here but the price is listed at similar values as on alienrides. weird 

Recycled Tech -

Suspension = S18

Front light = KS & IM

Motor/Rim/Tire = Veteran

Display = Veteran

Trolley Handle = Veteran

Partial Seat = Veteran

Weather Proofing = all other vendors since 2017

New Aspect of Wheel

$4k+ price tag

I kid, it is good that GW/BG/BP is trying to catch up on other aspects of their wheels besides performance (though they should enlist some outside help to assist with proper power button placement).

I will be very interested if I can run my MSP batteries in a 0whr Hero (if they make it an option).

After I took a big ole dump on it, I finally find the picture I have been looking for all day. Seems like the internal frame is made of steel which does make it quite a offroad force to be dealt with (and rather expensive to produce). -

image.png.4d9203706ae0b3097b598788a8687938.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Seems like the internal frame is made of steel

That slab somehow makes me think that the first prototype must’ve rode wonky as hell, and they redesigned it with the boss breathing down the engineers next, repeating that “next version is NO wonky!”

32 minutes ago, fbhb said:

or the usual cheap ass, porous castings

I wouldn’t be too concerned either way. It does seem having enough material to be able to do it’s job whether it’s made of steel or pot.

3 hours ago, fbhb said:

I'd personally be waiting for the thoroughly in depth strip down by EcoDrift to find out if that is "real steel" or the usual cheap ass, porous castings we have become All Too familiar with!

I'm sure it's same porous casting as always. But I'm fine with that, because I wouldn't buy this wheel for various reasons. 

18 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

I'm sure it's same porous casting as always. But I'm fine with that, because I wouldn't buy this wheel for various reasons

Please don't confuse my comments above with me having the least bit of interest in buying it either, but for me it is for a multitude of reasons (in fact, if I had it given to me for Free, I'd hand it straight back! :facepalm:)

The S20 is the ONLY New wheel option on my radar and will No Doubt be my next wheel purchase, at some point in the future!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, winterwheel said:

The "I hate Begode wheels" thing is getting a bit monotonous.

To be fair, they did it to themselves.

I look forward to seeing how this wheel is machined out of steel/has a steel frame(possibly) and is super solid yet getting the inevitable post about how gotway used a plastic bolt/bracket or some super shit bearing or cheaping out on one part somewhere that causes the suspension to lock up or rebound slow or the plastic shell to crack or any number of ridiculous things that wouldn't happen had they spent $0.50 more on a part.

Also to be fair, king song screwed up with their shit bearings in the s18 initially and inmotion had saddle cracking problems and bearing rust issues with the v11 initially.

Take away: 1st/2nd batch wheels are the game of someone with lots of maintenance experience and/or money to burn(perhaps literally with gotways recent record)

If I was a millionaire I would buy all the new wheels to try out because why not...but I'm not so I let you guys do that and live vicariously.  Thank you for service (salutes early adopters)

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

Take away: 1st/2nd batch wheels are the game of someone with lots of maintenance experience and/or money to burn(perhaps literally with gotways recent record)

Oh, I was going to wait for a 2nd batch S20 - 3rd batch is safest then?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ben-To said:

Oh, I was going to wait for a 2nd batch S20 - 3rd batch is safest then?

3rd times the charm they say.

2nd batch may be fine if the 1st batch is shown to have few or no problems.

When I buy most technical things I wait a couple months after release to see what bugs there are and if the manufacturer has done anything about those found.  As much as I would like to early adopt it's too much of a headache, don't like to do it with phones/computers/other electronics, let alone something that could seriously injure me if some idiot used hot glue where they shouldn't have.

Think of it like this:

1st batch = Find out what the problems are, buy if you have disposable DGAF money.

2nd batch= See if they fixed the problems from 1st batch, buy if you are confident the problems will be fixed or if the problems were very minor

3rd batch = same as 2nd batch if they fixed the problems with possible additional minor refinements, buy if you are confident the problems in the 2nd batch will be fixed or if the problems were very minor

and so on.

Once something seems to be stable and have minor issues and good reviews then I buy the item manufactured after that point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Glad to see the trolley handle vulnerability doesn't apply to Hero ;)

As long as you don't try to reproduce it at home you are safe! 😉😁

• Like 1

Nice if they found a way to seal the trolley. You could probably shower any EUC without it cutting immediately though, it might still cutout or burn some weeks later.

The fact GW seem to be looking at the question is good anyhow :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, div said:

Nice if they found a way to seal the trolley. You could probably shower any EUC without it cutting immediately though, it might still cutout or burn some weeks later.

The fact GW seem to be looking at the question is good anyhow :)

right?

Remember when they showed the nikola riding in the ocean in initial marketing vids

I'm sure they got back and threw that unit in the dumpster after a short while.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Next week: Gotway factory mysteriously burns down:D

Wasn't there a similar video before where they showed some wheel being hosed down?

You know, I can't blame gotway, If their wheels are gonna catch fire anyways they probably figure they should get some good footage of them spraying them down with water before they go roman candle :P

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

You know, I can't blame gotway, If their wheels are gonna catch fire anyways they probably figure they should get some good footage of them spraying them down with water before they go roman candle :P

Hey now, it's an insult to Roman craftmanship to compare 'roman candles' to Begode's construction.. ;-p

• Like 1