New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm also intrigued by the metal construction and the apparently new way to build in general, and looking forward to seeing more about that.

one thing i noticed is that the suspension on the hero seems very well protected

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I hope-expect they must change the ridiculous price.

Indeed, the preorder price at ecodrift has now been reduced by 270$, now at 2500$ without warranty and 2860$ with warranty. Quite sure the S20 price and specs announcement is to thank.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, itsmark said:

Found this clip on youtube, does anyone have a link to the unedited version? The mirroring thing is annoying

better version by eucVibes... (the original version is disclaiming "not to do it at home")...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, itsmark said:

Found this clip on youtube, does anyone have a link to the unedited version? The mirroring thing is annoying.

Holy crap, when did christopher Nolan start working for gotway to make product videos  /s

Also saying "do not imitate this operation" indicates you aren't confident in your waterproofing.  Either it's waterproof enough to confidently rinse off with a low pressure stream of water when dirty or ride in the rain or you are just pointlessly spraying it with water to give the illusion of water proofness while not actually claiming any IP rating and trying to legally disclaimer yourself to be protected.

I don't care about your video gotway, either go on record saying users can safely rinse off their EUC with a light flow of water or show the IP rating, put up or shut up as one might say.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I sure hope the squeaking is not the suspension, but the (quite empty) tire on that smooth floor.

You can still hear the sound when he rides over the carpeted back end of the hallway. Not looking like the tire… 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

A suspension should not sound like this. I hope this is only a prototype thing.

It doesn't sound very good, but at least it looks pretty responsive. It starts compressing/uncompressing with pretty small weight shifts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsmark said:

It doesn't sound very good, but at least it looks pretty responsive. It starts compressing/uncompressing with pretty small weight shifts.

It definitely does, I agree. Very differently from all S18 videos for example.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, supercurio said:

I'm guessing this suspension has some amount of friction from the sound it makes!

Nah, it’s not the suspension, it is all that extra cash, the change from the $4100 first batch price… :-)

• Like 2

i'll take some time before saying something good or bad about the suspension, we all know the fantastic words spread before the release of the s18...than the 1st batch come out like shit ;)

i still haven't seen yet a working s18 in my wheel life, only noisy unit with broken shock, but it's just my experience

i'd like to see a clear video of the travel without air in the shock

• Like 2

Shock absorbers generally do make a sound, just listen to cars going over speed bumps. And not just cheap cars, but maybe even the opposite: One of the loudest shocks I remember were in a new expensive Audi.

2 hours ago, EMA said:

we all know the fantastic words spread before the release of the s18...than the 1st batch come out like shit ;)

Oh how I wish I’d get even the tiniest of satisfaction from saying “I told you so”… But since I don’t, I won’t even say it.

2 hours ago, EMA said:

i still haven't seen yet a working s18 in my wheel life, only noisy unit with broken shock, but it's just my experience

I have examined and ridden more than half a dozen S18s, and the suspension worked well in only one of them, and quite well on another. Both were completely overhauled. All the rest were between disappointing and a disaster, despite the varying levels over overhauling being done to them. Latest unit was bought new in May 2021, with absolutely zero improvement to the oldest two from Aug 2020.

2 hours ago, EMA said:

i'd like to see a clear video of the travel without air in the shock

I’m sure it’ll take some time before anyone will make such a video. But we can clearly see that the suspension already works much better and smoother than on the S18 or the EX, of any batch.

• Like 1