New Begode "Hero" Suspension Wheel

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Someone is feeling brave about the waterproofing!

They have more wheels where that one came from... we don't know if this was an intentional "test to destruction" or the final act of a now former employee. All we know is that it went in and got most of the way out. We also know it doesn't float.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

They have more wheels where that one came from... we don't know if this was an intentional "test to destruction" or the final act of a now former employee. All we know is that it went in and got most of the way out. We also know it doesn't float.

This video didn't have a "DO NOT IMITATE" disclaimer unlike the one where they hosed it down, so the implication is that it's totally fine to ride through knee deep water!!:D

It does remind me of that old promotional video of the 84V Nikola where they drove it through ankle deep water on some beach I think? Turned out that model is still Gotway's most "water resistant" wheel, so maybe there is some truth to it! Of course assuming it doesn't catch fire right afterwards.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Let's just hope future Hero riders won't get us "off roaders" banned from MTB trails for causing massive brush fires and such. I would be REALLY PISSED:furious:

I can see it all now, local riders telling Hero riders to stay off their "break" as territorial surfers often do. :blink1:  

On 11/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, conecones said:

This video didn't have a "DO NOT IMITATE" disclaimer unlike the one where they hosed it down

Perhaps the "DO NOT IMITATE" part was for that entire clip. As in "don't try going up slippery stairs with a wet wheel" rather than just "don't hose it down".

In the meantime I'll go try waterproofing a toaster, I'll be right back.

Edited by Ecca
  • Like 2

The other short vids to me give the opposite impression of what they no doubt intended. 

I remember Jack's video where the Sherman burst into flames a few seconds AFTER it hit the ground from a failed climb. Cutting the clips short makes you wonder what happened after the impact or if the Hero shut down before it exited the water. 

Edited by DavidB
Spelling

1 hour ago, DavidB said:

Suspension does not seem to be very compliant. OK the Hong Kong guys are probably not heavyweights but their latest video doesn't show much vertical movement beyond what you would expect from tire compression.

But this one show it working well.

5 hours ago, DavidB said:

The other short vids to me give the opposite impression of what they no doubt intended. 

I remember Jack's video where the Sherman burst into flames a few seconds AFTER it hit the ground from a failed climb. Cutting the clips short makes you wonder what happened after the impact or if the Hero shut down before it exited the water. 

That was not hitting the ground which killed the sherman but the current/heat over the hill

Here the hero mother board is fine no cutoff the wheel fall from a skid

Looks like there is definitely some attention to detail regarding the (exterior only?) design.
This is very interesting… Could GotWay/Begode redeem themselves with delivering a high build quality durable and not flammable? Looking forward to the disassembly videos. ;-)

• Like 2